Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Nigel Pearson working for KP again

39 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Hatred might be the wrong word, disrespect and lack of acknowledgement for what he did here is probably more appropriate 

I think I posted earlier to say that i respect him but i wouldnt want him back.  He is a good leader... works with hadworking players and gets rid of prima donnas.  But he wasnt able to tactically compete in the pl.  He took us up to beyond his area of competancy. I am glad he did.. but hes not the one to improve us now

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Apart from that fan who got told to "**** off and die". Would really want Pearson coming back without his right hand man Shakey as number two? The pair are double act, when Pearson went to Derby without shakespeare he struggled. 

**** off and die.

2 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I think I posted earlier to say that i respect him but i wouldnt want him back.  He is a good leader... works with hadworking players and gets rid of prima donnas.  But he wasnt able to tactically compete in the pl.  He took us up to beyond his area of competancy. I am glad he did.. but hes not the one to improve us now

I agree, in fairness though, 1 season in the prem is hardly grounds to say he is tactically not good enough and wouldn't improve. 

Wagner would be welcomed with open arms by most here but he's hardly set the league on fire, they've been pretty poor and he's made some wild decisions. 

Would I want to give him another chance? Probably not. But if definitely not write him off just yet in terms of potential capability. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

Not being funny but I'm absolutly certain we won the league off NP tatics anyway. The season we won the league claudio ranieri sat back and let Shakespeare take training set up tatics and deal with the nutrition amd diets for the players and if you actually think about it our playing style was exactly the same from the great escape. 

Still beleave CR just took the credit for it.

NP eventually got this team of average players into winners not just winners but hungry crazed players that fought for every second from kick off.

Do think we should reappoint him? no I don't.

But would be happy if he was given the job again atleast he would steady the ship for a few years

Absolutely no chance would we have won the league without Ranieri's tactics in the second half of the season, and they were his tactics absolutely no question. That season was just a steady transition from Pearson's tactics (the comeback kings) to Ranieri's tactics and the rest is history.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Seems to me if you’re not a Pearson ‘lover’ on here and permanently rimming the job he did then you’re seen as ‘anti Pearson’ - which is total bollux.

NeverDoubt.JPG.92b3a0604c07503792895da98ce55888.JPG

5 hours ago, baldeagle said:

That don’t make sense surely if they  were that pissed  off about Pearson they wouldn’t play brilliantly for the manager that replaced him which was Ranieri . I can just hear the players now right that’s  it Im really pissed of infact I’m that pissed of I’m going to play really well all season and win the league, that’ll show them 

Well they wanted to act as a band of brothers and rally round each other. It inadvertently brought them closer together. Question it if you want but it came from a former assistant, then manager, who's namesake was a world renowned author/playright...

• Like 1

Life sometimes can't expect to provide dreams for some, no matter how much one admires such a thing to happen again which they've appreciated in the past.

Some need to accept that him being hired again for the role is as unlikely as there being no clouds in the sky for the rest of this month.

It won't happen.

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

I bet he's got the biggest dong of any of our former managers and, for that reason alone, it is a yes from me. Come home oh pendulous one.  X

If his son takes after him then yes he definitely has. 

People get 10 years in prison now for carrying a weapon like that around. 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Life sometimes can't expect to provide dreams for some, no matter how much one admires such a thing to happen again which they've appreciated in the past.

Some need to accept that him being hired again for the role is as unlikely as there being no clouds in the sky for the rest of this month.

It won't happen.

77A8EE47-938C-4C78-BC90-2B3F726C4E91.thumb.jpeg.7b6403c2d396c7b6835f0d11e74d7205.jpeg

Edited by Sharpe's Fox

4 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Are people not able to learn anything else or adapt, I think two reasons which helped us two the title was Kante , Fushs and a full season in the premier league in our belt knowing we can compete against most the teams in the league, we played almost exactly the same way we did under Pearson,(the team he put together peaked at the same time individual players like Mahrez, Vardy, Drinkwater, Morgan, Kasper, Albrighton, SImpson) who's to say what could have happened, back to the point i'm sure people can learn to adapt or improve in there job.

Edited by whoareyaaa

4 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

We finished on 41 points in 14th place - not a million miles from where we are right now. 

I'd say that he learnt pretty quickly all things considered and despite a poor season he found a system that worked towards the end and the players never gave up. 

Aside from the title win I've seen nothing to suggest that anyone else has done any better since. 

Why is everybody so sure that Pearson wouldn't have gone on to be a better manager in the PL given more time with this squad? 

I don't understand the whole 'above his level' thing. People learn and people improve. 

Great post.

We started that season pretty well, middle of the season we had a dreadful run despite playing alright in the most part of the games. Then end of season we looked very good again, thanks to a tactical change from a man who is allegedly tactically naive.

Sean Dyche took Burnley down remember, would have been easy to say he isn't up to the top level, but instead he and Burnley have improved for the experience. Now we would love to tempt Dyche away.

Team spirit really can do you alright in this league. Stoke, West Brom etc thought the grass would be greener and they will both be playing Championship footy next year.

4 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Again, not wanting him back, preferring MON or Ranieri, disagreeing with how Pearson handled certain situations or whatever, is not the same as saying ‘bad’ things about him.

People get far too protective and sensitive (the younger posters at a guess) whenever someone else disagrees with something NP did or gives him any sort of mild criticism.

Seems to me if you’re not a Pearson ‘lover’ on here and permanently rimming the job he did then you’re seen as ‘anti Pearson’ - which is total bollux.

This 100%

• Like 2