Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Nigel Pearson working for KP again

16 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

Others have struggled to create that bond though.

I'd like for someone else to be a success for us but easier said than done.

No-one has done better for this Club than Ranieri in bonding the players and winning the title, something we would never had done with Pearson. The problem, as we all know, is the players went off piste for whatever reason. The players were responsible for getting Ranieri and his successor Shakespeare the sack and now they're doing their best to get Puel the sack. It's all so sad and so unsavoury.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

No-one has done better for this Club than Ranieri in bonding the players and winning the title, something we would never had done with Pearson. The problem, as we all know, is the players went off piste for whatever reason. The players were responsible for getting Ranieri and his successor Shakespeare the sack and now they're doing their best to get Puel the sack. It's all so sad and so unsavoury.

Did they? Really?

I'm sorry but I don't buy that, I think the players really liked Shakespeare unfortunately he was out of his depth and simply not a manager.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

You realise the players didn't like him that much? They were so pissed off about Pearson, that's what got them revved up.

Claudio was a genius with his tactics that season and handling of the media and completely clueless the next year.

9 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

You realise the players didn't like him that much? They were so pissed off about Pearson, that's what got them revved up.

Claudio was a genius with his tactics that season and handling of the media and completely clueless the next year.

That don’t make sense surely if they  were that pissed  off about Pearson they wouldn’t play brilliantly for the manager that replaced him which was Ranieri . I can just hear the players now right that’s  it Im really pissed of infact I’m that pissed of I’m going to play really well all season and win the league, that’ll show them 

Edited by baldeagle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ranieri was a legend for what he did, and I suspect NP wouldn't have been so good at generating the 'goodwill factor' as he was, and probably wouldn't have set that crucial 79 point target at Xmas either, but it was pretty much a team and backroom team that Pearson assembled, so that counts for something. I'm not sure why you're so keen to give so much credit to Ranieri in your posts, but largely overlook the lengthy team-building project which preceded it and the excellence of the playing staff.

Secondly, you're blaming the players for Ranieri's sacking (without proportionately crediting them for his success), but he played a part in getting fired too, be it via poor signings or playing systems without preparing them beforehand. Many of the accusations in the media were inaccurate, such as the meeting which never took place. And, of course, the Ranieri-Shakespeare switch turned out to be the right decision.

As for Shakespeare, he had the support of the dressing room. He struggled to establish himself as a manager, had a tricky run of fixtures, was let down by the Silva saga and lost his job in the context of those events, rather than in the context of player revolt. On top of that, the stories about behind-the-scenes unrest under Puel have focused on new players and not the old guard, so if the players are trying to get Puel the sack then they're not the same players who may or may not have done it previously.

Above all, it wasn't just Ranieri who won the league. The players won it too and I think they deserve a bit more respect than being repeatedly accused of betraying managers when there's plenty of evidence to the contrary. The media will try to sell newspapers with stories of the back-stabbing traitors who lurked behind sport's great fairy-tale, but we don't need to generate this sort of nonsense ourselves.

• Like 2

I agree Shaky was out of his depth as a manager but the players didn't help with some of their performances. Yes, you can probably live with one or two having an off day but for 5, 6 or 7 that's a different kettle of fish. We often hear about player power and managers losing the dressing room but the players should remember none of them is bigger than the Club. They are merely employees plying their trade and some not very well at all.

38 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

Ranieri was a legend for what he did, and I suspect NP wouldn't have been so good at generating the 'goodwill factor' as he was, and probably wouldn't have set that crucial 79 point target at Xmas either, but it was pretty much a team and backroom team that Pearson assembled, so that counts for something. I'm not sure why you're so keen to give so much credit to Ranieri in your posts, but largely overlook the lengthy team-building project which preceded it and the excellence of the playing staff.

Secondly, you're blaming the players for Ranieri's sacking (without proportionately crediting them for his success), but he played a part in getting fired too, be it via poor signings or playing systems without preparing them beforehand. Many of the accusations in the media were inaccurate, such as the meeting which never took place. And, of course, the Ranieri-Shakespeare switch turned out to be the right decision.

As for Shakespeare, he had the support of the dressing room. He struggled to establish himself as a manager, had a tricky run of fixtures, was let down by the Silva saga and lost his job in the context of those events, rather than in the context of player revolt. On top of that, the stories about behind-the-scenes unrest under Puel have focused on new players and not the old guard, so if the players are trying to get Puel the sack then they're not the same players who may or may not have done it previously.

Above all, it wasn't just Ranieri who won the league. The players won it too and I think they deserve a bit more respect than being repeatedly accused of betraying managers when there's plenty of evidence to the contrary. The media will try to sell newspapers with stories of the back-stabbing traitors who lurked behind sport's great fairy-tale, but we don't need to generate this sort of nonsense ourselves.

"Where's the evidence to the contrary"  -  the results, need I say more? Many who were here in 2016 are just a shadow of their former selves. Schmeichel, for instance, never injured for 3 games and now goes hiding when the going gets tough. Probably saving himself for the World Cup!! Simpson, Huth, Morgan, Fuchs, Okazaki, Mahrez the list is endless. All living on past glories knowing no-one expects a repetition and so have given up.

58 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

"Where's the evidence to the contrary"  -  the results, need I say more? Many who were here in 2016 are just a shadow of their former selves. Schmeichel, for instance, never injured for 3 games and now goes hiding when the going gets tough. Probably saving himself for the World Cup!! Simpson, Huth, Morgan, Fuchs, Okazaki, Mahrez the list is endless. All living on past glories knowing no-one expects a repetition and so have given up.

He was injured for months of the great Escape season, and was out for a while last season with a broken hand sustained against Copenhagen.

3 hours ago, David Hankey said:

So how come when ranieri won manager of the year, the players were almost blanking him. I got the impression that they thought pearson should have been standing there. Ranieri got lucky in that Pearson’s son got caught being rimmed.

I agree Shaky was out of his depth as a manager but the players didn't help with some of their performances. Yes, you can probably live with one or two having an off day but for 5, 6 or 7 that's a different kettle of fish. We often hear about player power and managers losing the dressing room but the players should remember none of them is bigger than the Club. They are merely employees plying their trade and some not very well at all.

They should never have given him the managers job. He must have been one of the best footballing coaches in the country and the club should have kept him as head coach and paid him a lot of money to stay in that position.

6 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Nothing baffles me more on FoxesTalk than some peoples hatred of Pearson. Genuinely don’t understand it whatsoever. Everything that’s happened over the past 7 or however many years is because of this man

There’s a difference between hatred and not wanting him back as manager. Just because some don’t want him to return again, that doesn’t mean they ‘hate’ him.

I don’t think there’s many on FT who hate him at all. Some think he’s tactically not great, poor with the media, or gets too much credit for the title win - but that’s not hatred...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

There’s a difference between hatred and not wanting him back as manager. Just because some don’t want him to return again, that doesn’t mean they ‘hate’ him.

I don’t think there’s many on FT who hate him at all. Some think he’s tactically not great, poor with the media, or gets too much credit for the title win - but that’s not hatred...

I’ve seen plenty of it mate. It’s fine not wanting him back, it could be a mistake. I like how he handles the media to be honest, stands for no bullshit

7 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Hatred might be the wrong word, disrespect and lack of acknowledgement for what he did here is probably more appropriate 

• Like 1

Not being funny but I'm absolutly certain we won the league off NP tatics anyway. The season we won the league claudio ranieri sat back and let Shakespeare take training set up tatics and deal with the nutrition amd diets for the players and if you actually think about it our playing style was exactly the same from the great escape. 

Still beleave CR just took the credit for it.

NP eventually got this team of average players into winners not just winners but hungry crazed players that fought for every second from kick off.

Do think we should reappoint him? no I don't.

But would be happy if he was given the job again atleast he would steady the ship for a few years

2 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Pearson is an absolute legend. He took us from our lowest point in history to building the squad that one the premier league. He’s my all time favourite manager and I have no idea how anyone could say anything bad about him.

Apart from that fan who got told to "**** off and die". Would really want Pearson coming back without his right hand man Shakey as number two? The pair are double act, when Pearson went to Derby without shakespeare he struggled. 

• Haha 1