Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Nigel Pearson working for KP again

24 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Is he really the right person? He comes back, has a half decent season, things go downhill the season after and he turns back into a ****ing fruitloop. Gets sacked and back to square one we are.

We really have been there, done that.

Not that I'm advocating his return, but that never happened under him. We never finished a season lower than the one before under him. There was always progress.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Donut said:

This thread is mostly a few well known posters having a circle jerk.

Hes the past not the future, even in the absolute shit times like now, we are still achieving more in terms of league position and cup runs, hes already left the club twice, his long time assistant has already been sacked by the club, his last proper job lasted about 2 months, his genius scout is busy blowing Evertons money

The thread is just an opportunity to post pictures of achievements that have since been bettered anyway and wank over past comments he made.

nigelozzy.jpg

• Like 1

I am not necessarily for bringing him back but I do genuinely struggle to see how some people are so certain that he would be a bad choice?  In terms of hard facts and statistics, which parts of his previous stints with us were a failure?  He took us from our lowest ebb to one of our highest and the players all seemed to love him.  Even the great escape season we looked good but couldn't win and he did genuinely seem to learn and no one can say in the end that it didn't come good.  As I say, I am not saying I definitely want him back but those with negative things to say seem to be really forcing the facts?.  X

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Donut said:

This thread is mostly a few well known posters having a circle jerk.

Hes the past not the future, even in the absolute shit times like now, we are still achieving more in terms of league position and cup runs, hes already left the club twice, his long time assistant has already been sacked by the club, his last proper job lasted about 2 months, his genius scout is busy blowing Evertons money

The thread is just an opportunity to post pictures of achievements that have since been bettered anyway and wank over past comments he made.

Yes ,I  couldn't agree more. He's a has been, who was an average manager, and will never be part of this club again, thankfully.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As many of us have said, I'd love to have him back in some capacity, maybe DoF. I'd love to have him building the club, especially a structure that builds on what he started (sports science, scouting, sports psychology etc.). Then have a great coach, training and picking the team. Who that is, I am not sure.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I agree with this.

People writing Pearson off at this level are being ridiculous in my opinion.

He's had one shot at this league ever and we came 14th. Yes he made errors, but how we ended that season under him was something only a team with a special character instilled into them could achieve - and that was something he was fantastic at doing. His judge of character was superb. Even his bad signings, you can't say were bad characters.

This was our first year up. The first year is about survival. You build from there.

Upon achieving survival, Fuchs, Okazaki and Huth were signed before July, with Kante heavily rumoured to be joining the club. These are clear upgrades on what he had at his disposal.

Sean Dyche took Burnley down in his first season at this level. OK, he didn't quite have our resources, but Dyche is of a similar mould. He builds his sides to fit into a well drilled unit and has a clear emphasis on players with the right character.

But Pearson always had us a step ahead of Burnley.

Burnley were worthy challengers and I respected them, but we always got the better of them in the end.

Sean Dyche is now taking Burnley to Europe.

And you lot are trying to tell me that Pearson couldn't have had us above them?

Reading this and trying to step back even further and look with this perspective makes me wonder if he could potentially come back, would it be worth the risk in your opinion? or should we go for someone else? Benitez loves a cheque book lets be honest (he spent about 60m in the championship and a further 40m this season) he has a range of players with bad attitudes, but he has them playing well. 

I think Pearson is definitely at the same level as Dyche and the league has been a funny one for a few seasons now where just about anything can happen. 

9 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

As many of us have said, I'd love to have him back in some capacity, maybe DoF. I'd love to have him building the club, especially a structure that builds on what he started (sports science, scouting, sports psychology etc.). Then have a great coach, training and picking the team. Who that is, I am not sure.

If he would be willing to take the DOF role it sounds pretty much perfect for him given those roles invovled. Although there are many other jobs within that role that we wont know about and whether they would suit him would be another debate.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

Yes ,I  couldn't agree more. He's a has been, who was an average manager, and will never be part of this club again, thankfully.

Did a slightly above average job with us though, didn't he? A key factor in the most successful period in our history, including dragging us from our lowest ever position to the Premier League and keeping us there whilst vastly improving the club on multiple levels. As far as I'm concerned, that means he'll always be a part of this club, which I acknowledge must be a real shame for ingrates such as yourself

• Thanks 4

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

If he would be willing to take the DOF role it sounds pretty much perfect for him given those roles invovled. Although there are many other jobs within that role that we wont know about and whether they would suit him would be another debate.

I think he built a team around him to complement his abilities and fill in gaps. He can do that as DoF too. Like hire someone to work the fax machine properly... :)

3 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

I'd love Pearson as director of football. I'm not sure he wants to be that far removed from the players though.

2 hours ago, Foxxed said:

I'd love Pearson as director of football. I'm not sure he wants to be that far removed from the players though.

NP probably would want to be closer to the players etc. but I disagree on the owner/NP issue. I think it isn't one anymore. Or he wouldn't be their manager for OHL.

Successful in the division below against worse teams. Yep.

Never mind the fact we won the league, lets go back to the time we were in the league below 5 years ago. Yaaaaaaaaaaay.

Sorry i forgot the golden rule. Pearson won the league, and even if we went down with Pearson in charge next season, it wouldnt be his fault.

Oh its Puel's fault now of course. It was Ranieri's fault Pearsons team went wrong. But if Pearson takes us down, its clearly not his fault.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I've got a lot of time for Pearson.

Did loads of good things for us, but was also limited.

He's not what we need right now IMHO.

What’s the non-attributable goss amongst the journos on how this plays out? 

Pearson was the right man at the right time (twice). He had an outstanding coach by his side with a scout who knew his sniz. They are at pastures new, and not doing too well. The only way Pearson will work again is of the three come back together. Otherwise no. Love the guy, be always great full for what he did for us (twice) but we need to move on. For me, he's in the same bracket as MoN, he is always links with our job with the links he has with our club. But, for us right now it's time to move on and look in another direction. 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1

Would be the best news since 2016!! Nige would build us again, right from the infrastructure of the club, through to the very best and modern coaching/ player development standards. He would enthuse the players and get rid of the bad eggs. 

He is the perfect fit. Firm but fair and has the cahonas to say it how it is. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

Idk I think there's a bit of revisionism going on. People remember we were never out of games but it doesn't mean we weren't bad Were we this bad? Probably not quite but we were pretty terrible. Maybe comparing the squads it's fair to say this is worse at the moment.

But we were terrible from my mind

Palace away

Newcastle away

Swansea away

Southampton home

Sunderland home (thankfully both teams were awful)

Villa away in League and Cup

Stoke home

Hull home

I agree they were all rubbish performances (assume you mean Southampton away). But I can forgive them a bit more considering the squad we had back then and the wages we were paying out to those players in comparison to what we're paying now. Expectation now is higher than it was back then and yet I think this side is actually a poorer unit.