Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Bournemouth Post Match 0-0

1 hour ago, splinterdream said:

Albrighton struggled today, I'm not sure he can beat a man anymore

He never has and his career was finished at this level until he ended up on the left, helps that we allow him to cut inside and cross from anywhere 

We have decent strikers but they are wasted by the current system of playing.  Even Vardy has few opportunities due to the awful midfield.  Players are bought who don't fit the system and are left out with their confidence and match sharpness declining week on week.  

I am so fed up of watching City defend endlessly in the hope of getting a breakaway goal.  The time for this has gone.  Get in midfield players who are creative and can pass the ball and are comfortable in possession.  Aim at us having half the possession against mid table sides.  That way there will be less pressure on our defence and our strikers might actually have more opportunities to score from.  The system has to change and some of the squad.  Also I fear the manager.  

8 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Two away games in a row we've gone to mediocre sides and looked like a League One side in the FA Cup Third round or something. It's embarrassing how basic our play is - what do they work on in training?

I didn't see today and my stream for huddersfield  was pretty well a write off. Therefore it's tough for me to make constructive comments but I am intrigued as to why it always seems that the opposition has more players on the pitch than we do. 

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I didn't see today and my stream for huddersfield  was pretty well a write off. Therefore it's tough for me to make constructive comments but I am intrigued as to why it always seems that the opposition has more players on the pitch than we do. 

That's exactly it. They looked as if they had 15 players on the pitch. They were quick and slick and their passing was so assured. Everything that we're not good at.

42 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

That was embarrassing today. The only ones who came out with any credit were Morgan, NDiddi, Maguire and Vardy for chasing lost causes.

Shakesphere is being found out and quickly. Not good enough,

Would love to know what you saw N'Didi do that would class him above the rest?

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I mentioned that post Liverpool as well (both games). It always looks like the opposition have nore players on the pitch than us. 

dire performance look like they need a good kick up there arses not closing down strolling over the pitch when they do have the ball they cant give it away quick enough,the manager doesnot instill any confidence in them judging the performance over the 94 minutes 

5 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

That was embarrassing today. The only ones who came out with any credit were Morgan, NDiddi, Maguire and Vardy for chasing lost causes.

Shakesphere is being found out and quickly. Not good enough,

Bizarre statement. Ndidi was poor, Maguire questionable and whilst vardy had no service, he wasn't great. Difficult though in fairness to get positives

19 minutes ago, dorsetboy said:

words fail me 

i see the team and then i see the bench 

slim 30m

mahrez 40m ?

musa 16m 

ibborra 12m 

nachoman 25m 

thats 123m pound of players sitting on the bench and we are playing ****ing andy king and okazaki ffs 

every game we are being overrun in midfield and shinji is having to drop back leaving vardy on his own and they just man mark him and were out the game and also simpson and fuchs/chilwell  have been leaving us woefully exposed down the wings . 

we need to be better in the middle and have more options up top , i hate to say it but me must go 3-5-2 

------------------------------------------kasper-------------------------------------

-------------dragovic----------------morgan-----------------------maguire---

albrighton--------------------------------------------------------------chilwell---

-----------------------ndidi------------------------iborra---------------------------

---------------------------------mahrez/king----------------------------------------

---------------------nachoman-------------------vardy-----------------------------

Looks a bit heavy on the right side of the pitch, we'd get hammered playing Maguire so out of position

1 minute ago, foxhateram said:

Would love to know what you saw N'Didi that would class him above the rest?

He was in the middle on his own and yet he managed to win most of his tackles. he broke up so many things on the edge of the box, He was the difference between conceding a hatful. Also he was the only one who was trying to pass the Ball when in possession. He wasn't perfect but at least he tried which is more than can be said for King.

We have definitely been worked out tactically, it's so obvious and ready to play against us, it's not necessarily the 442 system that's killing us but the way we're applying it.

Watching our good players get the ball passed around them time after time points the the manger giving them a poor game plan. 

We need help and fast!

4 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Bizarre statement. Ndidi was poor, Maguire questionable and whilst vardy had no service, he wasn't great. Difficult though in fairness to get positives

That performance wouldn't have won a league one match today. Shakey can't blame the players when he picks the team and sends them out with the same silly tactics.

What kept us in the game was luck and a strong performance from Morgan particularly.

3 hours ago, sm1 said:

If last week was bad this was terrible. I wanted the club to give Shakey a chance but tactically he's terrible. If we dont improve by the end of October, sadly a change needs to be made. We need to look at Tuchel or Ancelotti (probably won't come but worth a try).

Tuchel is bound for Bayern it seems. Ancelotti, as you say worth a try but it's unlikely he'll choose a bottom table PL team over $afety $omewhere in China

Archived