Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Bournemouth Post Match 0-0

2 hours ago, hejammy said:

Some people forget when Ranieri changed formation and the players hated it and "rebelled". A lot of these players are still here and Shakey probably knows that if he changes formation again they may throw their toys out the pram, so he's kinds stuck between a rock and a hard place. Nevertheless managers need to make decisions for the greater good and 442 simply isn't working anymore. It's like every game we have no midfield. To continue to play it will be professional suicide for shakey, however him changing it may just lose him some "friends" we add that to the fact that we may struggle to include mahrez or gray in a new system. My view is that we play ndidi, Iborra and mahrez just in front of them with nacho/oki and vardy upfront, 5-2-1-2. Whatever he chooses, he has to make changes. Simple. 

Ranieri tried about 6 formations ins 6 games, it's not a shock people rebelled as he didn't have a clue how to stop the rot either. 

It's pretty clear players have too much power, they rule the roost. Not happy, no effort. Ego's get bruised with criticism, suddenly firing on all cylinders again. Chuck into that a calamitous recruitment team, Rudkin and a newbie manager clearly lacking in technical experience at the highest level and we're here again. 

I fear this is going to take more than a new manager to sort, it's years worth of restructuring and shifting of players. 

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Ranieri tried about 6 formations ins 6 games, it's not a shock people rebelled as he didn't have a clue how to stop the rot either. 

It's pretty clear players have too much power, they rule the roost. Not happy, no effort. Ego's get bruised with criticism, suddenly firing on all cylinders again. Chuck into that a calamitous recruitment team, Rudkin and a newbie manager clearly lacking in technical experience at the highest level and we're here again. 

I fear this is going to take more than a new manager to sort, it's years worth of restructuring and shifting of players. 

I agree 100%

22 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Yes, Shakespeare  has not helped himself in this respect since he took over.

Time and time again he has refused to drop Mahrez, in the face of overwhelming evidence that was the correct call.

Last season that would have set the tone that he was the boss and things were going to be run differently. It was going to be a meritocracy.

That ship has sailed, so not only is he a soft touch, he's also proven to be tactically clueless.

Its a mess, as you say from top to bottom.

Watched most of it on a reasonable stream plus the scrap on MOTD today and it appears the team at the end was the team we needed to have started with if we wanted to get a win.

King is just not all round good or strong enough in the two.Mahrez has to play.Albrighton just looks up and crosses in the general direction of Vardy usually on his own and it has to be said not seeming to get himself  in front of defenders any more.The ball will not morph through a player.Gray from the start is not contributing a deal he is a great impact sub..Im thinking Okasaki and Allbrighton has be the losers in this and we need a midfield three(injury permitting) three up top /wide.We have done really well from Mahrez sitting very wide and picking up early balls -Nacho and Vardy can put a bit more movement in to stretch the other side.With a three in the middle we do not have to  worry about cover for Simpson.

I am available Top

Just now, NotTheMarketLeader said:

MOTD, came up with the statistical analysis table showing shots faced.

We were 2nd only to Palace! 

That will be amended when we can sort out the defensive midfield problem.

Hoping this Silva guy is good in midfield as he has been elsewhere.

1 minute ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

MOTD, came up with the statistical analysis table showing shots faced.

We were 2nd only to Palace! 

Given the four strong teams we have faced that's not too much of a shock - however, bournemouth, Huddersfield and Brighton !!!!!

spurs showed how good Huddersfield are - we were impotent there 

Give him 10 games if we're not improving our playing style and results then get rid and get a safe pair of hands in to rescue our season.

Remember he doesn't need bedding in, he already knows the players, he's had a full pre season to get his ideas and philosophy through to the players and he even had the back end of last season, if he doesn't have any idea on how to move the team forward then get rid now.

PS. I actually really want him to succeed but there's no room for sentiment here we need to do what's best for the future of Leicester City football club even if that means upsetting a few of the old guard.

2 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

That will be amended when we can sort out the defensive midfield problem.

Hoping this Silva guy is good in midfield as he has been elsewhere.

If we get permission to play him during the break, he probably won't be ready for the first team until game 10. Then we will have Spurs and Man City looming on the near horizon !!

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Given the four strong teams we have faced that's not too much of a shock - however, bournemouth, Huddersfield and Brighton !!!!!

spurs showed how good Huddersfield are - we were impotent there 

Yes outplayed by Huddersfield and Bournemouth.

Its a miracle we are not sat on 3pts with our two draws against the 'lesser teams' most undeserved.

3 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

And yet they were playing the same formation as us - a formation that we all want to change. I'm absolutely convinced that if we went 352 we would see similar performances. It would end up being a 532 as Shakey would set us to sit deep. And in this set up one of Gray or Mahrez would have to play centrally as the 3rd midfielder so in effect we'd again be left with only 2 midfielders like now.

Seeing Bournemouth play 4411so well  yesterday, with players who are hardly world beaters, must mean 1 of two things. Either our players are just less good technically than theirs, or we are simply less well coached and set up too defensively. I think it is the latter, though the situation with the midfield is clearly not helping.

What was truly astonishing yesterday was that whenever our players received the ball they were immediately pressured by 2 or 3 Bournemouth players wherever they were on the pitch. By contrast, their players always seemed to find space when they had the ball and had so much time to pick passes.  For example, Pugh, without doing anything particularly tricky, was repeatedly allowed to virtually walk unchallenged almost into our six yard box. We just don't look well organised and drilled. 

that's a big part of it. They had players who were willing to keep possession and beat a man if they had too. We, on the other hand, find the ball too hot to handle. Maguire and Mahrez are the only ones who will beat a man. All the good sides are working in groups, be it attacking or defending. We sit too deep which causes more problems than it solves. We need to get players who will battle in the midfield. Too much is being asked of NDiddi. We need to get someone in there with him who will battle for the Ball. I think that man is Maguire when Huth is fit. Maguire is imposing and not afraid to use his bulk to his advantage. Plus when it's feasible he can use his skill on the Ball to retain possession and start attacks. I think, Iborra, Ndiddi and Maguire would make a good midfield. The back four have proved that they're quite capable of looking after themselves.

If we don't start making us more solid other teams won't be as unfortunate as Bournemouth in front of Goal.

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

Spot on this. We need a new experienced manager to come in who can bring in his own recruitment team and backroom staff. Then we need to get this season out the way and shift a lot of the dead wood next summer (if we can get anyone to take them) and start a fresh. We need to give a new manager time to change things and i know this sounds daft as we havent given shakey much time but i just don't see us improving and pushing on with him in charge. If we keep him for much longer and carry on playing like we have been, it could be too late and we could end up being relegated. Change needs to happen now! 

We neeed to gut the back room staff, starting by bringing in a manager who won’t take any shit...... not saying I want him back but sometimes Pearson’s battle axe approach prevented any of this player power.... he wouldn’t be ****ing about with the same shit if they weren’t pulling their weight. We need someone with a similar mentality. Otherwise we will sleepwalk into the championship, fact. 

26 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

We neeed to gut the back room staff, starting by bringing in a manager who won’t take any shit...... not saying I want him back but sometimes Pearson’s battle axe approach prevented any of this player power.... he wouldn’t be ****ing about with the same shit if they weren’t pulling their weight. We need someone with a similar mentality. Otherwise we will sleepwalk into the championship, fact. 

I don't want Pearson back either and I agree with what we need as a manager for this group now.

- Strong character who won't take any shit

Don't think Shakey is doing a bad job, but he isn't doing a particularly good one either.  Our problem is that we have no alternative style of play. If teams shut up shop against us and don't allow us to play in our direct, fast counter attacking style, we're basically not going to get anything out of the game. Every team now has our number and knows how to play against us. Shakey needs to focus on finding another way to beat teams when we can't play to our strengths. The most obvious way for me would to start working on set pieces which we don't score from enough. Think calling for Shakey's head and a clear out of squad is a very premature though. I wish we would give Slimani a good run of games though, he might look lazy on the pitch but he scores goals and has never really had a proper chance.

I'm calling it now, these next two seasons are our "sequel" years...

Shakey will get dropped back to Assistant come January, the one who shall not be named shall return = The Great Escape II

Next season the one who shall not be named has something to prove for that time he was replaced by Don Ranieri :ph34r: = ...champions II?

In all seriousness pretty bad performance but Shakey's still got some time, we seem to take AGES to get newly signed players into our team - i'm reckoning that's due to our conditioning being that bit higher than most on average - so that's not helped us - we're still waiting to see any of the new signings are any good lol

On ‎30‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 18:38, foxhateram said:

Bournemouth are certainly not going down. We cancelled eachother out somewhat. Some awful parts of the game for both teams but also some signs of it clicking in rare glimpses. 

Some of the comments in here suggest I watched a different game to others. But then again maybe I'm just looking for positives where others are no longer in the mood for that. 

if you are happy to have had one shot on target in 94minutes of football against Bournemouth then you carry on.

I’ve been meaning to say this for a bit... but injury or no injury I wouldn’t underestimate the influence that Vardy losing a yard of pace is having.

He’s one more drop in pace level away from losing his only asset, got the look of a man who knows it as well.

In my view now we are the worst team in the league bar Palace. Our performances against both 'Uddersfield and Bournemouth have been ...well dog gone awful. How we escaped with a draw in both is something else. Against the bigger 4 teams that we lost to we were OK, without ever really threatening to win or even draw to be honest. We are regressing while other teams we would believe to be in our bracket (Burnley, Watford, Newcastle, West Brom etc) have progressed. 

2 week break now and a real important couple of games coming up, No excuses now, I want a performance and I want some ball playing not a hit and hope that Vardy will latch on to it if he's fit and do something. 

56 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I’ve been meaning to say this for a bit... but injury or no injury I wouldn’t underestimate the influence that Vardy losing a yard of pace is having.

He’s one more drop in pace level away from losing his only asset, got the look of a man who knows it as well.

Could be his hip injury is worse than we realise? 

Archived