Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Bournemouth Post Match 0-0

lol  Shakespeare pleased with a point, seeing though he probably set up for a point he would be.

Think it should be relived we got a point we didn't deserve, as a better side would have had the game over by half time.

I really do worry about his ambition to go win a game.

5 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Yes it was always gonna be down hill but is it too much to expect those players along with the money spent to do a little better?

Top 10 should still be possible if not more afterall this side turned over sevilla no mugs and lost narrowly to possibly the 4th best side in Europe in recent years.

So I'd suggest that lies with the management, tactics and general mismanagement unless we accept they all decided 1 title was enough and to **** off the rest of their careers for the money. Sad if true.

Don't think it's harsh to expect a little more. No offence to Bournemouth but really we should be better 9 times out of 10 yet we have not beaten them in what's that now 5 attempts.

5 hours ago, st albans fox said:

.?

5 hours ago, st albans fox said:

.?

6 hours ago, peterborofox said:

Why do we start games so shite. 

Let so many goals in early and so many chances (hitting bar early on today) 

We never seem to get going and then have a go sort of in the second half.

Today was the worst performance of the season I thought. Work rate wasn't even there today. King shouldn't be starting games and only Albrighton and possibly Simpson looked bothered first half. Actually Morgan did have a good game too I thought. 

What is a reoccurring theme is that we don't have shots. How many saves Co keepers make from us?? Think we had one shot saved today that was Grays long ranger 

Can see us only picking up a point in the next few games. 

I listened to Radio Leicester and whilst they agreed  Leicester were very poor said Fuchs was excellent  and I would suggest Elliot  a much better judge than people on here so wondered why people have mentioned others as being the only decent players. If we couldnt beat Bournemoth  when  champions why should we beat them now . I would suggest true fans put points before performance . The  worst 3 games we have played have produced  5 points

How much time do we give him? How much time can we afford to give him really? Burying our heads In the sand and thinking things will change isn't going to achieve anything. Shakespeare barely has a plan A and that was found out weeks ago. Happy for him to stay as assistant but he cannot remain the manager. Enough is enough.

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Absolutely disgraceful performance again. Lost so much faith in the bloke.

8 hours ago, DMU Fox said:

We would always go backwards, natural given how much we were punching to win the thing. That's not the point though, we've gone backwards to such an extent that we would probably struggle against the top 6 Championship teams. Now given the resources and players at our disposal, it's not unreasonable to expect us to go to teams like Bournemouth and Huddersfield and at least try to be positive and win the game through playing half decent football. 

We beat Sheffield United........

18 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

This thread reminds me of when we lost to Peterborough.....we just got a point,a clean sheet ,away...in the Premiership......

There's absolutely no way you watched the game. No-one who watched that game could possibly try and defend it. We got a point on pure technicality, the referee and Bournemouth both massively letting us off.

3-0 Bournemouth would've been fair.

Unfortunately, we might have to get to the point of another damage control season, where the owners feel they have to back Shakey until Christmas, which puts us well and truly in a relegation scrap, and then it will be a case of taking a gamble on a new manager to try keep us up and yet again, us having to be content with another season of progress wasted. 

I still think sacking him NOW, would be too early but he has to change things immediately. He must switch formations for the next match and address the problems that are clear for all to see. Get an extra man in midfield for god sake! Get the ball down and pass it and build attacks rather than the pointless hoofs. Play some damn football! 

I want us to beat WBA and Swansea but I have a feeling just 1 win will keep his job safe for now. 2 losses... and the owners will surely be sounding out potentials! 

9 hours ago, Wdywd said:

It really is.

No it's not, do they do it sometimes, yes. Are they liable to go to sleep or have periods of not being arsed or just going sleep, yes. Hence whey Albrighton always has higher tackle, interception, clearance stats.

Thats not hating it's just stating facts.

Is this really just about Shakey alone??     As someone else pointed out in this thread, there are other things that need changing. 

The Drinkwater/Mendy/Silva deadline day games of dominoes was a shambolic example of the recruitment talent at our Club.  Add to this, the fact that Iborra and Nacho are now evidently not considered to be starters (despite being fit) plus the signing of a 30YO + goalkeeper (who cannot get on the bench) and you have a list of questions that need to be thoroughly investigated and  answered.   There is a correlation here, yet Shakey is taking all the bullets. I am bored with reading these new players do not 'fit our style'. If not, why the fuch were they signed???   BTW our style does not work anymore.

The money that has been spent and wasted since we won the title is criminal.  It is truly amazing the way this Club is being run above Shakey's head and I do not include the Owners here.  They have backed this Club with millions.    But their trust in certain individuals is misplaced.

So I suggest the next change has to be root and branch.

3 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Andy King would be fine in the championship  if there were two other CM's in there with him.

Same goes for all of our current CM options.  None of them are suited to a 2.

Corrected for you!

11 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

That's exactly it. They looked as if they had 15 players on the pitch. They were quick and slick and their passing was so assured. Everything that we're not good at.

And yet they were playing the same formation as us - a formation that we all want to change. I'm absolutely convinced that if we went 352 we would see similar performances. It would end up being a 532 as Shakey would set us to sit deep. And in this set up one of Gray or Mahrez would have to play centrally as the 3rd midfielder so in effect we'd again be left with only 2 midfielders like now.

Seeing Bournemouth play 4411so well  yesterday, with players who are hardly world beaters, must mean 1 of two things. Either our players are just less good technically than theirs, or we are simply less well coached and set up too defensively. I think it is the latter, though the situation with the midfield is clearly not helping.

What was truly astonishing yesterday was that whenever our players received the ball they were immediately pressured by 2 or 3 Bournemouth players wherever they were on the pitch. By contrast, their players always seemed to find space when they had the ball and had so much time to pick passes.  For example, Pugh, without doing anything particularly tricky, was repeatedly allowed to virtually walk unchallenged almost into our six yard box. We just don't look well organised and drilled. 

Shakey is out of his depth. He got an initial boost from the players post Ranieri sacking and kept us up which was commendable, but since then we have played with less intensity and are struggling big time. He's in my eyes still an assistant manager/ first team coach.

We need an experienced manager at the helm; the premier league is an unforgiving league, we knew the fixtures pre season, so that's not an excuse, we have been reluctant to go at teams and thus has been costly.

I think Shakey will just about keep us up but I doubt the owners put him in place to do that, the football is certainly that of relegation battlers and not of a team that dreams of getting a European spot or winning a cup.

Some people forget when Ranieri changed formation and the players hated it and "rebelled". A lot of these players are still here and Shakey probably knows that if he changes formation again they may throw their toys out the pram, so he's kinds stuck between a rock and a hard place. Nevertheless managers need to make decisions for the greater good and 442 simply isn't working anymore. It's like every game we have no midfield. To continue to play it will be professional suicide for shakey, however him changing it may just lose him some "friends" we add that to the fact that we may struggle to include mahrez or gray in a new system. My view is that we play ndidi, Iborra and mahrez just in front of them with nacho/oki and vardy upfront, 5-2-1-2. Whatever he chooses, he has to make changes. Simple. 

58 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Andy King would be fine if there were two other CM's in there with him.

Same goes for all of our current CM options.  None of them are suited to a 2.

You mean if some lone did his job?because he certainally can not.

We all know he needs to change the system.

Personally, I want him to play a 4231 with four attacking players and two sitting back but his approach would see that fall back to another 442 as we would sit too deep as per usual.

We could go 352 as well but this would see his system revert to a 532 as we'd sit too deep with that as well.

Perhaps the problem is not the system, but the way in which it is deployed.  We're just not at the races and are not grinding teams down at all.  A rocket, or several, are needed to sort this lot out.  It's completely flat.

6 hours ago, Reg Vardy said:

This thread reminds me of when we lost to Peterborough.....we just got a point,a clean sheet ,away...in the Premiership......

I'm fed up of shite like this. It's in the past. The club has to move forward, but we're not. Carry on and we will be playing Posh again soon.

You know I remember us losing at Tranmere. Does that mean we can never moan again? I mean, after all at least we're not in League One.

Someone better tell Manchester United fans never to moan again because they've won 20 league titles so that's alright.

54 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

And yet they were playing the same formation as us - a formation that we all want to change. I'm absolutely convinced that if we went 352 we would see similar performances. It would end up being a 532 as Shakey would set us to sit deep. And in this set up one of Gray or Mahrez would have to play centrally as the 3rd midfielder so in effect we'd again be left with only 2 midfielders like now.

Seeing Bournemouth play 4411so well  yesterday, with players who are hardly world beaters, must mean 1 of two things. Either our players are just less good technically than theirs, or we are simply less well coached and set up too defensively. I think it is the latter, though the situation with the midfield is clearly not helping.

What was truly astonishing yesterday was that whenever our players received the ball they were immediately pressured by 2 or 3 Bournemouth players wherever they were on the pitch. By contrast, their players always seemed to find space when they had the ball and had so much time to pick passes.  For example, Pugh, without doing anything particularly tricky, was repeatedly allowed to virtually walk unchallenged almost into our six yard box. We just don't look well organised and drilled. 

Or a third option - they have the players to play 4-4-1-1 and we don't. Look at our CMs -  King: had the best season of his career in Svens 4-3-3; Iborra - Played in a three as he captained a side to 3 successive european titles; Ndidi - Getting overrun in a two, exactly as Amartey did last season, James - played well in 4-4-1-1 in  the title winning season tbf. Set aside the Silva debacle, 4 of the 5 CMs at the club are better off in a 4-3-3, as is the one we sent out on loan (Mendy). Absolutely have to change it now.

2 hours ago, hejammy said:

Some people forget when Ranieri changed formation and the players hated it and "rebelled". A lot of these players are still here and Shakey probably knows that if he changes formation again they may throw their toys out the pram, so he's kinds stuck between a rock and a hard place. Nevertheless managers need to make decisions for the greater good and 442 simply isn't working anymore. It's like every game we have no midfield. To continue to play it will be professional suicide for shakey, however him changing it may just lose him some "friends" we add that to the fact that we may struggle to include mahrez or gray in a new system. My view is that we play ndidi, Iborra and mahrez just in front of them with nacho/oki and vardy upfront, 5-2-1-2. Whatever he chooses, he has to make changes. Simple. 

I for one will not accept there was a So called  "rebellion"   discontent Players  maybe...but like always, someone puts up an idea for

Contention and suddenly it becomes a fact....Regurgatated journalism that many rightly seem to hate, gets used to prove individual points.

Archived