Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Bournemouth Post Match 0-0

1 hour ago, suffolk fox said:

if you are happy to have had one shot on target in 94minutes of football against Bournemouth then you carry on.

Where did I say I'm happy. That is also an incorrect statistic but anyway. I said that we had spells of dominance and their were some positives to take. The 'against (insert team)'  tag line annoys me, Bournemouth aren't a terrible team at all, they have a lot of talent and play an attractive style of football. Howe has them well organised and may I remind you that thry finished above us in the league last year.  

I'm not saying I'm happy about our points return, but no game is easy in this league and some people seem to think we a devine right to beat certain teams. 

We need someone with more than one game plan of lump it to Vardy.

its so frustrating to see the team not push on from a once in a lifetime opportunity, it's not like the money wasn't there.

Two seasons of shit investments and a team that can only play one way.

The team gives up so much possession year after year it's no wonder most of the players passing accuracy is 60 percent, they are not comfortable on the ball and thus just resort to easy pass back to defence or Kaspar and for him to lump it straight to the opposition defence.

The warning signs have been there with CS for a while, the Spurs tonking the shit pre season against the likes of Burton who seem to concede 4 every week.

lots of excuses about our opposition but the confindence is draining from these players week by week.

8 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Could be his hip injury is worse than we realise? 

Could be... the issue with JV that everyone including himself knows is that as soon as he looses that pace he may as well call it a day. 

He’s a decent finisher but those finishes come from breaking free of a defence and being one on one... not being stationary, back to goal and scoring from outside the area.

7 minutes ago, foxhateram said:

Where did I say I'm happy. That is also an incorrect statistic but anyway. I said that we had spells of dominance and their were some positives to take. The 'against (insert team)'  tag line annoys me, Bournemouth aren't a terrible team at all, they have a lot of talent and play an attractive style of football. Howe has them well organised and may I remind you that thry finished above us in the league last year.  

I'm not saying I'm happy about our points return, but no game is easy in this league and some people seem to think we a devine right to beat certain teams. 

What positives? We got thoroughly outclassed and should have been beaten comfortably. Knicking a point through sheer luck is not a positive.

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

I’ve been meaning to say this for a bit... but injury or no injury I wouldn’t underestimate the influence that Vardy losing a yard of pace is having.

He’s one more drop in pace level away from losing his only asset, got the look of a man who knows it as well.

He still looked pretty quick to me but the sort of hoofed balls he was expected to chase were a joke.

9 minutes ago, foxhateram said:

I was at the game I can assure you it was not an incorrect statistic.  Their keeper could have sat in a deckchair behind their goal we were that ineffective.

5 minutes ago, foxhateram said:

Just like no one gives Burnley credit for their tough start and points return.

if we were playing Everton away expect a loss all the money they have invested etc etc

other teams play them and win it's because they are crap.

8 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

I was at the game I can assure you it was not an incorrect statistic.  Their keeper could have sat in a deckchair behind their goal we were that ineffective.

You didn't watch carefully enough clearly, as the highlights reals suggests otherwise.

5 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Just like no one gives Burnley credit for their tough start and points return.

if we were playing Everton away expect a loss all the money they have invested etc etc

other teams play them and win it's because they are crap.

Burnley have had four tough games, just like us. Maybe they got lucky at Chelsea but the point is they have had just as difficult a start to the season as we have lost just once. 

the time is over for excuses for our team. 

54 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Could be... the issue with JV that everyone including himself knows is that as soon as he looses that pace he may as well call it a day. 

He’s a decent finisher but those finishes come from breaking free of a defence and being one on one... not being stationary, back to goal and scoring from outside the area.

Yeah he's shit and that's our problem 

2 hours ago, foxhateram said:

We might not have any divine right to beat certain teams but certainly no right to play like yesterday.

Should they have been a bit more clinical and the ref not blind, we'd have lost 3-0. It was a daylight robbery. You must be the only one to have seen any positive in yesterday's performance, which is the worst one of this season by a country mile, and I'd be curious to hear what they were. Because drawing through a fluke, making Bournemouth look like Real Madrid and having only one shot on target in 90 minutes is not something I'd call positive.

There is no easy game in this league and this is precisely why people are starting to ask questions.

Weeks of not ranting has built up.  TLDR Shaky has no clue/the players are doggo.

The style of football and the ability of our players was just embarrassing.  The tactics of lumping it up pitch must have come from Shaky as our captain was one of the main offenders, if Shaky wanted us to play the ball out then he would tell that to Morgan who passes that on to the players.

It seemed like Maguire was told not to make driving runs from the back.  It’s good to finally have a player that can do it, he just doesn’t always make the best final decision but that is down to the coaching staff.

Simpson is useless, he offers nothing going forward.  He can’t bring the ball out looking to overlap, he’ll prat around then just over hit it back to the defence.  His clearances were terrible.  He always backs off and lets the forwards get into the box hoping to block with his body and avoid giving away a penalty, something he seems to be involved with pretty much every game.

Fuchs and Gray were working well towards the end, getting forward and trying to create something.

King is too lightweight in Midfield, Ndidi is being over worked and as a result making mistakes.  We should have a 3 with Iborra, Ndidi and King for now, looking to break up play and start attacks in, well the midfield. Iborra can hang back if Maguire goes on a run and help the back out.  Ndidi and ?? can help break up play and look to drive forward, while Gray/Mahrez/Vardy run at defences

Albrighton is done for now.  He takes about a minute to wind his leg up before he pings it to no one.  We all know he can pass when he uses his eyes.

Mahrez and Gray are our attacking lifelines, they are hampered by having to always be defending as the team sit back and soak up the pressure.  Mahrez shouldn’t be looking to start an attack from a RB position.

Any good grace Shaky had has been used up.  Everyone can see that 442 doesn’t work as we aren’t winning, everyone can see our tactics and style doesn’t work as we aren’t winning.  I'm sick of hearing Shaky's excuses after every games, fine margins, worked hard etc. 

We could see after 5 minutes that lumping it up to Vardy with his back to goal and the rest of the team deep in our own half was not working.  Did Shaky really have faith that Shinji is going to out jump the midfield, control the ball, lay it off and start attacks all with his back to goal?  He is either arrogant, an idiot, scared/stubborn to change formation or just not very good at his job.

I've just watched the half hour highlights of this match on Sky.

I was surprised at the quality of chances they had, on another day it could have been six or seven goals. A point away isn't a bad result for us at a place like Bournemouth but the performance is worrying.

On 9/30/2017 at 11:44, fuchsntf said:

Until he  changes the set up, and formation  of play...I for one wont judge any player.

Since the title, Only Maguire and Ndidi have been given regular 1st team football.

Thats either poor transfer business, or has I believe, poor descision making on team selection,

from both Ranieri and C Shakespeare.proving they are one dimensional, and have no skill in intigrating

new players, or changing tactics to suit 100mil new buys. Silva signing wont change anything because,

our selection and player management have no sense of need or tactical awareness.

Only a few weeks ago I stood by CS, because he needed sometime, but quite honestly hes not tryed or budged

on team set up.Hes either downright slow on pick up and understanding, or tactically blind.

A 2 man midfield we cant hack.  King could do still a job in a 3 midfielder team but never in a 2, trying to use Albrighton

as s midfielder, doesnt cut it.  James/Ndidi/Iberro....or King.  We let Mendy go, our better young midfielders are out on loan.

Rudkin, coaching staff and CS, have made poor poor descisions...They have let down club, owners and fans  with their

Bullshit management and wasted promises.

Why the rant and anger/frustration...because there is no sign of trying a different approach, and keeping stubborn on

team set up...There is a plan A only, its wrong our turgid jnemotionional football proves it...

Ranieri takes a massive blame as well by destroying the successfull  backroom staff set up that NP built up over his years, ruining

a modern successfull set up, that was working brilliantly.

The owners like us all have had the wool pulled over our eyes for 2 seasons, having management in charge who hage had no idea how

to keep us at that high level, or just maintain that ground gained...The club has now failed after one short fantastic success,

The owners have to react...nobody could believe 2 stubborn managers could waste the ground gained, and be so blind.

I def get this and agree with parts of it, but at the same time, we have played teams close with the MF 2. If he switched to a MF 3 and we lost, people would still be shouting for his head for going away from what has worked for us, claiming if we.played elite teams close with the 2, we would've pounded Bournemouth with it.

HIt is really a catch-22, and now that we are headed home, it rears its head again:

"Do I switch to an entirely new formation and accept the confusion that creates, or do I wait and let us play with the MF 2, as we're at home and more comfortable with it and if we play it, we have the best shot at picking up the three points  we so desperately need?" 

It is a tougher question that people seem to think. I am all for a formation change immediately, but if we do it and look.like.bumbling fools, Shakey's gonna be on the hot seat.

Deciding when to go to the MF 3 is the biggest question of Shakey's career. Interesting to see how he handles it.

7 hours ago, Richmondfox said:

Weeks of not ranting has built up.  TLDR Shaky has no clue/the players are doggo.

The style of football and the ability of our players was just embarrassing.  The tactics of lumping it up pitch must have come from Shaky as our captain was one of the main offenders, if Shaky wanted us to play the ball out then he would tell that to Morgan who passes that on to the players.

It seemed like Maguire was told not to make driving runs from the back.  It’s good to finally have a player that can do it, he just doesn’t always make the best final decision but that is down to the coaching staff.

Simpson is useless, he offers nothing going forward.  He can’t bring the ball out looking to overlap, he’ll prat around then just over hit it back to the defence.  His clearances were terrible.  He always backs off and lets the forwards get into the box hoping to block with his body and avoid giving away a penalty, something he seems to be involved with pretty much every game.

Fuchs and Gray were working well towards the end, getting forward and trying to create something.

King is too lightweight in Midfield, Ndidi is being over worked and as a result making mistakes.  We should have a 3 with Iborra, Ndidi and King for now, looking to break up play and start attacks in, well the midfield. Iborra can hang back if Maguire goes on a run and help the back out.  Ndidi and ?? can help break up play and look to drive forward, while Gray/Mahrez/Vardy run at defences

Albrighton is done for now.  He takes about a minute to wind his leg up before he pings it to no one.  We all know he can pass when he uses his eyes.

Mahrez and Gray are our attacking lifelines, they are hampered by having to always be defending as the team sit back and soak up the pressure.  Mahrez shouldn’t be looking to start an attack from a RB position.

Any good grace Shaky had has been used up.  Everyone can see that 442 doesn’t work as we aren’t winning, everyone can see our tactics and style doesn’t work as we aren’t winning.  I'm sick of hearing Shaky's excuses after every games, fine margins, worked hard etc. 

We could see after 5 minutes that lumping it up to Vardy with his back to goal and the rest of the team deep in our own half was not working.  Did Shaky really have faith that Shinji is going to out jump the midfield, control the ball, lay it off and start attacks all with his back to goal?  He is either arrogant, an idiot, scared/stubborn to change formation or just not very good at his job.

>>He always backs off and lets the forwards get into the box hoping to block with his body and avoid giving away a penalty, something he seems to be involved with pretty much every game.

yep- so true.  He almost never man up to take the defender on.. just  jockey around until the attacker is near the box. Poor useless defending

10 hours ago, foxhateram said:

You didn't watch carefully enough clearly, as the highlights reals suggests otherwise.

Love to know what game you watched?  I can assure you without hesitation the only shot I repeat the only shot we had on target was in the last 10 minutes that went straight at their keeper.  To clarify even motd statistics proved this.  If you don't believe me and clearly you don't watch motd again on iplayer.  If you call Shinjis miss and a keeper catching a cross as a attempt on target then we will agree to differ.  We were absolutely woeful and if we continue in the way we are playing at this moment in time we will be relegated this season.  One win in ten attempts in the league suggests this.

14 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

Love to know what game you watched?  I can assure you without hesitation the only shot I repeat the only shot we had on target was in the last 10 minutes that went straight at their keeper.  To clarify even motd statistics proved this.  If you don't believe me and clearly you don't watch motd again on iplayer.  If you call Shinjis miss and a keeper catching a cross as a attempt on target then we will agree to differ.  We were absolutely woeful and if we continue in the way we are playing at this moment in time we will be relegated this season.  One win in ten attempts in the league suggests this.

This is correct. In the first half we had zero, naught, no, ningun shots....on target or not

We literally couldn't muster a shot at goal. 

Vardy must be wondering what on earth he has done really.

How anyone can say we were anything other than woeful, is beyond me.

If the usually deadly Defoe had been on any sort of form on Saturday, we'd have been coming away from Bournemouth on the back of a good hiding.

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

This is correct. In the first half we had zero, naught, no, ningun shots....on target or not

We literally couldn't muster a shot at goal. 

Vardy must be wondering what on earth he has done really.

Vardy wont be the only one I suspect. At least we can understand Mahrez waiting at an airport on deadline day, desperate to join a team where every pass isn't a lofted lob to the other team.

Bournemouth concede for fun yet we didn't test them. What is going on..

6 hours ago, vanity said:

I def get this and agree with parts of it, but at the same time, we have played teams close with the MF 2. If he switched to a MF 3 and we lost, people would still be shouting for his head for going away from what has worked for us, claiming if we.played elite teams close with the 2, we would've pounded Bournemouth with it.

HIt is really a catch-22, and now that we are headed home, it rears its head again:

"Do I switch to an entirely new formation and accept the confusion that creates, or do I wait and let us play with the MF 2, as we're at home and more comfortable with it and if we play it, we have the best shot at picking up the three points  we so desperately need?" 

It is a tougher question that people seem to think. I am all for a formation change immediately, but if we do it and look.like.bumbling fools, Shakey's gonna be on the hot seat.

Deciding when to go to the MF 3 is the biggest question of Shakey's career. Interesting to see how he handles it.

I really can't see where there is a difficult decision to be made.

It's a no brainer for him.

If he persists with the current tactics he will be sacked sooner rather than later.

When Bournemouth dominate you all game and you only have one shot on target all game you must realize that it's bad and something just isn't working!. we were lucky to come away with a draw and the signs for the rest of the season just don't look great at the moment!. I like Shaky he is a decent and honest man but the situation cannot continue as it is for the rest of the season. If i was the owners i would be banging on Carlo Ancelotti's door right now. we have the players but we need someone who can manage them and get the best out of them without them kicking up a fuss if they don't like something!

I thought the first half against Huddersfield was bad , but this was far worse truly dreadful display. Also noticed Mahrez straight down tunnel at final whistle (again)  He only came back as shakey told him to and pointed towards away section . Poor show all round 

Didn't see the game, only managed to watch the stats (with a Spurs fan) and we were both enjoying that City managed to nudge ahead for a while on the fouls conceded stat....

Said Craig will be gone by Xmas and he will be....got shouted down quite a lot........

17 minutes ago, Gazza3 said:

I thought the first half against Huddersfield was bad , but this was far worse truly dreadful display. Also noticed Mahrez straight down tunnel at final whistle (again)  He only came back as shakey told him to and pointed towards away section . Poor show all round 

Yes seen that myself scandalous behaviour . Got to give shakey credit for bringing him back.

3 minutes ago, waylander said:

Yes seen that myself scandalous behaviour . Got to give shakey credit for bringing him back.

Scandalous lol give it a rest.

The thing about Vardy is if he is injured why on earth is he playing when we've got 60m+ worth of other strikers on the bench? Instead of just playing through an injury let the man get fit ffs and play one of the others.

Archived