Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

West Brom Post Match

Can someone explain the King substitution for me? Trying to hold onto a point? 

Second half was bearable, first half dreadful. I've gone from being a little disappointed to a little worried after that.

Too early yet and still think we'll pick up but we really should be winning these type games. 

1 minute ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Not good enough 

Even if we had silva he can't make all the other players make attacking runs or want to drive the ball forward 

Silva won't suddenly take over training to improve our building play 

He might play the ball a bit quicker.

Watching us pass the ball backwards rather than knock it wide to a free player drove me nuts.

Today the players have pissed me off as I saw too few of them taking responsibility or making piss poor decisions.

Just awful, players seem to have absolutely zero confidence at the moment, lost count of how many misplaced passes were made in the last 5-10 minutes. 

So disappointing seeing us regress from an explosive counter attacking side to this ponderous turgid style of play. 

I have no idea why we signed Iheanacho, I assume it's not just to shoehorn him into Okazaki's role because that would be bizarre, he just doesn't have the attributes to play there.

An okay point. The bed-wetters on here are doing what bed-wetters do, but that's what we have. Nacho looked lost was my biggest concern. We look low on confidence but still should have beaten a team that will comfortably be mid-table. The confidence will return. Soon hopefully. 

1 minute ago, Will1981 said:

everybody slates James, King or Iborra but I think the problem is they have to play with Ndidi who has been absolutely doggo all season, he can not pass, shoot or tackle needs a spell on the bench.

N'Didi had a decent game tonight.

Guardian live commentary summary, kind of sums it up.

Well, the first half was dreadful. The second half was a bit better, featuring two good goals, some needle and West Brom parking their not insubstantial bus. One team was trying to play football, but their chief problem was that they weren’t very good at it. Iheanacho was totally anonymous and Okazaki will perhaps feel aggrieved he didn’t feature instead.

Thanks for joining me for this, you terrible, terrible masochists.

He needs to go - that was a poor effort from a home side.

Iheanacho is a striker who does most of his work in the box. He's not the second coming of Okazaki. He does not suit our style of play.

Iborra is painfully slow, and hardly ever passes forward.

Can't understand why he took off Simpson, when he was probably our best defender. What was the point of bringing King on with two minutes left - holding onto a draw?

Overall, I thought Ndidi had a good game and put in a good shift. Vardy showed signs of sharpness. Mahrez started disappointingly, but scored and should have had another. The outlook without him would be bleak indeed.

Schmeichel vulnerable on  free kicks outside the box.

Archived