Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

West Brom Post Match

Typical WBA game that. Didn't think it was as bad as people make out. They scored on their one chance because Schmeichel is a flippin tool on freekicks. We just lack confidence all round. It actually cheered me up a bit, that we managed to show a tiny glimpse of quality, when we scored our goal, because for the rest of the game there was no quality whatsoever. 

It does feel like the club really needs a shake up. 

2 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

Honestly think he should put in a transfer request.  Absolutely remarkable that he hasn't been given a run of 5-10 games by now.

Well to be honest name the last 5 games he played in where he's played well. At least 4 of those 5 are against lower division teams in the cup. Every time he plays in the league he's the biggest burden on the pitch 

I'm total F off with. Manager looking at players we have got he as made it clear he. Can't do job lets  make it clear west brom were shit   Were we put under any trouble by them no absolutely shit by our coach o he's a manager haha your having a laugh

West Brom did exactly what we expected. Sit deep, soak up pressure and break the game up. For some reason, we decide to ponce about in the middle of the pitch, taking far too many touches individually, not bother stretching the game to the wingers to get in behind, push the full-backs higher. We also like to send in high crosses against a team drilled to head the ball clear when our tallest striker is on the bench.

Pulis will be praised for his tactics but we played right into his hands with a laboured, slow, aimless display of possession football and going precisely nowhere. 

3 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Looks like Vardy should have had a pen. And if Mahrez scores that sitter it could be a different conversation. Fine margins...

(not defending the performance btw)

That's the most sensible view I've read. Mahrez should have scored, the freekick was a decent strike but Kasper's positioning was again suspect and we fought back well when we could have sunk without trace. Not a great performance but really should have been 3 points.

1 minute ago, Lestoh1 said:

They let us have the ball pretty much all game. We barely created any chances and the few we did we wasted. Got sucker punched with absolute inevitability and couldnt do enough to turn it around.

So like every West Brom game at home for the last 20 years then!

1 minute ago, AmyLGK said:

The only good thing about today is the father-son-Schmeichel love in on Sky. 

Peter Schmeichel is a fvckin legend. Wish he was my Dad 

1 minute ago, Lestoh1 said:

They let us have the ball pretty much all game. We barely created any chances and the few we did we wasted. Got sucker punched with absolute inevitability and couldnt do enough to turn it around.

Somhiw does that make or a bad point? Even using your own arguments, that's a good point. I only said it was an okay point. Listening to you, it was even better! 

Just now, Jonezy said:

Typical WBA game that. Didn't think it was as bad as people make out. They scored on their one chance because Schmeichel is a flippin disabled on freekicks. We just lack confidence all round. It actually cheered me up a bit, that we managed to show a tiny glimpse of quality, when we scored our goal, because for the rest of the game there was no quality whatsoever. 

It does feel like the club really needs a shake up. 

I agree with most of that.

Shakey could have done so much more. The substitutions were odd (other the. Slimani).  The timing was too late.  Nacho is not ready.

3 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Looks like Vardy should have had a pen. And if Mahrez scores that sitter it could be a different conversation. Fine margins...

(not defending the performance btw)

You are right its fine margins but we are on the wrong end of them in every game granted we have played some top sides

I just feel he doesn't know what his best team or formation is and by now he should have that nailed down he has had all summer, Drinkwater/Silva doesn't help him in any shape of form so that can be blamed at the people higher up (Rudkin/Owners) for not sorting that out and could be having an effect on the results so far... he needs to learn fast or he will be gone, the owners ain't here to play happy familys

Just now, Babylon said:

So like every West Brom game at home for the last 20 years then!

It was obvious before the game it would be a turgid, scrappy affair and end 1-1 with us coming back from a goal down.  That's what we do vs WBA... 

Just now, TrentFox said:

Somhiw does that make or a bad point? Even using your own arguments, that's a good point. I only said it was an okay point. Listening to you, it was even better! 

Its not a good point from the "dont expect much from the top teams but we will be ok in the other games" brigade is it?

Were absolute tosh and we were tonight

1 minute ago, TrentFox said:

It's not an ok point, it's a terrible point.

1 minute ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Peter Schmeichel is a fvckin legend. Wish he was my Dad 

Would be awesome. Wonder if playing in the back garden was either him never letting you score, or putting you in goal and lashing it at you as hard as he can, just to take his frustration of playing keeper all the time professionally out on you! 

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Players decisions making absolutely horrid. What the feck was Kelechi doing for their free kick. 

I think they let everyone down tonight including the manager, utterly brainless at times. I don't think I've said "what the feck are you doing" more before watching a game.

Archived