Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Swansea post match 2-1

24 minutes ago, Matt said:

Sounded good, sounded attacking!

Onwards and upwards!

Everything is all looking slightly more positive, i'm only relying on the radio but we sounded good, positive, and won, up the 13th, fans putting pressure on Rudkin (Which needs to continue).

Oooh and it sounded like Mahrez turned up! Anyone know where he's been? :dunno:

(Yes, I know he scored on Monday, i'm being sarcastic, but seriously when did he last give us a full decent 90 minutes!)

It does now feel like we panicked abit on Shakespeare (I can certainly understand that view from an outsider) but he had to go, we were going no-where under him and it was very frustrating, I just hope we make the right appointment this time.

The fact that Shakey was playing him as a RWB didn't help..

2 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Vardy's performance was interesting. Morgan once said Vardy was one of the most vocal players - in constant banter with Ranieri. He was perhaps vocal towards Ranieri's end of tenure too. And you could see how much more motivated he was under Shakespeare and how unmotivated he was in this match. If he's not only a great striker but also the main influence a manager needs to win over I'd rather have Shinji and Kelechi up front.

Coz Ranieri played Slim upfront rather than Vardy. Ranieri tried to rebuild the game around slim whereas Shakespeare played the game around Vardy

1 minute ago, Redouane said:

Coz Ranieri played Slim upfront rather than Vardy. Ranieri tried to rebuild the game around slim whereas Shakespeare played the game around Vardy

It's a very good point. I just wonder if Vardy has too much influence over management decisions. Players should play and managers manage.

1 minute ago, Foxxed said:

It's a very good point. I just wonder if Vardy has too much influence over management decisions. Players should play and managers manage.

It looked to me like Vardy was trying today but in a different way. He almost reverted to the Vardy that played under Claudio Ranieri - wasn't chasing lost causes and stayed more central whilst selecting his runs.

Seems to me as though Shakey asked Vardy to press and run after everything which is why Vardy looked like he was trying more under Shakey.

I reckon the player has just been doing what has been asked of him. Nothing beats the Shinji & Vardy partnership for me. Vardy made some great runs and would have scored on another day. Clearly wanted the result today and had a good game.

2 minutes ago, foxtillidrop said:

It looked to me like Vardy was trying today but in a different way. He almost reverted to the Vardy that played under Claudio Ranieri - wasn't chasing lost causes and stayed more central whilst selecting his runs.

Seems to me as though Shakey asked Vardy to press and run after everything which is why Vardy looked like he was trying more under Shakey.

I reckon the player has just been doing what has been asked of him. Nothing beats the Shinji & Vardy partnership for me. Vardy made some great runs and would have scored on another day. Clearly wanted the result today and had a good game.

Fair enough. I am equating his chasing everything down to trying harder but if he's been asked to play differently then fair point.

Vardy was a bit more restrained today for sure but slight worry he is not putting it away and not getting in front of a man for crosses.

Slim is superior at that part of the game,.

I like the direct forward passes into feet coming from Iborra =a good quick pass is always better than running with it.

We don't know what happened with our two last coaches

But in fairness to Vardy ( Not my favourite player ) he'll chase and press all game

I expect he has a lot of influence in the changing room but all players have their own minds

Let's be happy for the win

iborra MOTM today, ran the show controlled the game and today proved when we play the ball on the floor and pass it around we are all the better for it.

cut out those hopeless long balls to the strikers (Kasper especially) play some football and we looked in control for most off it.

1 hour ago, Reg Vardy said:

so unbeaten against Brighton, Huddersfield, Bournemouth, West Rom and Swansea....lost to Chelsea, Man United, Arsenal, and Liverpool....exactly as you would expect.....or are our forum members ambitions slightly above reality?

Well since you ask, I would expect a couple more than 9 points from those 9 games.   I don't think that's unrealistic.

I accept that we will lose most games against the big clubs but I would also expect a few draws and the odd cheeky win.  It;s not like the top six win every game.  We lost them all.  We should never shrug our shoulders and say oh well, we can't expect to beat anyone that's any good.

Anyway, good win today.  We needed that.

Good result today with a lot better performance. We actually passed the ball around today with some quality. We still showed glimpses of a lack of quality through giving the ball away but it was a lot better. Judging by today Fuchs has hit his peak now, time for Chilwell to come in. MOTM for me was Iborra, controlled the game.

Looked like a confident side again.... I think sometimes as a fan you undervalue the work of a manager, their instructions and how they set the side up... in my opinion all was lost against Arsenal.... for 60 odd minutes we were brilliant, played just how we like to and then Shakey made a mistake with his changes and ultimately cost us the game... since that day I think he lost confidence and became reserved... very similar to Pearson when he was under the cosh.... today we saw what we can do, and it is pretty damn good, we are pretty damn good... I think just shows that unfortunately Shakey just hadn’t got the experience to do it full time... a real shame it is, but I hope we get it right, because we’re a bloody good team! 

Archived