Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Swansea post match 2-1

2 1 flattered swansea.

Mahrez  in best forn this season

Iborra starting to assert himself so that ndidi is free to be box to box

Claudio stopped starting shinji and got sacked... ditto shakey.  We dont have any other way to play. .. and shinji is key to that.

(This shoild have neen sorted in the summer.... it wont change til yhe squad gets deeper)

9 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

You, sir, do not belong on Foxestalk.

The accepted norm here is to watch a game waiting for a mistake.  That is your starting point.  Then, with this confirmation bias in place, you watch a player and notice only the bad.  The good you ignore or discard as fluke.  Then when the bad happens you magnify and exaggerate it.  You talk about it until other people start to think it's true, start to imagine it's true.  Until they believe that your opinion is fact.  And so next time said player makes a mistake people think "yeah, he did that last match too" and soon enough King is shit, Okazaki does nothing but fall over, Gray has a bad attitude and all Yakubu does is score.

The above methodology is reserved for all players apart from a select few that for some reason you defend even though no one quite knows why, not even you.

You reserve the most spiteful stuff for the young and the foreign.  Or those who's face for some reason annoys you.

You continue along this path until someone says "I thought x player payed quite well".  You then accuse this person of being some sort of "bumder" and tell them "Hey, I'm just a realist" and you make it look like they are going on and on about the positives and that they never see the bad and are randomly, just being too nice unprovoked, forgetting the fact that you actually started it and they are merely responding.

Then you keep slagging off the players until they have a game that even you cannot describe as crap at which point you shut up and focus on either the manager or the owners instead, or you point out that the opponents are shit.  The joy here is that if they are below us you can say "we should have beat them because we are bigger than them" whereas if they are above us you can say "we should aim higher, we can;t just say it's OK to lose just because they are bigger than us.  You are of course entitled here to completely ignore the irony in expecting to beat all "smaller" clubs whilst expecting us to beat all "bigger clubs".

After a good game, because of all of your slagging, someone will post something positive about a player.  This is your time to pounce with the classic "one good game doesn't mean anything you moron, I am a realist here, you can't judge someone after one good game".  Again, you shift the emphasis on to them, as if they are being simpletons when in fact, again, it is you that started it all and they are merely commenting in response to your constant sniping.  You make it look like they are the ones jumping to conclusions after one game when in fact, of course, it was you all along.

Anyway, apologies for the long post but I just wanted to give you a heads up as even though your post above seemed very reasonable I hope you can now see you are just some Pearson bummer who is probably "too young to remember when we were shit" and too positive.

Thanks

Rumble.

X

Oh, isn't that so true.....should be on a new thread it should be "stickied" in the Welcome section.....I'm off to sulk now 'till the next loss or manager selection.

A few things coming out of this game for me:

1. Phew! We needed that. 

2. Fuchs - what's up with him? Seems to be all over the place this season, doesn't look at the races at all. Chilwell has impressed me at LB and gets forward well. I don't see Fuchs as a centre half, he's not impressed me when he's played there. I don't want to sound like an old git, but maybe he should give the branding and social media stuff a rest and concentrate on his game if he wants to stay as our first choice LB. 

3. Formations - nothing wrong with 442 if we play like we did today. Passing and movement was good, players knew what they had to do. Other formations don't work for this squad IMO - 352 requires wingbacks (or at least defensively minded wide midfielders) but Gray and Mahrez don't fit that formation unless they play as a withdrawn striker/free role. That then leaves out the likes of Simpson and Okazaki, probably pissing off two or three of the backup strikers too as Vardy remains the point up top. I think we are better off continuing the 442 with players who suit it. 

4. At the moment, Okazaki is indispensable. We look poor when he is not playing, especially if Slimani, Iheanacho or Ulloa replace him. None have the same style, work ethic or tenacity to fill the role as he does. Those three are therefore backup to Vardy in my mind - Iheanacho probably playing relatively similar (may less of the snapping into tackles), the other two are alternatives to mix it up. I don't think we've found a +1 for Vardy who suits better than Shinji - and he's now getting goals. 

5. Iborra/Ndidi looks like the makings of a good partnership - youth and experience, energy and vision, passing and tackling. Could easily see both weighing in with goals too - probably more than the Drinkwater/Kante combination. 

16 minutes ago, Monk said:

Great result. I just wish we could play Shinji with 2 in front of him. 

I think we could. In a 3412, him behind 2 strikers. Or alongside Vardy with Mahrez in behind, depending g on who we play. 

It's time for Chilwell to get an extended run in the team. Fuchs is not in a good place at the moment. He consistanly fouls and pushes his opponent, he just about always looks long or gives the ball away ( not the only one guilty of that though) each time he got the ball. We need to start playing some of these younger guys, start building around them, Fuchs and a few more should be becoming the bit part players. ?

59 minutes ago, Sooper Steve's shin said:

2. Fuchs - what's up with him? Seems to be all over the place this season, doesn't look at the races at all. Chilwell has impressed me at LB and gets forward well. I don't see Fuchs as a centre half, he's not impressed me when he's played there. I don't want to sound like an old git, but maybe he should give the branding and social media stuff a rest and concentrate on his game if he wants to stay as our first choice LB. 

Yeah, I bet he can't get those hashtags and t-shirt designs out of his head when during a match.

People do realise that footballers are allowed to do things outside of football? It just so happens that Fuch's interest are in the public domain, which means he gets ridiculously labelled for not focussing enough on his football.

2 hours ago, dayday said:

Just out of interest anybody who saw the game was Mahrez given a free role?,

just looking at the highlights ,the first goal he was on the left, the pass to Vardy he was more central and the pass to Okazaki for his goal back on the right.

I spotted it, having watched the game (albeit on a stream) Appleton seemed to encourage swapping wings more often than just a token gesture, but as a genuine tactic.

Also once Shinji came off he roamed around more in the centre as King covered left to right in front of N’didi And Iborra

1 hour ago, norwichfox said:

Oh, isn't that so true.....should be on a new thread it should be "stickied" in the Welcome section.....I'm off to sulk now 'till the next loss or manager selection.

Haha, thanks.  Yeah, I might just shove it on the end of every single post, every single hour of every single day. :)

13 hours ago, the messenger said:

442 again but no real complaints because we moved the ball around quicker and pressed higher up the pitch.

Plus points,

Okazaki,Iborra,Mahrez,Morgan and Fuchs Top class.

Not so good,

Ndidi good energy but can’t pass a ball to save his life and also no poise on the ball, extremely poor replacement for Kante.

Maguire at fault for the goal, sloppy work. International class-passing yes, bringing it out of defence yes, defending NO.

He was dog shit.

10 hours ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

We know what we are... ;):rolleyes:

In other news, a much needed win. But still work to do, and a new manager to take us forward. 

Still plenty of work to do, yes the weather didn’t help at times but some were still guilty of not tracking back helping the defence and why is Appleton continuing Shakeys form by picking Andy King in front of other Midfielders and also leaving it til the last spit of the Game to introduce Gray I’d of put him on 15min into the second half!

We really need to get this squad settled in with a new boss ASAP won’t be before the Leeds game and if Appleton chooses the wrong squad and formation we could end up with eggs on our faces as Leeds have become irritating little buggers and play well.

But we need to get someone in hopefully before the toffees game really hoping they go all out and deliver us an Ancelotti or Pellegrini as these guys have premier experience and great footballing Nounce !

7 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Still plenty of work to do, yes the weather didn’t help at times but some were still guilty of not tracking back helping the defence and why is Appleton continuing Shakeys form by picking Andy King in front of other Midfielders and also leaving it til the last spit of the Game to introduce Gray I’d of put him on 15min into the second half!

We really need to get this squad settled in with a new boss ASAP won’t be before the Leeds game and if Appleton chooses the wrong squad and formation we could end up with eggs on our faces as Leeds have become irritating little buggers and play well.

But we need to get someone in hopefully before the toffees game really hoping they go all out and deliver us an Ancelotti or Pellegrini as these guys have premier experience and great footballing Nounce !

Is that like a knowledgeable Nonce?

Sunday mornings always seem better following a victory. For me the standouts were the return to form of Mahrez, Iborra starting to settle in now, he looked good, and better to come from him. If only Ndidi could pass to his team mates he’s got great potential. 

The victory, however sweet it feels should have had a more comfortable scoreline, though I’m not complaining. 

Just now, Farrington fox said:

Sunday mornings always seem better following a victory. For me the standouts were the return to form of Mahrez, Iborra starting to settle in now, he looked good, and better to come from him. If only Ndidi could pass to his team mates he’s got great potential. 

The victory, however sweet it feels should have had a more comfortable scoreline, though I’m not complaining. 

People have been saying this a lot.

I just watched the game again to make sure I wasn't wrong. He wasn't that good. Those saying he played like 15/16 Mahrez ought to check out his game. He was okay against a dreadful Swansea team. He was nothing like his title winning year. Iborra was possibly our best player but again let's wait until he plays a few good games against decent opposition.

We scored from an OG and a good but scrappy goal. we also allowed a goal. 

It was no return to brilliance, there should have been clear daylight between the two teams.

still as you say a Sunday is so much better following a victory.

There was a huge amount of negativity before the match and there's been equally as much positivity after it.  I was pleased with the improvement in performance and the three points but we have a way to go yet.  Swansea shot themselves in the foot with their mistakes and that won't happen against the better teams as we won't be able to exert as much pressure as we did in that match.  Our passing game improved but as soon as Swansea started to put the pressure on that diminished and there was more hoofing.  

My view is that the match was a step in the right direction but that we shouldn't get carried away with the three points, we are still in a scrap with a number of teams in a similar position and there's a lot of the season to go.

Glad I went now which I would not have predicted when getting out of bed at 7am to get the train.

Good but not great performance. Felt that they did look slightly less scared of having the ball. Iborra was good, he's got a football brain which is nice to see. Agree about Fuchs. Think his legs are going a bit.

Swansea were awful though. Didn't realise they'd lost all but one of their home games but can see why.

Good result but I wouldn't get too carried away with it. Appleton deserves credit for his approach to the game by encouraging the players to take control of the game. Some players showed a marked improvement from recent games, notably Mahrez and Albrighton, makes you wonder what was going on behind the scenes. It was nice to see us play some nice football at times and move as a unit offering support to each other. Something that was lacking under CS.  MP is known for his liking to play football and so hopefully we will show more of an attacking intent in games when possible.

The performance will help with morale and confidence going into the upcoming games. 

2 hours ago, FIF said:

People have been saying this a lot.

I just watched the game again to make sure I wasn't wrong. He wasn't that good. Those saying he played like 15/16 Mahrez ought to check out his game. He was okay against a dreadful Swansea team. He was nothing like his title winning year. Iborra was possibly our best player but again let's wait until he plays a few good games against decent opposition.

We scored from an OG and a good but scrappy goal. we also allowed a goal. 

It was no return to brilliance, there should have been clear daylight between the two teams.

still as you say a Sunday is so much better following a victory.

I have to say, I know what you mean. 

For me, Mahrez has only played well this season against a poor Brighton & a poor Swansea. 

Against better opposition he has been missing in action or totally ineffective. 

Just proves why a big European club didn't want to pay our interpretation of the 'market' rate for him. 

Still think he'll move on eventually, but we won't be getting £45/50m for him. 

Archived