Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Swansea post match 2-1

A big 3 points.

We were good in the first half but made it hard on ourselves. Swansea were shocking up until the goal.

Iborra was outstaning in the first half. Mahrez with his best game since 2016 and Morgan and Shinji for all their critics on here delivered. Even King looked decent in fairness.

Not quite up there with Liverpool post Claudio but vital win.

Well done Leicester.

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

I think it had more to do with aesthetics and how we were playing made us look a worse side whereas today we where much more positive, a couple of draws at Bournemouth and Huddersfield aren't great though.

Better than Man Utd managed at Huddersfield today though lol

Just now, yorkie1999 said:

I prefer 4 at the back and simpson was good today, his main problem is backing off his winger giving him time to get a cross in even though he has someone behind him backing him up. Need to talk more.

I like Simpson. His job gets often unnoticed but he's really solid behind. He makes up for Mahrez's limited defensive abilities (he tracks back, he's just shit defensively) but no overlapping FB is criminal at this level.

2 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Roughly 90% of this forum.

Well I didn’t, I’ve been arguing the point with a family member that he needs gametime and you don’t just dismiss a player of that quality after a couple of games just for the sake of a quick moan.

Just now, ZeGuy said:

I like Simpson. His job gets often unnoticed but he's really solid behind. He makes up for Mahrez's limited defensive abilities (he tracks back, he's just shit defensively) but no overlapping FB is criminal at this level.

Whats even more criminal is that we only have one right back at all - if anything happened to SImpson we would be up shit creek.

that was simply lovely!

Okazaki, Iborra, Mahrez the standouts. Okazaki for his usual self. Iborra was a class above any other midfielder on the pitch. Ran the show from the middle of the park. Got the tackles in as was calm in possession in tricky spots. The kind of performance you would want from him. Mahrez showed us what we've been wanting as well. Had a hand in both goals.

The other notable mention would be for King when he came on playing in more of an advanced role and supporting Vardy whilst trying to control the game. Definitely suits a midfield 3 as we all know and not in a defensive manner. Pleased with his performance too.

Just hope we can build on it as Everton are there for the taking next Sunday.  

Forgot what this feels like, Saturday afternoon, away win, smiles on faces, happy days.

Three points, and not at home against a team who clearly weren't ready this time, a proper result. 

It's one game but it's as much as we could realistically expect from one game at the moment, many more challenges ahead but today has gone as well as it could so let's build on it and who knows we could even chase the mighty Brighton down any time soon.

Enjoy your night, the wheels are turning, the lights are brightening, no looking down the table, as the philospher said "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" (he was standing on a cliff ledge at the time). We have taken three big steps, let's turn this into some momentum for more.

Last few minutes almost gave me palpitations but all in all well done, essential 3 points, Vince showed his class, great performances from Riyad and Shinji, Wes and Maguire, few others like Albrighton, Simpson, Ndidy, Vards even, a bit underwhelming. Old Fuchsy was just poor, what's wrong with him?? King gave a decent sub and was surprisingly visible, although they still overrun us in midfield, sadly that usually happens when Shinji goes off.  

First half we had a great attitude from the get go, we missed that so much. Shakes just had to go, we would never ever win it under him. We need a proper shake up and hopefully this game is a start of good things to come.

Now I think I'll have an apple. Or a ton 

:scarf:

Nice good warm content, feeling.

No silly, over analysing, no unwarranted OTT remarks, or critic.

I am going back to the joke-thread, study the apostrophy,

sit back and enjoy @izzey ..style humour, then chill and relax.

16 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Can you imagine how old Pellegrini will look by the end of the season if he does take the job?

West-Bromwich-Albion-v-Manchester-City-Premier-League.jpg.9528f18e4bd33bc5a81ca31275ce2226.jpg

Will he pass the medical??

8 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

so unbeaten against Brighton, Huddersfield, Bournemouth, West Rom and Swansea....lost to Chelsea, Man United, Arsenal, and Liverpool....exactly as you would expect.....or are our forum members ambitions slightly above reality

Not sure why you're sounding quite so smug, tbh. 

Problem wasn't just the results, it was the compete lack of an obvious playing style, system or sense of progression. 

Playing appalingly, going a goal down and then chucking everyone forward to try and salvage a point/win 3 points in the last 10

minutes doesn't cut it. 

Change needed, change happened, let's move on happily and together. 

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

that was simply lovely!

Okazaki, Iborra, Mahrez the standouts. Okazaki for his usual self. Iborra was a class above any other midfielder on the pitch. Ran the show from the middle of the park. Got the tackles in as was calm in possession in tricky spots. The kind of performance you would want from him. Mahrez showed us what we've been wanting as well. Had a hand in both goals.

The other notable mention would be for King when he came on playing in more of an advanced role and supporting Vardy whilst trying to control the game. Definitely suits a midfield 3 as we all know and not in a defensive manner. Pleased with his performance too.

Just hope we can build on it as Everton are there for the taking next Sunday.  

Could not agree more. I thought he played really well - the number 10 shirt is worn for a reason.

Archived