Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Swansea post match 2-1

12 minutes ago, Post Horn Galloper said:

Massive 3 points but all our managers seem wedded to 4 4 2. The system worked with Kante because of his workrate, tackling skills and creative ability. It has never really worked since.Remember that the tide was turned in the Greater Escape using 3-5-2.We almost beat Atletico in the second half. With wing backs like Chilwell and Mark A we are made for it. Post Horn Galloper

I tend to agree, but the 4-4-2 certainly looks better when Shinji plays. I think we need to be more flexible and play with three at the back, if we are to make genuine progress under whoever we appoint as the next manager.

442 again but no real complaints because we moved the ball around quicker and pressed higher up the pitch.

Plus points,

Okazaki,Iborra,Mahrez,Morgan and Fuchs Top class.

Not so good,

Ndidi good energy but can’t pass a ball to save his life and also no poise on the ball, extremely poor replacement for Kante.

Maguire at fault for the goal, sloppy work. International class-passing yes, bringing it out of defence yes, defending NO.

13 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Its quite sad to read so much negativity in the match thread even when we're winning, those posters seem to disappear when we actually win though.  It's almost as it they thrive on their own team losing.

weird.

Some people just hate everything. Pity them.

25 minutes ago, AylestoneRaider said:

I tend to agree, but the 4-4-2 certainly looks better when Shinji plays. I think we need to be more flexible and play with three at the back, if we are to make genuine progress under whoever we appoint as the next manager.

442 works when you’ve got a midfielder that’s actually comfortable on the ball and knows where his team mates are before he gets it. You don’t need a fast player, just an intelligent one.

44 minutes ago, the messenger said:

442 again but no real complaints because we moved the ball around quicker and pressed higher up the pitch.

Plus points,

Not so good,

Ndidi good energy but can’t pass a ball to save his life and also no poise on the ball, extremely poor replacement for Kante.

Maguire at fault for the goal, sloppy work. International class-passing yes, bringing it out of defence yes, defending NO.

:rolleyes:

58 minutes ago, the messenger said:

Plus points,

Not so good,

Funny how people see things so differently I thought Fuchs was shocking today and Ndidi had a much better game today than he did at West Brom 

1 hour ago, the messenger said:

Plus points,

Not so good,

I thought Maguire had a good game today, including his defending

1 hour ago, the messenger said:

Plus points,

Not so good,

lol.

24 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Maguire made three vital headers at the end of the game in the last couple of minutes. Finished off a solid display.  Harsh to criticise him today.

You, sir, do not belong on Foxestalk.

The accepted norm here is to watch a game waiting for a mistake.  That is your starting point.  Then, with this confirmation bias in place, you watch a player and notice only the bad.  The good you ignore or discard as fluke.  Then when the bad happens you magnify and exaggerate it.  You talk about it until other people start to think it's true, start to imagine it's true.  Until they believe that your opinion is fact.  And so next time said player makes a mistake people think "yeah, he did that last match too" and soon enough King is shit, Okazaki does nothing but fall over, Gray has a bad attitude and all Yakubu does is score.

The above methodology is reserved for all players apart from a select few that for some reason you defend even though no one quite knows why, not even you.

You reserve the most spiteful stuff for the young and the foreign.  Or those who's face for some reason annoys you.

You continue along this path until someone says "I thought x player payed quite well".  You then accuse this person of being some sort of "bumder" and tell them "Hey, I'm just a realist" and you make it look like they are going on and on about the positives and that they never see the bad and are randomly, just being too nice unprovoked, forgetting the fact that you actually started it and they are merely responding.

Then you keep slagging off the players until they have a game that even you cannot describe as crap at which point you shut up and focus on either the manager or the owners instead, or you point out that the opponents are shit.  The joy here is that if they are below us you can say "we should have beat them because we are bigger than them" whereas if they are above us you can say "we should aim higher, we can;t just say it's OK to lose just because they are bigger than us.  You are of course entitled here to completely ignore the irony in expecting to beat all "smaller" clubs whilst expecting us to beat all "bigger clubs".

After a good game, because of all of your slagging, someone will post something positive about a player.  This is your time to pounce with the classic "one good game doesn't mean anything you moron, I am a realist here, you can't judge someone after one good game".  Again, you shift the emphasis on to them, as if they are being simpletons when in fact, again, it is you that started it all and they are merely commenting in response to your constant sniping.  You make it look like they are the ones jumping to conclusions after one game when in fact, of course, it was you all along.

Anyway, apologies for the long post but I just wanted to give you a heads up as even though your post above seemed very reasonable I hope you can now see you are just some Pearson bummer who is probably "too young to remember when we were shit" and too positive.

Thanks

Rumble.

X

7 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

The accepted norm here is to watch a game waiting for a mistake.  That is your starting point.  Then, with this confirmation bias in place, you watch a player and notice only the bad.  The good you ignore or discard as fluke.  Then when the bad happens you magnify and exaggerate it.  You talk about it until other people start to think it's true, start to imagine it's true.  Until they believe that your opinion is fact.  And so next time said player makes a mistake people think "yeah, he did that last match too" and soon enough King is shit, Okazaki does nothing but fall over, Gray has a bad attitude and all Yakubu does is score.

The above methodology is reserved for all players apart from a select few that for some reason you defend even though no one quite knows why, not even you.

You reserve the most spiteful stuff for the young and the foreign.  Or those who's face for some reason annoys you.

You continue along this path until someone says "I thought x player payed quite well".  You then accuse this person of being some sort of "bumder" and tell them "Hey, I'm just a realist" and you make it look like they are going on and on about the positives and that they never see the bad and are randomly, just being too nice unprovoked, forgetting the fact that you actually started it and they are merely responding.

Then you keep slagging off the players until they have a game that even you cannot describe as crap at which point you shut up and focus on either the manager or the owners instead, or you point out that the opponents are shit.  The joy here is that if they are below us you can say "we should have beat them because we are bigger than them" whereas if they are above us you can say "we should aim higher, we can;t just say it's OK to lose just because they are bigger than us.  You are of course entitled here to completely ignore the irony in expecting to beat all "smaller" clubs whilst expecting us to beat all "bigger clubs".

After a good game, because of all of your slagging, someone will post something positive about a player.  This is your time to pounce with the classic "one good game doesn't mean anything you moron, I am a realist here, you can't judge someone after one good game".  Again, you shift the emphasis on to them, as if they are being simpletons when in fact, again, it is you that started it all and they are merely commenting in response to your constant sniping.  You make it look like they are the ones jumping to conclusions after one game when in fact, of course, it was you all along.

Anyway, apologies for the long post but I just wanted to give you a heads up as even though your post above seemed very reasonable I hope you can now see you are just some Pearson bummer who is probably "too young to remember when we were shit" and too positive.

Thanks

Rumble.

X

Quoted for truth ?

2 hours ago, copunk said:

How poor was renato sanches today? 

Very. 

But he could still become a good player. It's just like he's been told he's the next Ronaldo with a bit of Messi chucked in for good measure. Believed his own hype and thinks he's better than he actually is right now. That's a bit of what's wrong with football though in a way as he was so hyped up in the press after 1 good tournament at a really young age with all the major sides battling for him to sign and obscene money being chucked at him that it's probably normal for it to go to his head. 6 months after his professional debut he's signed for a fortune by Bayern and then winning the euros and young player of the tournament. He's clearly got talent just not been able to develop. Swansea have basically got a terrible deal with a 1 year loan. They take all the risk by playing him when he's still developing and then he goes back to Bayern. At least if they could have brought him they get the upside of playing him knowing he will be their player.

6 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Thanks

Rumble.

X

Man, I could name so many names right now...

I expect such people always have an error free day at work, always working to maximum efficiency, binding seamlessly with their work colleagues, providing a shining example of how the job should be done. Every single working day.

2 hours ago, the messenger said:

Plus points,

Not so good,

Maguire must have won about 3 headers from crosses in to the box in a row at one point. He's not superman, every player makes a mistake at sometime. But he's been quality for us so far and still young. Great defender.

Ndidi has really been chucked in at the deep end with us and done amazingly well for someone of his age. Bit harsh on him. There is nobody we could sign that would be a Kante replacement. He's irreplaceable and unique. It's no surprise since he's been injured Chelsea lost to Palace and very nearly lost to Watford. And they even have Bakayoko.... 

Archived