Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Swansea post match 2-1

4 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

Maguire must have won about 3 headers from crosses in to the box in a row at one point. He's not superman, every player makes a mistake at sometime. But he's been quality for us so far and still young. Great defender.

Ndidi has really been chucked in at the deep end with us and done amazingly well for someone of his age. Bit harsh on him.

Young players as long as they try should be given a pass and encouragement from fans when they make a mistake or two as they are still learning and trying new things. Getting on their back and causing them to revert to a ‘play it safe’ style of football is literally the most English thing ever - no other country does it. 

Players such as Morgan and Simpson who are older more experienced pros should be the ones coming under scrutiny as despite all the experience they still aimlessly punt the ball for it to come right back at them. 

Back to the point - if you are not annointed by some mysterious council as the next big thing (John Stones for example is literally immune to any critisism from pundits warranted or not) then as a young player in the English game you’ll be the target of many frustrations.

3 hours ago, dynamark said:

Jatt- the stream I had was Canada TV via Commando .Ads for Scotia bank at half time did you get that coverage?

It was on sportsnet one over here in canada.(scotia bank is one of our major banks here so yes that was it). If you lot are looking for  any streaming epl games typically TSN And sportsnet here in canada broadcast the early saturday games (1230pm, 3pm and the 530 games) on saturdays. Tsn has 4 or 5 different channels and typically will show 1 or 2 different games over thise 5 channels. Sportsnet has ontario/west/east/one/world channels and will show 2 of 3 of the games as well but never shows the games that are on the tsn channels. Look for those streams.

Danny Dichio and Craig Forest are usually the pregame/half time and postgame pundits (along with a token brit for the accented analysis). Forget whose on tsn.

3 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Thank god that didn’t go tits up today at one point I thought Swansea were going to royally shaft us like a taff in his wellies with his sheep Mistress !!?

B765C0DB-3635-4F3F-8C95-C911321DC2B1.jpeg

We know what we are... ;):rolleyes:

In other news, a much needed win. But still work to do, and a new manager to take us forward. 

Well done to crazy Apples, did he give them a ball to use in training or something?lol

Now Vicente is in the house we are looking like the real deal again, and at least that signing  now looks like a good piece of business.

Credit to Rudkin for getting it done. :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Well done to crazy Apples, did he give them a ball to use in training or something?lol

Now Vicente is in the house we are looking like the real deal again, and at least that signing  now looks like a good piece of business.

Credit to Rudkin for getting it done. :ph34r:

In a training clip posted on Thursday there was about 10 seconds of what looked like a rondo passing exercise while players were on the move, prior to Thursday it had always been done standing still in a circle. So maybe Appy (that's what the players call him) is at least trying to improve our pass completion rate. lol

Rudkin was working overtime on the Vinny deal while he was on holiday. Don't see many people thanking him now, although I'm sure the knives will be back out when he has a poor game.

Thought we deserved that. As per usual we make it as hard as possible for ourselves when the game should've been dead on a couple of occasions. Thought we kept the ball a lot better and that Iborra and Okazaki were excellent. Very handy and much needed win - chance to actually put a bit of a run together I think.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Thought we deserved that. As per usual we make it as hard as possible for ourselves when the game should've been dead on a couple of occasions. Thought we kept the ball a lot better and that Iborra and Okazaki were excellent. Very handy and much needed win - chance to actually put a bit of a run together I think.

Thought the same.  King did ok today in the role he was asked to do, but it's not a good tactic.  When we bring on King for okazaki, we invite too much pressure on to ourselves.  A better team would have capitalized on that today and probably got the draw at least.  We are asking for trouble to hold on to that.  Iborra was excellent today.  Ndidi was wasteful of possession.  Gave the ball back to the opposition too cheaply and too often in both halfs.  Very handy win though and hopefully lays a better starting foundation for whoever comes in as manager. 

final comment on the game

how good was it to watch us in control of a match? We did it against Brighton for long periods  but they were a mess of a team that day. Here, away to a side who had last won 2-0, we absolutely bossed the first half and will hopefully learn not to give too much ground away when two up. the last twenty should never have been that tight. 

This is how we should be playing games - on the front foot and with some drive and intensity. The players seemed to enjoy recovering that feeling - hopefully they won’t give it away again so meekly. 

10 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Pretty good performances overall. We could have scored a lot more than we did and there goal came out of nowhere really. Kasper did not have too much to do. I didn't like going 4-5-1 at the end as we resorted to hoofing it away and invited pressure onto us, but that said Vardy had an easy chance to put it to bed but put it at the keeper.

Iborra I'd give MOTM to today, he and Ndidi looked good. He was calm and composed on the ball and free'd up Ndidi. At times in fact he bossed it. Okazaki was also great and Riyad had a good game.

Feel a bit sorry for Shakespeare because this was his team out there and his point about getting more time... well as some of the new players acclimatize to the league our performances were bound to improve. We actually had a midfield today which is honestly the first time I can say that since the Brighton game.

I feel like when Silva comes into the team in January and we have a new manager we have the potential to be far more of a footballing team if we want to. And I hope that we go that way!

Good post all round 

8 hours ago, Post Horn Galloper said:

Massive 3 points but all our managers seem wedded to 4 4 2. The system worked with Kante because of his workrate, tackling skills and creative ability. It has never really worked since.Remember that the tide was turned in the Greater Escape using 3-5-2.We almost beat Atletico in the second half. With wing backs like Chilwell and Mark A we are made for it. Post Horn Galloper

A 3-5-2 with those WBs leaves out Mahrez and Gray, and so long as they are both on the team, it is going to be tough selling a formation that excludes two of our most talented attacking players. Which is not to say I am firmly against it, but I think it will be an unusual situation where we are better without them playing. I could see a 4-3-3 or a 3-4-3 more likely -- Shakey was looking to go 3-4-3 (believe that is actually what we played 2H vs. AM, not a 3-5-2), just the injury situation didn't work out.

If we played a 3-4-3 with wingbacks, that would allow one of Mahrez/Gray to play up top, while shoring up our defense, but it would obv come at the expense of Simpson and possibly Fuchs, depending who the 3rd CB is (I struggle at this point to believe Dragovic is likely to play as the 3rd CB anytime soon, but I suppose it is possible). So, a 3-4-3 now, BUT when Matty James returns, I think a middle 3 would be compelling, and if we went with WBs, then a 3-5-2 might make some sense, as we could probably play Gray as a WB, knowing he is not really one, but we would have the cover behind him to allow that against most Prem League sides. 

However, if we are really going to get serious about WBs, I think we really need an upgrade to Albrighton. I rate the guy, but WB is a position we should drop big money into and get a huge upgrade, a legit 2-way player who is a real playmaker with the ball at his feet, with high end creativity to complement his work ethic. These players aren't cheap, but that would be the best investment I can think of for all that CL loot we have socked away, and with the addition of Silva, LC would shore itself up nicely on both sides of the ball in a 3-5-2.

I find the whole 67 minute substitution thing contrived. Its like there is an alarm set in the dugout with no deferring to actually what is happening on the pitch. The team selection is very pradicatable and the tactics entirely pradictable. Lecester City must be one of the easiest teams to apply tactics against because any opposition knows what they will be facing, including the 67th minute substitution.

Finally a holding midfielder to finish the puzzle. I don't know what we fed Iborra yesterday, but please continue to feed it him every breakfast time. Like a new player, he has to be motm. 

Much better all round. We still need to give the ball away less. But I guess once confidence rises this will improve. 

Cross fingers we can go on a run and save this season. 

Next manager needs to be exceptional at man management.

Just out of interest anybody who saw the game was Mahrez given a free role?,

just looking at the highlights ,the first goal he was on the left, the pass to Vardy he was more central and the pass to Okazaki for his goal back on the right.

53 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Great result, and much improved first half. A bit disappointing that we went back to hoofball after they scored but encouraging.

So did we pull the trigger too soon on Shakey or should we appoint Appleton? :)

No & No.  Need a complete change to move 'forward'.  Papering over the cracks 'now', would I believe lead to a disaster at some point not to far down the line.........

Archived