Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

League Cup - Quarter final draw

Bristol City or Bournemouth at home would be brilliant. But if we have to get one of the others, I just hope we’re at home because on our day we can beat anyone at home. 

Like others have said, at the end of the day we are 3 ties away from getting back into Europe. If I was the chairman I’d be putting this competition high on the list of priorities for the new manager. 

6 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Keep up Izzy, get with the Tech....

To receive info from twitter....

At 4pm...go out to the front garden, shout obscenities into the wind for an hour, all the time doing "air quotes" , hashtag signs and abusing any celebrity you can think of...and then threatening anyone you see.... then go back inside, have a celebratory wank about how important you are and turn on the radio. 

Job done :)

Isn't that like most days?

9 hours ago, TK95 said:

Won't be weakened at this stage

December's schedule this year is ridiculous, so I'd expect changes. For example, we will have 5 games in 18 days during this period ourselves. Most teams in Europe will be pretty much on midweek games every week.

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I don't know how but we will somehow be shafted here.

Then again it's the quarter finals and you should have to expect to beat the best.

I'd be absolutely sick as a dog if we drew Bristol City and lost.

I remember being ecstatic when we drew Wycombe and thought as a result that we basically had a bye to the FA Cup Semi back in 2001 :(

28 minutes ago, The Bear said:

If you get Man City at home you'll beat their "2nd string". They can count themselves lucky to get through last night.

I saw that young lad's miss (can't spell his name) in last minute. Think he was just knackered by the time Bravo was coming out.

7 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Keep up Izzy, get with the Tech....

To receive info from twitter....

At 4pm...go out to the front garden, shout obscenities into the wind for an hour, all the time doing "air quotes" , hashtag signs and abusing any celebrity you can think of...and then threatening anyone you see.... then go back inside, have a celebratory wank about how important you are and turn on the radio. 

Job done :)

How do you know my late Thursday afternoon routine so well?

1 hour ago, Wortho said:

Arsenal will draw Bristol city at home.

This is nailed on. Their luck in draws has been unreal in recent years. Imagine getting drawn with not 1, but 2, non league sides in a single FA Cup run, including a home tie in the QF?! In fact, they got to the semi final without playing a single PL team! In the League Cup this season they've had Doncaster and Norwich, both at home, so far. 

1 hour ago, Isle of Wight Fox 86 said:

Would anyone else be happy having to play at Wembley in the final against Spurs..... They will have a bit of an unfair advantage I feel. 

I have been thinking the same.  FA cup will be interesting as well.  Spurs could not win at Wembley at all up until recently when the more they play there the more accustomed they become to the size of the pitch etc.  Spurs will have an unfair advantage over all teams cos they play there as their home venue.  Levy must have had some serious hold over the fa who allowed this to happen whilst their ground was being redeveloped.  They should have been told to ground share the Olympic stadium with Wet Spam this season not Wembley.

Just now, suffolk fox said:

I have been thinking the same.  FA cup will be interesting as well.  Spurs could not win at Wembley at all up until recently when the more they play there the more accustomed they become to the size of the pitch etc.  Spurs will have an unfair advantage over all teams cos they play there as their home venue.  Levy must have had some serious hold over the fa who allowed this to happen whilst their ground was being redeveloped.  They should have been told to ground share the Olympic stadium with Wet Spam this season not Wembley.

Size of the pitch is a myth. Massive myth. Our pitch is bigger than Wembley.

11 hours ago, TK95 said:

Won't be weakened at this stage

I imagine the big team will play severely weakened side in the QFs. If you're playing Premier League games on the 9th, 13th, 16th, 23rd, 26th, 30th Dec and 1st Jan, as well as a Champions League game on 6th Dec, you could not care less about a Caribbean/Colombian/Coffee/Whatever it's called cup game on 19th Dec. The big teams are not judged on how well they do in this cup.

6 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

The likelihood of us drawing Bristol City stands at 1:7 (or 14.2857142857%).

Please, you can close that window again. Don't despair.

There was no need to round the numbers up 14.28571428568% works fine for most of us on here.....

Archived