Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

League Cup - Quarter final draw

1 hour ago, The whole world smiles said:

There are 14 possible outcomes of the draw. I in my opinion We have a 50/50 chance of getting a bad or awful draw.

dream draw

Bristol city home

Good draws

Bournemouth home

West ham home

Bristol city away

ok draws

Arsenal home

Bournemouth away

West ham away

bad draws

Man city home

Man united home

Chelsea home

Arsenal away

awful draws

Man city Away

Man united Away

Chelsea away

Given our record against Arsenal (no wins in something like the last 25 games home and away), you could say it would be an awful draw if we got them home or away. Fingers crossed the 4 big boys get each other.

1 hour ago, The whole world smiles said:

There are 14 possible outcomes of the draw. I in my opinion We have a 50/50 chance of getting a bad or awful draw.

dream draw

Bristol city home

Good draws

Bournemouth home

West ham home

Bristol city away

ok draws

Arsenal home

Bournemouth away

West ham away

bad draws

Man city home

Man united home

Chelsea home

Arsenal away

awful draws

Man city Away

Man united Away

Chelsea away

I'll go with that maybe down grading Bristol city to an okay draw, haven't they already beat 3 prem teams at Ashton gate 

Maybe all the games will be on television via different match providers (such as the BBC and Sky Sports, not sure if BT have rights as well etc), now it's coming into the cuprucial stages of the tournament?

4 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Maybe all the games will be on television via different match providers (such as the BBC and Sky Sports, not sure if BT have rights as well etc), now it's coming into the cuprucial stages of the tournament?

Nope, Sky have exclusive UK rights to this so depends how many they want to feature.

Just now, FraserSorensen said:

Nope, Sky have exclusive UK rights to this so depends how many they want to feature.

Thanks.

They can have good coverage, but feel as if they're being a 'monopoly' in this market in particular - holding all cards close together and choosing which game they want to broadcast.

Would prefer some game to be on a Freeview channel, as I understand that the cost of having Sky (who can sometimes rip people off) can put people off using the service and thus some don't want to have it - thus feel now the tournament is coming towards the latter part, that the competition now would appeal to more of the population and there's no better way of increasing the popularity of the competition in particular than distributing it fairly to other TV service providers.

I right these sports TV rights act difficult to understand, but just my opinion on how the games should be allocated to view.

14 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Thanks.

They can have good coverage, but feel as if they're being a 'monopoly' in this market in particular - holding all cards close together and choosing which game they want to broadcast.

Would prefer some game to be on a Freeview channel, as I understand that the cost of having Sky (who can sometimes rip people off) can put people off using the service and thus some don't want to have it - thus feel now the tournament is coming towards the latter part, that the competition now would appeal to more of the population and there's no better way of increasing the popularity of the competition in particular than distributing it fairly to other TV service providers.

I right these sports TV rights act difficult to understand, but just my opinion on how the games should be allocated to view.

There will only be four games, so you feel they could choose to show both each night, with a 7:45pm and 8pm kick off, one on Sky Sports 1 and one on Sky Sports 2 etc but it may not be as well covered. You've got to think that whoever United draw will be shown, and if they don't draw Bristol City they will also most likely get a look in being the lowest ranked team (and only non PL team), and they've dumped out 3 premier league teams with no prior TV coverage in the competition this season. Very much depends on the draw.

Hoping for Bournemouth, Bristol City or West Ham at home. At this stage it's going to be an interesting game either way and the fans should be up for it. I'd be sick if we lost to any of those three.

I want one of those three at home, and then for the other two of those three to draw each other. We could beat any of those over two legs if on song.

Worst case scenario is one of the other four, and those four all dodging each other.

Would be so boring if we got Man City again. Man Utd too would be crap given we have them just after this.

I reckon Chelsea home.

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Need to avoid Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea. 

And Arsenal away. Arsenal home might be doable. 

In theory Arsenal should be better than those three but our record against them is just revolting. I can't take another late loss at the Emirates.

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Given our record against Arsenal (no wins in something like the last 25 games home and away), you could say it would be an awful draw if we got them home or away. Fingers crossed the 4 big boys get each other.

Funnily enough the only time we have beat them in my lifetime (that I remember) was in a cup on penalties at filbo in the late 90s. But I don't know the way they have been playing I would fancy us, certainly at home.

1 hour ago, lestajigs said:

I'll go with that maybe down grading Bristol city to an okay draw, haven't they already beat 3 prem teams at Ashton gate 

I see your point, small ground close to the pitch huge occasion for them could be difficult night.

Archived