Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
treer

Okazaki on the floor

to be fair, it was a poor ball by Vardy, could of just rolled in on the floor instead of mid-air, Shinji hold up and link up play was fantastic, drawing fouls from opponents, he either scored scruffy goals or world class like the one v man city and Newcastle lol

love the guy

always 200%

Loved Shinji's desire in the build up to the goal. Perez was marking him in the centre circle but then Shinji just sprints away from him - Perez can't even be bothered to track back until he realises what's about to happen - then it's too late and he can only make his desperate lunge. Sure, Shinji had only been on about 15 minutes, but so had Perez. 

I'm trying to making a serious point here but this image keeps popping into my mind and it just cracks me up.

shinji.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Chester Dontlie said:

To everyone complaining, that goal was straight from secret :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: Shinjitsu :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: manual

Lesson #20 "Use the strength of your opponent against him" :thumbup:

image.png.dcb359216e56d9eb8c1335ad1a6b5233.pngL

"Humiliate opponents by making them bang themselves" :thumbup:

4728C91C00000578-5162967-image-a-175_151

looks like Mahrez is learning Shinjitsu from the master. Here you can see he's using the choking technique to celebrate Shinji-san's flawless assist

3203.jpg?w=1920&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&

Here are some random Confucius quotes Shinji applies to use while practicing his art

Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart.

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it.

:scarf:

Confucius also said rape was impossible.

"Woman with skirt pulled up runs faster than man with trousers round his ankles"

lollol

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, kushiro said:

Loved Shinji's desire in the build up to the goal. Perez was marking him in the centre circle but then Shinji just sprints away from him - Perez can't even be bothered to track back until he realises what's about to happen - then it's too late and he can only make his desperate lunge. Sure, Shinji had only been on about 15 minutes, but so had Perez. 

I'm trying to making a serious point here but this image keeps popping into my mind and it just cracks me up.

shinji.jpg

Seems that even the Newcastle player (Yedlin?) can't contain his joy in seeing the poetry in motion. 

On 09/12/2017 at 22:58, seanfox778 said:

Okazaki is an anomaly. He cannot play football yet he’s one of the greatest footballers we’ve ever had. Leave him be. 

Always used to say this about Lloyd Dyer but find it more fitting for Okazaki.

If he could kick a ball he'd be better than Messi and Ronaldo combined!

• Like 1

On ‎09‎.‎12‎.‎2017 at 23:41, treer said:

for the 3rd goal actually won the ball whilst on the floor, and then was in the box to finish Vardy.s tee up, but why did he think he needed 2 touches?

Why not just hit it first time?

Everything was part of the plan. Shinji's so unselfish he wanted the defender to score.

32 minutes ago, kushiro said:

Someone just posted this on the Guardian review of the PL weekend thread. Great stuff:

Shinji Okazaki is the bassoon of footballers. Allow me to explain this man-crush and please forgive the analytical snobbery in advance. Upon first observation, he is unremarkable. Lost in the background with below average assist and scoring rates, and fairly pedestrian on the ball. You can only hear the trumpet, so is the bassoon even playing? You even find yourself thinking, what is the point of him? He's never on the ball - why not bring on Musa or Slimani? Look, he's even running away from the goal now with Vardy tearing down the middle! Bloody amateur!

Then you watch a bit more, and you realise that his run made the opposing defence a funny shape. Then a bit more, and Vardy scores down the middle. A superficial analysis (*cough*KEOWN*cough*) might even say that the defence did a shit job. But that would fail to notice that Okazaki ran directly across the path of two opposing defenders and effectively took them out of the game. Sure, the violin scored, but the bassoon essentially enabled it to happen. On defence, it's a similar story. The fullback makes a long loose pass straight to Ndidi and the superficial analysis is that Ndidi made a great interception. Half true, but that would fail to acknowledge that Okazaki blocked the passing lane for the winger and defensive mid, making the only option either a hoof or a risky long ground pass.

It's a little cliche now to say 'if you don't rate X then you're a footballing heathen' but if you can't see the value in Okazaki, especially in Leicester's title winning season making space for Vardy and Mahrez, you need to look a little harder. He is a phenomenal and criminally underrated player that does not get recognition because he does the unfashionable things, but he does them bloody well.

It's a fabulous comment, sadly the musical analogy doesn't quite hold up, but I get the point.