Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

We need to talk about Wilfred Ndidi

15 minutes ago, Rigga said:

He definately had at least 2 in front of him.. one centrally and one further up the wing.

He lost the ball because the crowd got in his back ? Oh please....

2 ahead of him vs 4 or 5 Man City players. He should have passed it back inside so we could keep hold of the ball for abit. 

• Like 1

Let’s be honest bar our last two results which have been nothing short of brilliant it has been our slow approach play that has meant we have lacked any creativity.

2 of our last 3 goals have been from breaks inside our own half involving 2/3 players....Sooooooo

• Like 2

Wilf looked hungry to me, much more like his old self. His star qualities being recovery of possession, covering ground, physicality. He's no Glen Hoddle we know that but he adds qualities we lack through others. For me he's always looked at his best when he plays with energy, criticism being this year it appears to have been taken out of his game. If the last 2 games are examples of how we would like to play moving forward then Wilf we be vital to that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

2 ahead of him vs 4 or 5 Man City players. He should have passed it back inside so we could keep hold of the ball for abit. 

Guessing you don’t understand a counter attack then? If he didn’t want to pass he still had plenty of space to run into before releasing. (Instead of doing his usual five the ball away trick like he did again) 

Also beginning to wonder if you and AlloverthrfloorYesNdidi are the same people. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I thought the exact same thing. At the time I said the crowd rushed him into making a mistake 

Must be annoying having 25000 shit coaches screaming poor instructions at you lol

Imagine being a professional footballer and being influenced by crowd. One of the first things they’re taught is to block it all out. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bert said:

Imagine being a professional footballer and being influenced by crowd. One of the first things they’re taught is to block it all out. 

How well can you do that as a young player? Players say how important the crowd is. To be able to tune in and out at will seems vaguely unreasonable especially as a young player.

"These people are know-it-all bastards and I should ignore them but I love them and should respond accordingly". Christ, they'd need at least ten years of marriage to understand that brain ****.

14 minutes ago, Bert said:

And after they've had that lesson they must be impervious to it forever....

Come to think of it i have never ever seen a footballer react to the crowd ever. Never ever ever....

Except for the millions of times when they have

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Keep going son and don't whatever you do read football forums. If you were aged 27, cost us  £75m and your name was Kevin De Something then I'd perhaps expect a little bit better, but, as you aren't and you're not,  just keep going as you are,  you're doing just fine. If you do read the forums, I have a hunch you'll have the last laugh when you leave with a big wedge of money. In the meantime, it's a big thank you from me.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Bert said:

Didn’t Mahrez hand over the penalty to Vardy during the record scoring run, only after the crowd had yelled at him to do so?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Rigga said:

He definately had at least 2 in front of him.. one centrally and one further up the wing.

He lost the ball because the crowd got in his back ? Oh please....

Agree Rigga.

It was not the crowd. Come on, he is a professional football player. He lost the ball because his ball control is sh*t.

6 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Keep going son and don't whatever you do read football forums. If you were aged 27, cost us  £75m and your name was Kevin De Something then I'd perhaps expect a little bit better, but, as you aren't and you're not,  just keep going as you are,  you're doing just fine. If you do read the forums, I have a hunch you'll have the last laugh when you leave with a big wedge of money. In the meantime, it's a big thank you from me.

It is not his fault ... it is Puel for insisting that he plays. I agree, we should support all our players if they try their best.  But they get paid a lot of money to play football - so they better try very hard.

18 minutes ago, Rigga said:

It wasn’t really a knock of Ndidi, more pointing out his reluctance to go/pass the ball forward which seems to be a regular thing. If you don’t drive forward in that instance, when will he?!

His ball winning attributes can’t be questioned.. 

I think he has a good football brain. It is just that, at this point in time, he lacks the technical ability needed to execute basic ball control and good passing that he can imagine in his head. So when he gets into situation where he can go forward, deep down, he questions himself and so he passes it backwards because there is a lower chance of embarrassment. So it is partly confidence and partly technical. As he is still young, I hope he can just practice every single day on his ball control and improve. But sometimes, if it is not in you, it is not in you, let’s see. It is better though that he gets dropped out of the team to do this so he can develop such skills with confidence needed. Otherwise, he will develop fear and backward mentality like we have seen instead.

Gray, by comparison, is great at ball control but his football brain is suspect. He seems to lack vision and decision making abilities which are hard to train up.

Edited by Tom12345

1 hour ago, Tom12345 said:

It is not his fault ... it is Puel for insisting that he plays. I agree, we should support all our players if they try their best.  But they get paid a lot of money to play football - so they better try very hard.

Of all the things Ndidi doesn't or can't do yet, trying hard doesn't appear to be one of them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

I think he has a good football brain. It is just that, at this point in time, he lacks the technical ability needed to execute basic ball control and good passing that he can imagine in his head. So when he gets into situation where he can go forward, deep down, he questions himself and so he passes it backwards because there is a lower chance of embarrassment. So it is partly confidence and partly technical. As he is still young, I hope he can just practice every single day on his ball control and improve. But sometimes, if it is not in you, it is not in you, let’s see. It is better though that he gets dropped out of the team to do this so he can develop such skills with confidence needed. Otherwise, he will develop fear and backward mentality like we have seen instead.

Gray, by comparison, is great at ball control but his football brain is suspect. He seems to lack vision and decision making abilities which are hard to train up.

Pretty fair comparison of Nididi, he is definitely improving game by game I think playing him and Mendy in a two is asking too much from a young player who is still learning the ropes there is something in there and overtime his passing, decision making when in forward positions should get better with confidence and practice. 

I think Gray's problem is that he rushes himself when in a dangerous position and ends up in two minds which leads to these missed opportunities, he is not far away from being a dangerous player as teams can't handle his pace and dribbling add that final piece of composure and we will have a player on our hands.

both still really young though, plenty of time for them to develop into top players.

Edited by whoareyaaa

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

I think Gray's problem is that he rushes himself when in a dangerous position and ends up in two minds which leads to these missed opportunities, he is not far away from being a dangerous player as teams can't handle his pace and dribbling add that final piece of composure and we will have a player on our hands.

He just needs more confidence and stop being a little too selfish. He's capable, but a little arrogant imo. I mean his goals against Man Utd and Derby in the cup were absolute screamers. Need more of those in the league.

13 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Mate don't be silly.  Every single pass has to be forwards else it's tippy tappy bollox.  In fact I prefer it when we just get the ball and twat it towards the goal as quickly and blindly as possible.  X

I think we all need some perspective. Yes, his passing is often abysmal. I was on a thread on reddit recently however about the best player outside the Top 6, and he was the only CM aside Gomes to enter the conversation after everyone started talking about Anderson, Sigurdsson, and Richarlison. He is really good. If he improves his passing he would become arguably our best player. Hopefully he can, but if not, it's not the end of the world. We are lucky to have him.

6 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

I agree with with everything about Ndidi but I'm not sure dropping him will help. He's undoubtedly practicing and training but how will sitting on the bench on matchday help him develop?

38 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I think we all need some perspective. Yes, his passing is often abysmal. I was on a thread on reddit recently however about the best player outside the Top 6, and he was the only CM aside Gomes to enter the conversation after everyone started talking about Anderson, Sigurdsson, and Richarlison. He is really good. If he improves his passing he would become arguably our best player. Hopefully he can, but if not, it's not the end of the world. We are lucky to have him.

Cannot really agree he is our best player or best player outside of Top 6. He is overrated unfortunately even with the increasing recognition of his lack of passing ability. What is the use of being a CM if you cannot pass or control the ball in a possession based playing style? He is Championship quality at the moment. If Barnes is back, Barnes is easily a better player than he is.  Hamza is in my view also better than he is. Overall, I think Vardy is still our best player by far.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Cannot really agree he is our best player or best player outside of Top 6. He is overrated unfortunately even with the increasing recognition of his lack of passing ability. What is the use of being a CM if you cannot pass or control the ball in a possession based playing style? He is Championship quality at the moment. If Barnes is back, Barnes is easily a better player than he is.  Hamza is in my view also better than he is. Overall, I think Vardy is still our best player by far.

Right, how about you see Barnes actually play for us in the PL before saying that he's a better player than Ndidi...

• Like 2