Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

We need to talk about Wilfred Ndidi

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Like Albrighton, the criticism of Wilf has been crazy talk.

He’s a top player imo and will he sought after by the very best at some point.

It's easy to forget Wilf has just turned 22, the lad has huge amounts of time to improve even further as a player. 

We have one hell of a player on our hands

• Like 3

Wilfred's pros far outlay his cons. His defensive positioning is up there with the very best and his ability to win the ball back, tackle and intercept etc is so good. He's also adding that 'box to box' type midfielder to his game.

In saying that, his one con is his lack of passing ability. He lacks technique and finesse in the pass. If he could pass he'd be off to a bigger club for around 35 million like a couple of our other midfielders over the last few years.

Appreciate what we have with him. He's still a young lad and offers us much more to be happy about than he does to moan about 

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

If he could pass a ball better he would be at a top 4 club.

I hate that sort of comment. Are you implying that he can't improve his ball control and passing while with us, or that if he does he should immediately transfer to a "top" club? For a supposed supporter you show little respect for our club.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Wilfred's pros far outlay his cons. His defensive positioning is up there with the very best and his ability to win the ball back, tackle and intercept etc is so good. He's also adding that 'box to box' type midfielder to his game.

In saying that, his one con is his lack of passing ability. He lacks technique and finesse in the pass. If he could pass he'd be off to a bigger club for around 35 million like a couple of our other midfielders over the last few years.

Appreciate what we have with him. He's still a young lad and offers us much more to be happy about than he does to moan about 

And the rest mate. 

International regular

70ish caps in the prem, including champions League experience

• Like 2

The point above about Ndidi being only a few months older than Hamza is a striking one. Makes you realise how good Wilf is that he has been such a mainstay for us for nearly 2 years despite his very young age. He has had a few poor games recently but when he is not there we really miss him. Against Man City he looked almost back to his best, so expecting him to kick on from here. Top player. 

• Like 1

Ok ok. Guys. You all have a point. I don’t dislike Ndidi. I guess frustration builds up after a while of seeing him play poorly and affect results for the team but yet he was always in the team when Puel kept other players who deserved more of a chance IMO out. I agree he has been better the last two games - coincidentally since Hamza has been in the team. Not such a coincidence.

Edited by Tom12345

There's a difference in saying his passing isn't good enough and "if he could pass he'd play for the top 6", nobody is expecting him to be Busquets with the ball and Kante off it, just keeping it simple and retaining possession would be an improvement over frequent badly off target passes.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

And the rest mate. 

International regular

70ish caps in the prem, including champions League experience

I think you missed the reference.....

It was more to do with appreciating what we have because when they've gone you really miss what they brought to the team

16 hours ago, deep blue said:

I hate that sort of comment. Are you implying that he can't improve his ball control and passing while with us, or that if he does he should immediately transfer to a "top" club? For a supposed supporter you show little respect for our club. 

Not at all.

But if he does improve his ball control and passing, then a top 4 club will come in for him. It's fairly obvious that if he had minimal flaws to his game then the top clubs would want him, just as they did Kante.

Also don't patronise me about showing respect for 'our' club, bore off.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

30 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

It means that it was not a coincidence that Ndidi played better because Hamza played with him in a three CM formation! Thought it was clear.

Today, Ndidi’s lack of skills is shown again without Hamza ...

The entire team plays differently in a three CM formation, but do not know what else you are going on about because Ndidi has played well in this half...

Edited by NaijaFox

2 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

The team plays differently in a three CM formation, but do not know what else you are going on about because Ndidi has played well in this half...

If you compare how much of the ball Ndidi gets compared to Mendy, you will see Mendy gets a lot more of the ball, because he gets into better position to receive the ball and is more comfortable on the ball. It seems like Ndidi almost wants to avoid the ball. When he does get it, his lack of ball control clearly shows and his forward passing is atrocious. He has the right idea with his attempted pass to Vardy but it was not even close. His presence means creativity and link up play is zero behind Maddison, making Maddison and the wingers less effective as a result (even though I think Maddison played ok so far). I am not saying he has done horribly wrong, but he is not the right player for us in this formation where good passing/linkup play with the forwards is much more important in his position. I think Hamza can play just as well defensively but is better on the ball. Iborra would also be a better choice to partner Mendy for this game.