Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

We need to talk about Wilfred Ndidi

3 hours ago, Bezzanator89 said:

Starting with a positive, his off the ball work alongside Papy Mendy is brilliant, it's just when he gets possession when he is very suspect. His passing accuracy statistics are very misleading, as I'd not be far wrong when I suggest that a fair proportion of those successful passes are sideways or backwards.

And don't get me started on his shooting boots. He wore them once for his long range strike against Stoke City at home, but other than that, I'd much prefer he leave the goalscoring instinct to those with better scoring reputations. Row Z near enough every time.

Yeah, fully agree.

Did you guys see the pass after he got a pass at the edge of the opposition box as part of a decent build up with 5 or so players in forward positions ready to make a decent move? What did he do?

He instantly hit it back all the way to Morgan who was nearly at the half way line? 

Fans laughed and booed him. 

Unbeleivable.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Players like Kanté are far and few between. And Kanté was simply outstanding, a revelation. Held the whole midfield together.

Lucas Torreira probably comes closest.

His fellow countryman Nandez should be on our shortlist.

Kante was and is an absolute gem.

Cant believe we could not keep him after winning the title. I do feel that it was a let down by him. Yes, he did win again with Chelsea, but why would you not want to stick around with your brothers whom you just won the league together in an unbelievable season? Unless you don’t treasure your brothers. I guess he didn’t.

Vardy should be made a club director in the future. He is loyal and a great man.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Kante was and is an absolute gem.

Cant believe we could not keep him after winning the title. I do feel that it was a let down by him. Yes, he did win again with Chelsea, but why would you not want to stick around with your brothers whom you just won the league together in an unbelievable season? Unless you don’t treasure your brothers. I guess he didn’t.

Vardy should be made a club director in the future. He is loyal and a great man.

Not sure where you get the great man bit from 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

He's been so poor lately. Wonder if it's confidence with him. I do like Ndidi and think he'd be in my strongest XI but he either needs time out, or god forbid, a change of this dire system that he isn't suited to.

The combination of Ndidi and Mendy is what seems to have worsened Wilf's game. He should be played alongside Iborra to benefit from the latters football acumen and experience. 

He was never that good anyway, we just overrated him because he's young and we were desperate to believe we had a replacement for Kante.

His performances this season have been absolutely shocking and I can't believe he is still in the team.

His passing has always been terrible. It's just now he's got Mendy next to him, who can recycle a ball well, it's starting to really show. Would still bench him and go Mendy-Silva for a while. You don't have the career Silva has had without being a good player, and we need someone like him capable of playing line breaking passes

• Like 2

Another that seems to get picked regardless. Evans has played well, we've kept clean sheets, yet as soon as Maguire is back he's back in. Ndidi has been consistently poor but not dropped yet. What does it say?

9 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Yeah, fully agree.

Did you guys see the pass after he got a pass at the edge of the opposition box as part of a decent build up with 5 or so players in forward positions ready to make a decent move? What did he do?

He instantly hit it back all the way to Morgan who was nearly at the half way line? 

Fans laughed and booed him. 

Unbeleivable.

I think that's his biggest problem. The best players win the ball and look to be positive,  Ndidi's 1st thought seems to be to pass backwards or to the man next to him. He needs a ball player next to him or he looks average.  The problem we have is that both Iborra and Silva aren't effective in a 2 man mf. The only option therefore is to play 3 in mf, which i don't think Puel wants to do. 

10 hours ago, Beechey said:

Playing in a three seems to take a lot of the pressure off him, excellent today. Would have loved that first half shot to have gone in.

Hi passing accuracy was still only 72% (the same as Hamza) compared to Mendy on 92%. 

In context his passing % was above the team average. 

Edited by fleckneymike

On ‎16‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 18:30, Fox92 said:

Another that seems to get picked regardless. Evans has played well, we've kept clean sheets, yet as soon as Maguire is back he's back in. Ndidi has been consistently poor but not dropped yet. What does it say?

It says Evans and Soyuncu are new Drago's.     

Has had plenty of stick this season.

Has still won plenty of tackles to nullify opposition attack.

His passing though most of the time is safe/backwards.

V Man City , can you guys remember the bizarre instance we broke on the right hand side and Wilf although with about 20 yards to run into , stopped and looked backwards. It was only the 30000 fans willing him forwards that he actually did eventually decide to go forward with it.

I was flabbergasted 

11 minutes ago, Rigga said:

Has had plenty of stick this season.

Has still won plenty of tackles to nullify opposition attack.

His passing though most of the time is safe/backwards.

V Man City , can you guys remember the bizarre instance we broke on the right hand side and Wilf although with about 20 yards to run into , stopped and looked backwards. It was only the 30000 fans willing him forwards that he actually did eventually decide to go forward with it.

I was flabbergasted 

Barely anyone was ahead of him. Wilf was doing the correct thing, get us up the pitch and allow us to get some possession in(you can’t constantly chase the other team for 90mins). The crowd got on his back & he ended up losing the ball trying to play it forward. 

Edited by OhYesNdidi
  • Like 3