Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

We need to talk about Wilfred Ndidi

22 minutes ago, matty98 said:

He doesn't suit how we play at all, he needs to be playing in a counter attacking team that press high up.

No idea what's happened to his shooting, wasn't he known for his long shots before he came here?

No. He had one long shot wonder goal and that was it.

And yes, he does not suit to play in the EPL. He is so sh*t in his technical skills he should not play even in the championship. He is really league 1 quality.

On 10/12/2018 at 21:48, turtmcfly said:

No. But his passing completion rate's around 75%, which means roughly 3 times as often as not there is a point to him winning it. Which he does quite a lot ...

Yes.  But if it's not straight back to the player who passed him it, it's normally a safe pass backwards. Nothing at all attacking

• Like 1

His standard has dropped for sure this season. We dont need him and Mendy on the field at the same time and need to really be thinking of getting a decent attacking MF, he needs to fighting with Mendy for the other spot, which i would like to think would give him a kick up the bum to improve. 

Starting with a positive, his off the ball work alongside Papy Mendy is brilliant, it's just when he gets possession when he is very suspect. His passing accuracy statistics are very misleading, as I'd not be far wrong when I suggest that a fair proportion of those successful passes are sideways or backwards.

And don't get me started on his shooting boots. He wore them once for his long range strike against Stoke City at home, but other than that, I'd much prefer he leave the goalscoring instinct to those with better scoring reputations. Row Z near enough every time.

He’s shooting for goal because the goals have dried up elsewhere. He’s a quality, young player and will only improve. Is he trying to be the complete footballer too early? Defensively very sound, but also trying to replicate Drinkwater’ long passing game.  Papa is playing well but maybe an Ndidi/Iborra combo to have the defence and passing sorted?

3 hours ago, Blue'nWhiteFox said:

We need a type of player like n'golo kante. He was worth so much more for us than he now is for Chelsea. We should have offered him a salary corresponding to how much he was worth to our team, and skipped severals of the replacements we bought. 

Players like Kanté are far and few between. And Kanté was simply outstanding, a revelation. Held the whole midfield together.

Lucas Torreira probably comes closest.

His fellow countryman Nandez should be on our shortlist.