Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

2018 Deathlist

18 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Would be a bit tasteless to stage a funfair in response to someone's death, wouldn't it? 

A few of us did give him a bit of fanfare, though (Deathlist 2017, p.22) :D

Certainly a legendary original rock'n'roll/boogie icon, great musician and great singer, though. :thumbup:

Tbf, though, his pizzas were crap. 

• Haha 1

On 1/20/2018 at 13:47, Mike Oxlong said:

Hopefully not out of the frying pan into the fire.

I suppose he might be cremated so the "fire" bit might apply.

But I doubt that he committed suicide by throwing himself into one of his frying pans. Would certainly have been dramatic, highly symbolic and professionally relevant if he had...

8 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

I suppose he might be cremated so the "fire" bit might apply.

But I doubt that he committed suicide by throwing himself into one of his frying pans. Would certainly have been dramatic, highly symbolic and professionally relevant if he had...

I'd love to see a frying pan big enough!

41 minutes ago, foxoffderby said:

Really enjoyed his commentary on the radio 

Yeah me too. My Dad talks fondly of him as a player but for me he was always a great pundit and co commentator on Radio 2 and then 5 live.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, separator said:

Mark E Smith of The Fall passed. RIP, what a legend he was.

Unique and irreplaceable, something that can be said about relatively few artistes.

Not an easy man to work with, by most accounts, but what a body of work he leaves - brilliant stuff dating back 40+ years.

Difficult to imagine him Resting In Peace, though - RIP it up and start again...he'll be twiddling with the furnace settings in hell already!

• Like 3

I can't be bothered to look through and see what's taken and this roll over nonsense means it's not a thread for new players so I'm just picking who I want and screw the rules.

The Queen (could be anything)

Simon Cowell (lung cancer)

Stephen Fry (heart attack)

Michael Cain (stroke)

Ben Shapeiro (mobbed at talk)

Under 40:

Meghan Markle (Dianna style conspiracy)

10 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Ken Dodd isn't in the best of health..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-42825902

I'd be sad if Doddy went as I feel an odd family connection to him.

When I was about 6 (late 60s), I remember my Grandma putting his show on TV for me when we arrived. This was a novelty as we didn't have a TV at home.

So, Doddy has always been a connection to my long-gone Grandma, just as Alistair Cooke was a connection to my Grandpa (he listened avidly to "Letter from America" as most of his brothers/sisters had emigrated there).

A few years ago, my soon-to-be-ex-wife dragged me along to a Doddy show at De Montfort Hall. To my surprise, I was quite enjoying it (I do like crap jokes) but she then insisted on leaving after half an hour as she thought he was rubbish! 

• Like 1