Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Claridge

Vardy to Man Utd

58 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Fairly sure they could live close to Manchester and him still play for Leicester if it meant that much to her.

The last comment was in jest ....  but I still believe she is a big influence on what he decides to do.

51 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Is this the same influence she supposedly had when he was certain to join Arsenal because she liked the bright lights of London?

Maybe she changed her mind ..  not him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZeGuy said:

Paper shit ..   Obviously a potential huge move for him but I can't see it happen. 

You sound VERY confident ...

1 hour ago, ZeGuy said:

I'd be truly gutted if it does happen though.

Well you did for about 10 seconds ...   :)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

The last comment was in jest ....  but I still believe she is a big influence on what he decides to do.

Maybe she changed her mind ..  not him.

I did think it might be, but some people don’t come out with some rubbish on here  so I wasn’t sure :P

Yeah I’m sure she does too, and being a Man Utd WAG might give her a better status than being a Leicester City WAG (in her head). 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

I did think it might be, but some people don’t come out with some rubbish on here  so I wasn’t sure :P

Yeah I’m sure she does too, and being a Man Utd WAG might give her a better status than being a Leicester City WAG (in her head). 

Good point ...   in terms of waggyness that’s probably as high as she thinks her man could take her ...    

20 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

You sound VERY confident ...

Well you did for about 10 seconds ...   :)

Yeah I'm pretty confident even if obviously no one can be 100% sure.

Mourinho just bid for Sanchez and I can't see him change the way ManU play just to accommodate Vardy. Unless he just sees him as alternative from the bench. ManU's problem lies elsewhere.

How United's Vardy inquiry played out...

We imagine it went something like this...

JM: “Hi, Jon. Jose here. Can we talk about Jamie?”

JR: “No.”

JM: “Please...”

JR: “No.”

JM: “Pretty £35m please?”

JR: “No. Jamie prefers scoring against you than for you.”

JM: “Clown.”

JR: “Goodbye, Jose. Have fun catching Pep.”

From the Leicester Mercury

• Haha 2

Just a reminder of an interview from September ( 4 months ago).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/09/06/jamie-vardy-turning-arsenaldoesnt-mean-wouldnt-look-another/

Jamie Vardy: 'Turning down Arsenal doesn’t mean I wouldn’t look at another offer'

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  Matt Law, football news correspondent 
6 SEPTEMBER 2017 • 10:30PM

It may be the most remarkable story in Premier League history, but Jamie Vardy has insisted that one winners’ medal is not enoughand has not ruled out a move away from Leicester City if another big offer comes his way.

Vardy has spent the summer trying to launch the careers of 42 non-League hopefuls, who dream of following in his footsteps, through his V9 Academy.

Despite the fact he has been trying to find the ‘next Jamie Vardy’, the man himself is not ready to accept that his own journey is complete and is desperate to win more silverware – at Leicester or elsewhere.

Vardy insists he will never regret turning down Arsenal, even though the Gunners won the FA Cup last season, and could be open to adding another chapter to his story by making a high-profile move either in England or overseas.

“I want to win as much as possible, I don’t want to only have one Premier League medal in my drawer at home – it would be an empty glass cabinet,” said Vardy. “I want to win as much as possible. I’m contracted to Leicester and we will see how high we can go. In the future, who knows?

It was my choice to turn Arsenal down. But if another offer came in, it would be the same in that I would look at it and work out the pros and cons. But, no, turning down Arsenal doesn’t mean I wouldn’t look at another offer.

Vardy in action against Malta
Vardy played for England against Malta CREDIT: AFP

“Down the road, there might be an opportunity to go to America or China. It would be something I would like to experience. I've seen other players do it. I know it will involve moving the family again, but it will give them a different experience to see different cultures.”

When it was put to Vardy that he would also have an FA Cup winners’ medal if he had joined Arsenal, the 30-year-old replied: “But it weren’t the Premier League was it? So I’m all right with that I think. I’ll never regret anything I’ve chosen to do.”

Asked what his reasons were for rejecting the Gunners, Vardy added: “It was just coming up with the positives and negatives, and I came up with a decision and I’m pleased with the decision I made.

“They had qualified for the Champions League for the last 20 years or something, until last year. That was something to think about. But Leicester were also in the Champions League and on a different night at home against Atletico Madrid we could have gone even further.”

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

I can see how they want them. Vardy has the workman grit that big clubs lack when they're trying to beat each other. While Lukaku is viewed as a flat track bully, Vardy is the giant slayer.

I actually think they could be Lethal together....

2 hours ago, Bozman said:

Not even a thread open on red cafe, so its not happening ..

Mixed reception on some of the threads too...

A7AA8804-3D0C-44A2-94FD-53B7D49CD6EC.thumb.png.a35b1ee410ba18cb649c073e77e683be.png

"antics" being, made 2 assists, scored one and won two penalties (one unquestionable) on his Premier League debut; and SINGLEHANDEDLY SMASHED their long-standing superiority complex + essentially ended 3 Utd careers in one afternoon. 

C04EFC05-A81E-4117-8D47-3D70D3E51632.thumb.png.ce370173421ffb3cf93565ac2f212b8a.png

27 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Mixed reception on some of the threads too...

A7AA8804-3D0C-44A2-94FD-53B7D49CD6EC.thumb.png.a35b1ee410ba18cb649c073e77e683be.png

"antics" being, made 2 assists, scored one and won two penalties (one unquestionable) on his Premier League debut; and SINGLEHANDEDLY SMASHED their long-standing superiority complex + essentially ended 3 Utd careers in one afternoon. 

C04EFC05-A81E-4117-8D47-3D70D3E51632.thumb.png.ce370173421ffb3cf93565ac2f212b8a.png

Well that’s a mixed bag ! ...   Horrible racist !?! ....      I’d have thought the Mancs would have wanted all the help they could get to not slip even further behind the light blue half of the city.  

I think he knows if he was to leave Leicester he wouldn't be starting in any top six team. If Vardy didn't play regularly then he'd lose his famous pace I think. 

As much as I don't dislike his wife, I do believe should could play a factor in all this.

Edited by Leicesterpool

Man Utd fans would never stoop as low as calling someone a Jap, they only go as low as laughing at dead people. But that's ok cos they're only scousers.

Whom, ironically, they don't like because they're scousers.

Edited by Kitchandro

On 1/12/2018 at 07:43, Heymister2015 said:

If it was £35m it would be a no brainer for vardy and Leicester. As a club we need to freshen up and move on from the title team. We have a really nice group coming through with Maguire, Chilwell, gray, Ndidi etc. So it certainly wouldnt be the end of the world 

It would be a bad move to give this recruitment lot any cash to buy anyone.  An influx of cash from transfers would be better spent on Puel developing a new scouting network.  Otherwise another 35m will be pissed away on another Turkey.

On 1/12/2018 at 12:36, Babylon said:

The Times don't use their main sports reporter to repeat stuff from a tabloid.  Show us the article that came before his and we'll talk.

And no, sources don't get quoted very often at all. Because clubs and players don't talk about the transfers in the open very open. The information gets leaked to reporters mostly on the basis of them nit revealing their sources.

How often did John Percy give a source?

I should clarify I also mean broadsheets, so when I said tabloids I meant any 'printed press'.

Sources get quoted on factual stories, they dont get quoted on speculative stories.

Since most stories in the printed press are speculative then yes most stories in the printed press have no credible source.

I used to read the printed press at break at work, as it was something to do, but they not the places to go for facts.

My opinion is most of the basis behind transfer stories in the printed press are.

1 - Complete speculation, just a way to fill a page, could be based on educated guesses by looking at odds on betting sites, past reports etc.

2 - Players agents leaking lies to the press, to try and unsettle their clients ultimately to try and force a move, they may also do it on behalf of their clients, again to try and make it look like a player is available on the market and to lure clubs into bid.

3 - The potential buying club leaking a story about a bid been made to unsettle the player. 

4 - Clubs about to play target club may leak lie to press to try and unsettle the player in the match. 

Other possibilities but I think are unlikely.

1 - Someone working at either club on a potential deal leaking story without authorisation, reason I think this is unlikely is it wouldnt be hard for a club to find the leak and then fire their ass, not worth the risk for an employee.

2 - The player.

Occasionally the papers get it right, probably by luck more than anything.

Vardy to manchester united is just stupid, the value to us is way more than what they would pay, and I dont even see why they would want him.

Edited by Chrysalis