Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

City 5-1 The Posh FA Cup 4 Round Post Match Thread

It's starting to become a real joy - the realisation that we actually have strength in depth now. And it makes our title win even more remarkable when you realise that we had no strength in depth whatsoever that year!??

Yes, it was against a 3rd Tier club. But worth considering that it was an away fixture in the F.A. Cup, with the potential for the historic "Minnows assume Giant Killers role". Together with the debut of Diabate and Nacho up front, highly impressive I thought.

For me now, it can't be denied that Puel is proving himself to be at least a level above Pearson and Ranieri. Regardless of where we end up, the guy is showing real quality as a manager.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SuperMike said:

Sorry, folks, but I thought Benalouane was excellent! :D

I'm with this nutter. The way he booted it up in the air, almost played the man on the moon clean through a couple of times.

Seriously, today Benny showed how far we have progressed defensively. Remember when he was our best chance at passing it out from the back.

I am of course extremely wary that game time can change a player immeasurably a la iheanacho, but on that showing he ain't getting anywhere near a premier league start.

38 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

That really is extremely disappointing. I was hoping for something like Henry VIIIth walks into a pub with Scotsman, an Irishman and a  pig ........

"Two whiskeys for my colonial friends" says Henry, "And a bucket of swill for the pig"

"I'm sorry" says the landlord, "we dont serve spirits"

23 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

His ethnicity is Algerian/North African/Arab. Saying his ethnicity is African is rather like saying your ethnicity is European (and apologies if your ethnicity isn't based in Europe!). This is why he gets so many love letters from Algerian fans hoping he'll sign for a 'big' club sooner or later.

Sorry I was talking about Diabate. And my ethnicity is European. The English are the Anglos, Saxons and Normans. The Angles are Danish. The Saxons are Germans. The Normans, French. Even the Celts are European. It's generally pointless to call me ethnically European, or Mahrez North African. Although both Diabate and Mahrez may be more inspirational to young people in African than I am to Europeans!

Great day, great win. Dominant. Brilliant team selection. Diabate top top player can tell hes going to be a superstar. Technically superb, ball control, passing, vision, craft, pace. The boy has it all.

Rest of the lads put in a good shift. Lets hope for a good draw in the fifth round.

Right side outclassed the left side today too ;):P

34 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

I really thought it was going to be me!

i was in the toilet before the start and my phone rang and it was my mate asking me where I was.

”I’m with cock In hand”stopped the call.

finished my slash and said “fooking estate agents”

tbf the the rest of the slash brigade thought it was funny,but I guess you had to be there.

ps I’m 6ft 4 and receding slightly 

If that's all you said they probably think you're a right w@nker!  :D

I do love a bit of foxestalk hyperbole.

Pre match - well that's us out, crap line up, benny is awful. 

Post match - our strength in depth is amazing and we have discovered the next Messi. 

Seriouslt though fair play to Diabate. I've seen a few saying Silva was poor. I thought he was excellent - buzzed about, always available and played some lovely passes. He made a few errors but on one he recovered very well and you can clearly see him saying give me a shout!

only downside was gray - on the ball a lot, bags of technical ability but awful decision making. That needs to improve and almost became more concerned with scoring than making the right calls. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

i thought gray was really good? always a threat and most our good moves came from him finding space and driving forward with the ball. 

I thought Puel pulled him inside to catch a big hole the Posh left and he got involved a lot more. We obviously both watch the same off the ball game.

6 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

I thought Puel pulled him inside to catch a big hole the Posh left and he got involved a lot more. We obviously both watch the same off the ball game.

yeah, obviously end product wasn't always there (although he was involved in a few of the goals), but constantly getting from the centre circle to the edge of their box in rapid time pretty much every time he got the ball was good to see. saw their weakness and just went for the jugular every time. much better than receiving the ball and just knocking it off every time. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

yeah, obviously end product wasn't always there (although he was involved in a few of the goals), but constantly getting from the centre circle to the edge of their box in rapid time pretty much every time he got the ball was good to see. saw their weakness and just went for the jugular every time. much better than receiving the ball and just knocking it off every time. 

Not really seen him much in the centre circle apart from today. His pace with the ball is what fits with us. The lad will only get better.

But he is cocky little so and so.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Liverpool dumped out this round, Arsenal in the last! Spurs lucky to survive...

In with a decent shout this year. Hopefully we can avoid the Manchester clubs in the next round.

There's only four of the top six in it now.  Either we win it, or we need one of Man City, Man United, Chelsea or Spurs to win it - and finish seventh.

Just now, ScouseFox said:

god danny murphy is a worm isn’t he. diabate plays well which “proves mahrez will be on his way”. there is so much wrong with that. 

I was about to say a similar thing. 

Laughable analysis

"I think this will mean Mahrez is on his way" 

what cos Diabete had a good game that must mean Mahrez is leaving?

haha what a penis

• Haha 2

Oh my days. Danny Murphy is such a wank pheasant. "Diabatè has played one game in the cup so mahrez must be off" got absolutely nothing to do with the fact we have 4 players for 3 positions and could possibly want to strengthen that could it you ****ing idiot. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Oh my days. Danny Murphy is such a wank pheasant. "Diabatè has played one game in the cup so mahrez must be off" got absolutely nothing to do with the fact we have 4 players for 3 positions and could possibly want to strengthen that could you ****ing idiot. 

And that was the most complementary I have heard him when speaking about us 

6 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

god danny murphy is a worm isn’t he. diabate plays well which “proves mahrez will be on his way”. there is so much wrong with that. 

I think he must be on a retainer from Mahrez’s agent. Every ducking week he has to give a reason why Mahrez should leave. It’s either, ‘he’s not happy here and needs to be around better players ‘ or he plays a blinder and ‘he’s too good for Leiceater, he should move ‘ and now he doesn’t even play but finds a reason to say he’s going!! Seriously, someone need to investigate his finances! Did one of our players shag his wife or what???

Edited by holyfox
Typo
  • Haha 1