Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

City 5-1 The Posh FA Cup 4 Round Post Match Thread

Played well. Slight drop after half time when they decided the game was won but took control of the game again straight after. Happy. 

@Line-X just to respond to your last reply. My original post was referring to the the little dip you just mentioned when we thought the game was won. I'm pretty sure we're agreeing 

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

After one performance you can’t say that, gray has had quality games too... still diabate was brilliant and if he does that in the Orem regularly then he will be ahead 

diabate was great today, not ok, not good but great. gray is off lately, i would pick diabate over him atm

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Played well. Slight drop after half time when they decided the game was won but took control of the game again straight after. Happy. 

@Line-X just to respond to your last reply. My original post was referring to the the little dip you just mentioned when we thought the game was won. I'm pretty sure we're agreeing 

Fair comment, although Posh capitalised on this lapse I felt that they came at us admirably and irrespective of our dip in concentration and tempo clearly came out and pushed high. They couldn't sustain it though when City upped their game again. 

On a different note, so frustrating I have to double the volume on the telly every time Puel is interviewed. 

Sweet, sweet football in the first half, but foot off gas for first half hour of the second.

Thought Silva looked brilliant for half an hour, then he started making mistakes and didn’t really recover. I’m sure he’ll come good though. Very impressed with Diabate. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him giving DG a bit of competition for a first team spot. Nacho starting to look good too. Barnes much improved on his Fleetwood showing.

All in all, good to see the depth that we now have in the squad. No need to sign anyone, just keep what we have.

• Like 1

Fantastic debut from Diabate, he's going to be a star for us

Almost as impressive was how the team gelled, that was a mishmash of first teamers, one or two coming back from injury, new player in Diabate and fringe players and it just worked brilliantly. Shame we conceded but overall a great performance

• Like 2

Peterborough are poor defensively

lets not go overboard. Diabate was good considering it was his debut - he went fairly quiet when we were struggling for 15 minutes second half. 

the pundits are morons. Who was playing outfield that wouldn’t be a starter in the prem? Benny, Diabate and nacho. That’s all. 

1 minute ago, ScouseFox said:

i thought gray was really good? always a threat and most our good moves came from him finding space and driving forward with the ball. 

People are concerned with his vision on the ball, he doesn’t seem to use it well despite being able to get himself into some good positions in and around the box. Will he learn? if he does he will be class for sure 

Just now, ScouseFox said:

i thought gray was really good? always a threat and most our good moves came from him finding space and driving forward with the ball. 

enjoyed that but some of his passing and shots was a bit lacklustre. Wasn't the worst game but expected more when others were performing better. 

3 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Thought Silva looked brilliant for half an hour, then he started making mistakes and didn’t really recover. I’m sure he’ll come good though.

I’d agree with you. What I’d say about him is that if could do it for a full 90 consistently he’d literally be in the Kroos / Modric category. I think why we’ve managed to get him is that he is good but not right at the very top. 

But it still a very good player who has impressed me thus far.