Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Usafox1

Ndidi to Liverpool

11 minutes ago, mad biker said:

One thing we do know for certain is that our owners will only sell IF they think it`s good for the club, no team can simply take our players, "so called" big club or not they will get the same response as Man City,  SOD OFF  :-)

presumably his contract is only around 30k/week

it’s one thing refusing to sell him but surely he should be offered a salary commensurate with his importance to the team?  I hope we are pushing this rather than waiting for his representatives to approach us. I think wilf is the kind of person who would appreciate this in the future. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wookie said:

We bought him for about £15m so if we make £10m profit we should sell

I doubt in today's market we'd sell our best centre mid for £25m. And as I always say, its not about his market value, its about his value to our club. Who are we going to get better than him for £25m?

1 hour ago, jayfox26 said:

I doubt in today's market we'd sell our best centre mid for £25m. And as I always say, its not about his market value, its about his value to our club. Who are we going to get better than him for £25m?

He is $60 mil all day, everyday  & at todays exploding market values that is probably too cheap.

Worth way more to us !!

Edited by gurru991

We'll have paid 25m for him (after including all add ons, i'm sure he's fulfilled most of them). And that was when he was a relative unknown from Belgium.

Our players get new contracts with pay rises at 21, Gray turned 21 first and had his sorted, Chilwell + Ndidi have now turned 21 too and will get theirs this summer. This story must be partially agent driven. Either way we aren't selling. His current market value is 60m+ according to those football observatory people, we'll want significantly more than that - probably 80m+ but even then only if he actually tried to push for a move (which he won't). 4 years left on current contract with no release clause.

Edited by brucey

15 minutes ago, brucey said:

We paid 25m for him (including all add ons, i'm sure he's fulfilled most of them). And that was when he was a relative unknown from Belgium.

Our players get new contracts with pay rises at 21, Gray turned 21 first and had his sorted, Chilwell + Ndidi have now turned 21 too and will get theirs this summer. This story must be partially agent driven. Either way we aren't selling. His current market value is 60m+ according to those football observatory people, we'll want significantly more than that - probably 80m+ but even then only if he actually tried to push for a move (which he won't). 4 years left on current contract with no release clause.

Great post.

Wilfred Ndidi is deeply religous, his wife though attractive is not your typical wag, she is the kind of woman me or you could pull in fan club on a particularly good night! What I'm trying to say is he does not come across as the type of bloke to chase money, fast cars and fast women. He comes across as incredibly hard working decent young bloke. He seems to love it here so maybe just maybe we can convince him to sign a new deal and keep him for a few years.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Wilfred Ndidi is deeply religous, his wife though attractive is not your typical wag, she is the kind of woman me or you could pull in fan club on a particularly good night! What I'm trying to say is he does not come across as the type of bloke to chase money, fast cars and fast women. He comes across as incredibly hard working decent young bloke. He seems to love it here so maybe just maybe we can convince him to sign a new deal and keep him for a few years.

Probably all true but I suspect he has an agent who doesn’t go to church and has a very expensive wife ................

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Probably all true but I suspect he has an agent who doesn’t go to church and has a very expensive wife ................

His missus is a very down-to-earth and low maintenance university student. I think she studies something like Politics/International Relations at a UK university.

Edited by brucey
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm sure I read that his agent said there was nothing in the Liverpool rumour.I don't think he will go in any event but you can be sure there will be interest in him at some point over the summer.Not to mention Mahrez Vardy and Maguire in other words the backbone of the team.Would not put a price on Ndidi he is still on a long contract and is developing well with us.

On 17.02.2018 at 15:22, Wymeswold fox said:

Are they signing someone from Leipzig, who plays in a similar role, with a deal alreafy agreed in the summer?

Naby Keita is not a defensive midfielder and has never played as one for Leipzig.

For lack of better qualification he's like a deep lying attacking midfielder. He has defensive stats like the best defensive midfielders and attacking stats like the best attacking midfielders. There is no way any rational coach would limit him to a purely defensive midfielder role. 

He's basically the full package - the closest thing there ever was to him was Michael Essien prime, but Naby Keita is a classy dribbler.

• Like 1

Will has been great this season and I hope he stays with us. For me he should be the player of the season unless his form drops off alarmingly. Clear top tackler in the Premier League according to Opta well ahead of Ngolo who I think is number two. I don't think he's the absolute top level yet, he needs to work on shooting but as others have said Klopp can do one, he has players coming out of his ears in that position.  

He needs a new  contract sorting and signing before the vultures come asking in the summer, dangle him the carrot now before he gets unsettled.

He needs to be right up there with the top earners, so give him the money and a new 5 year deal with no clause...

I think we proved with Mahrez that we're no pushovers. £30m is a pisstake. The way this market is going (BECAUSE of clubs like Liverpool and Man City), anything under £100m from this summer onwards is insulting. 

Also, there's no way that we'll let more than one crucial part leave per window.