Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Bournemouth post match 1-1

That was shite, again...

firstly, a great strike from Mahrez but we were poor yet again and have picked 3 points up from Stoke, Swansea and Bournemouth. A bit of Mahrez magic earned us a point today, a bit of magic which won’t be around by Autumn. We have lost pace and purpose, Puel is sticking with the same team which isn’t working. Vardy is becoming isolated which means we are lacking a cutting edge in the final third, there is no link between the midfield and the attack, I actually thought Iheanacho looked good when he came on. Hate to state the obvious and mimick this forum but Matty James just isn’t PL quality and Silva really hasn’t set the world alight, although give him time and he should be ok. I challenge Puel right now purely because nobody is taking charge in the centre, Ndidi is only a young (I actually thought he was very good today) and as discussed above with James and Silva, we are getting overrun in the middle. Iborra is a born leader with many trophies at Sevilla. We’ve been poor of late, I’m not trying to naively deny that but those calling for Puel to go are stupid, give him these last 10 games or and give him a transfer window to make a legacy at Leicester and then make a judgment.

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Overrated expectations. Nailed  on 7th..never!!! Possibility yes. 

Fair belief on top 9.Too many underrating other Teams,leanings on that arrogance,

We so hated so much  from other Forums,over the previous  years!!

No Matter who or how we Play, our group of Players ,are not consistently enough,or

able at present to hold any type of Form.

So easy to JUMP on a Manager,trying to Implement Change,from a stagnant bbone of Players.

with Newbies also not, actually breaking Windows...Silva Iborra.Then Ndidi indifferent.

Not even a Player Like Mahrez,is strong enough to Pull us through

Then a new Messiah expectations on a 22yr old Diabate,  Like Gray and also Silva before him.

I actually expect Puel,will Turn it around,

thoughIf must be said  not an high % of our present Squad,are giving

anything of a Roll of consistent performances,to warrant confidence that they are near top 8 PL quality .

Not forgetting,10 Games ago many on this Site were ranting ,what a good Squad we were  Building..

We have a good squad, the issue is the manager, not the players. We have a far better squad than anyone else outside of the top 6 and any decent manager should be getting us into the top 7. Puel may still do that but our recent performances have been terrible. We have the best centre back, best winger, best striker and one of the best centre mids outside  the top 6 but yet we put in dreadful performances like today. Maybe I want to much, but is it too much to ask that we beat teams like Bournemouth, Stoke, palace and Swansea at home. Burnley are above us and we have a far better squad than they have. Easy to blame the players but if the manager isn't picking the right team and playing to the strenghs of the players he has then the buck stops with him. Of course the players have some responsibility for our recent poor form but it's clear to see that Puel is not instilling confidence in either the players or the fans. 

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, the fox said:

Is it fair to say this is our goal of the season so far?

ezgif_2_603f6284b1.gif

Wow! I was in P3 and had no idea it swerve that much. Is this clip computer generated?

2 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

We have a good squad, the issue is the manager, not the players. We have a far better squad than anyone else outside of the top 6 and any decent manager should be getting us into the top 7. Puel may still do that but our recent performances have been terrible. We have the best centre back, best winger, best striker and one of the best centre mids outside  the top 6 but yet we put in dreadful performances like today. Maybe I want to much, but is it too much to ask that we beat teams like Bournemouth, Stoke, palace and Swansea at home. Burnley are above us and we have a far better squad than they have. Easy to blame the players but if the manager isn't picking the right team and playing to the strenghs of the players he has then the buck stops with him. Of course the players have some responsibility for our recent poor form but it's clear to see that Puel is not instilling confidence in either the players or the fans. 

So your selected team will Automatically  get the best Out of The squad,and Your selected Players,would of

Seen us Picking Up...12pts,Out of the team's mentioned.playing obviously far better Football.

And WE would now be 7pts clear in 7th,breathing down Arsenals Neck...

Puel..Out!!!   Jayfox26...in.!!!

If Highly Professional people considered top Quality in their field  need a quality Manager to perform,

over easy periods,...we really do have a problem....In our sporting/life ambitions.

27 minutes ago, the fox said:

ezgif_2_603f6284b1.gif

Lovely free kick. Only under this angle one can appreciate how great the shot was. Quality.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Such a wildly immature post if only life where that easy.

When did Football ever respect quality or standing. To follow your logic Man City should sack Guadiola because they lost to Wigan in the Cup. Both life and Management is much more complex than that.

There's no doubt Mahrez gate has had a negative effect on the squad. It could well be that some aren't happy that he appeared to get away with how he behaved.  But that's life shit happens and you have to get on with it.

Puel isn't responsible for any of it yet he's expected to work miracles with a squad he's inherited., Give the man a break.

he has us 8th in the table and trying to play a better class of football possession game.

He hasn't spent 50 mil in January like big Sam at Everton or struggled like Pardew at West Brom. or Lambert at Stoke.

He's doing a decent job while getting to know the players and trying to access the squad in the process. Yes, some of his selections seem strange even to me like leaving out Iborra, But has anyone considered he may have been instructed to because of the cloud hanging over him from the fixing scandal in Spain. Just a thought.

He didn't buy Iborra, Silva or Ineanacho, yet he's expected to try and integrate them into the squad simply because they cost big money. Gray hasn't kicked on and flatters to deceive . The squad for all it's talent lacks guile, pace and physicality, This I'm sure will be addressed in the Summer.

Puel has to be given the time, at the very least this Summer to bring in his own players in.

The possession game is the way forward simply because statistics prove that possession teams win more games because they eventually wear teams down. Has anyone realized most of our results come late in games for this very reason.

Morgan is Team Captain and so makes it difficult for him to be dropped, especially for a player who is on loan.

Management is not easy it requires a different vision and mental approach than a Fans perspective.

Yes, I'm as frustrated as anyone with results, But I'm happier with where we are now than when we were in league one or the Championship both as a Team and a Club.

Do I think Puel is the answer, Truth is I don't know. What I am sure off is he's a better Coach than any or his predecessors. What's still unknown is his ability to find and attract the right players to the Club to take us to the next level. 

For that reason he deserves a chance and our support in the meantime. Sometimes in life you have to take a step backwards to move forward. Only time will tell.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, the fox said:

ezgif_2_603f6284b1.gif

Vardy v Spurs?

9 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Such a wildly immature post if only life where that easy.

When did Football ever respect quality or standing. To follow your logic Man City should sack Guadiola because they lost to Wigan in the Cup. Both life and Management is much more complex than that.

There's no doubt Mahrez gate has had a negative effect on the squad. It could well be that some aren't happy that he appeared to get away with how he behaved.  But that's life shit happens and you have to get on with it.

Puel isn't responsible for any of it yet he's expected to work miracles with a squad he's inherited., Give the man a break.

he has us 8th in the table and trying to play a better class of football possession game.

He hasn't spent 50 mil in January like big Sam at Everton or struggled like Pardew at West Brom. or Lambert at Stoke.

He's doing a decent job while getting to know the players and trying to access the squad in the process. Yes, some of his selections seem strange even to me like leaving out Iborra, But has anyone considered he may have been instructed to because of the cloud hanging over him from the fixing scandal in Spain. Just a thought.

He didn't buy Iborra, Silva or Ineanacho, yet he's expected to try and integrate them into the squad simply because they cost big money. Gray hasn't kicked on and flatters to deceive . The squad for all it's talent lacks guile, pace and physicality, This I'm sure will be addressed in the Summer.

Puel has to be given the time, at the very least this Summer to bring in his own players in.

The possession game is the way forward simply because statistics prove that possession teams win more games because they eventually wear teams down. Has anyone realized most of our results come late in games for this very reason.

Morgan is Team Captain and so makes it difficult for him to be dropped, especially for a player who is on loan.

Management is not easy it requires a different vision and mental approach than a Fans perspective.

Yes, I'm as frustrated as anyone with results, But I'm happier with where we are now than when we were in league one or the Championship both as a Team and a Club.

Do I think Puel is the answer, Truth is I don't know. What I am sure off is he's a better Coach than any or his predecessors. What's still unknown is his ability to find and attract the right players to the Club to take us to the next level. 

For that reason he deserves a chance and our support in the meantime. Sometimes in life you have to take a step backwards to move forward. Only time will tell.

I get your points and a draw at home to Bournemouth isn't the end of the world but 3 consecutive home draws against bottom half opposition is very poor. I have stuck by Puel when he's been getting criticism recently but we haven't been great for a while now. Yes the Mahrez incident won't have helped but surely we should be over that now and getting results again. It's  all well and good us having possession and having 15 corners every game but it's results that count and recently our results have been poor so Puel rightly is getting criticised. And your comparison to Guardiola losing to Wigan is ridiculous. That was an aborration for Man city, today was not an aborration for us as we have had several poor results recently. 

Edited by jayfox26

1 hour ago, jayfox26 said:

Personally I don't think we have a good squad. I think we have a hotchpotch of ill  matched individuals albeit a number of them have certain skills and capabilites.  That doesn't mean that you have a team, we had a proper team with lesser known cheap journeymen players that were well put together on a budget! With the odd exception our recruitment has been very poor with huge amounts of money thrown at it.

Edited by volpeazzurro

We need to start winning more and we need to improve but we need a little more level headedness on this forum as some of the reactions on here are actually a little mental.

If the roles were exactly reversed today (I mean if you replayed the match to our fans but somehow CGId our players onto theirs so that it looked like the teams were reversed) would our more vocally pessimistic "fans" be saying "Bournemouth are utter dog shit turd w@nk I hate them disgusting performance sack Howe I hate the world my penis is small please somebody just be my friend, kill Begovic"?  Or would they be saying, "they were all over us for the second half and we scored a lucky penalty then we just sat back and let them come on to us and it was inevitable that they would score before the end as Puel should have gone attack, attack, attack after we scored and he is a t0sser and we were lucky only to concede once at the end they were the better team for most the game and they had loads more shots than us and the only way we could score was a fvckin' penno"?  My point is, we were not great and I would like us to attack more and we need to tweak some things and I would hope that we could win games like today but people lose their sh1t on this forum and start basically sh1tting into their hands then putting the recently ejected faecal matter into their mouths then spitting it onto their screens and other people then join in and start smearing said, virtual sh1t into their own mouths.

I have seen some decent constructive criticism today and I have no issue with it and agree with a lot of it but the rest of you come across like you actually have slight issues.  We are not as bad as you claim.  I hope we improve but let's calm down a bit eh?  

Also, I am sitting here, alone, my sad y-fronts stained with yesterday's semen, pot noodle half empty watching Match of the Day and playing Mario Kart in my SNES mini and really, deep down, my rants on here are a desperate cry for help.  Someone, please, come put your arm around me and tell me everything will be OK.  More than anything I just want a friend.  I human contact.  Oh, God what have I become?  X

3 hours ago, Hammo said:

Had Mahrez not conjured up that moment of magic at the end, this would have been a complete and utter shambles.

Like Swansea and Stoke before them, Bournemouth are a bang average team that are well organised defensively but not much else. Had even half of our players performed as they can, we would have won this, but only Maguire had a decent game.

Our passing was atrocious, with Silva the worst culprit. And only Diabate - after his belated introduction - showed any real urgency and quality in attack... until that late face-saver.

Let's hope that equaliser proves to be a turning point because at the moment we are in relegation form and horrible to watch.

If Bournemouth are bang average always how did they win  3-0 at Chelsea  every team has a bogey side and Bournemoth are ours .  Swansea  are in fine form so  we should only  have expected to  beat Stoke out of our last 3

46 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Personally I don't think we have a good squad. I think we have a hotchpotch of ill  matched individuals albeit a number of them have certain skills and capabilites.  That doesn't mean that you have a team, we had a proper team with lesser known cheap journeymen players that were well put together on a budget! With the odd exception our recruitment has been very poor with huge amounts of money thrown at it.

I take your point but compared to the other 13 teams outside the top 6, I feel we have a better squad. Yes we have a few players who aren't good enough but we have genuine quality with Maguire, Ndidi, Mahrez and Vardy. Not many other teams outside the top 6 have 4 top quality players that would be wanted by the 'big clubs'. We loaned out 2 of our players to premier league teams in January so we can't be that bad if other teams in the same league want to take players off us on loan that can't get in our team. And other players that haven't quite lived up to expectations yet like Iheancho and Gray would walk into most teams outside the top 6.