Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

West Brom post match thread 4-1

12 hours ago, Lionator said:

I'm going to stick up for Ben Chilwell, he's young and is now a Premier League regular, he's going to make mistakes, it's all part of his development and over time those mistakes will iron themselves out. Puel is doing the right thing in playing and exposing him, especially now as in the league not much is at stake. As supporters we just have to be patient and allow Puel to build something for the future while trying to do his best in the now.

Great post mate

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

He would never play and go the way of Slim though

I hope Puel is already regretting not having the option of a  Target man coming off the bench- it’s been blatently obvious that was what was needed in a couple of games recently...

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

I hope Puel is already regretting not having the option of a  Target man coming off the bench- it’s been blatently obvious that was what was needed in a couple of games recently...

Yup. Even more so when Iborra has sat on the bench in at least 2 games where we needed extra height in the box to try and get a winner. Complete mystery.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

So he makes a couple of comments a year or so ago and they have to get brought up every time he doesnt play well enough?

A 20 year old kid being impatient? Who'd have thunk it

I havent seen any evidence of what you're talking about in his recent performances. Maybe he doesnt have a fully developed footballing brain yet, but seems to me to be working on things and is keeping his mouth shut and getting on with it.

There is a reason Puel picks him. There is a reason Liverpool were interested in him

I think he's improving steadily and is less selfish aswell , he used to really frustrate me but that's diminished considerably. He steadied Chilwell's nerves and dug him out a few times in that first half. IMO the amount of time he gets on the pitch is justified .

• Like 1

Gray didn’t exactly grab his chance with both hands and I am running out of patience with him. 

However instead of him being more inhibited I want him to go the other way. Run at defenders, commit them. He scares them when he’s direct. 

Definitely has talent and I wouldn’t be discarding him just yet. Especially as we will be without the genius Mahrez next season. 

Vardy's goal technique is insane. The way he concentrated on watching the ball all the way down onto his striking foot (and his weaker foot at that).  You might argue that there was a bit of luck it going into the corner, but Vardy was confident that he knew instinctively where the goal was, and I think that just either side of the keeper would have been good enough; the keeper wasn't expecting the immediate shot and would have been caught flat-footed.

Can't see that goal being beaten for "goal of the season", and that's without even taking into account the quality of Mahrez's pass and the angle & timing of Vardy's run.

8 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

Something clicked at last - it had to have been Iborra.

It was probably more down to West Brom than Iborra, he had a good game but he was also helped by Okazaki and Nacho in front with good link up play, something that was lacking in the last few games with Silva last week and Gray the week before being passengers. He was also helped by West Brom being poor in the middle of the park.

There was a moment when our players stayed on after the final whistle and there was a lonely Soloman Rondon on the field shirtless clapping those left of the West Brom support. 

I really felt for him yesterday - he was the only player for West Brom with any fight and effort. He’s played upfront all alone for them and they give him little support. His goal scoring would be better if he had a central midfield what we’re aware near him.