Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

West Brom post match thread 4-1

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

It was probably more down to West Brom than Iborra, he had a good game but he was also helped by Okazaki and Nacho in front with good link up play, something that was lacking in the last few games with Silva last week and Gray the week before being passengers. He was also helped by West Brom being poor in the middle of the park.

But mostly by the fact we finished our half chances rather than missing them. Quite honestly I didn't see that much more from the team than I had in the three games we drew. Dominant in possession, a dozen shots, going behind first, highest percentage of chances coming in the final 20 minutes. We weren't particularly carving through them again. The pattern of play was primarily focused on going wide and not though the middle. We just had a couple of sensational goals through the centre of the pitch, the sort that happen once in a blue moon for us.

1 hour ago, Gerbold said:

I think he needs to go back on the bench - to allow him some time to watch and to concentrate his effort in the latter stages of the game, within a shorter 'band-width'. This is an Akinbyi situation for me personally. Every game I would will AA to prove himself. I suspect he felt he had an intolerable weight of expectation on him  I keep hoping Gray will make that leap into becoming a key member of the squad. This isn't about me having a downer on him.

Puel has been pretty good with rotation. Given people chances, not written them off. Whether he starts Gray or not next game i dont really mind, think Puel will play anyone and I really like that about him

I do think Gray/Diabate over Albrighton is the way forward

I know he was playing against some dis-heartened dross but Iheanacho looked very decent, not just his goal but the link up play and touch, a different player to the one who couldn't trap a bag of cement against Bournemouth. I think though that the ideal  balance would still be to give Shinji 60 minutes then bring on Nacho until he's had at least a few performances of this type, hopefully the goal has boosted his confidence and made him more composed but I had hoped that after one of the cup games and it didn't really happen. At last we can see a player in there now and can get what was seen in him other than goals per minutes stats at Man City. 

Great result, I sadly couldn't watch the game as I was working the entire day.

Only saw the MOTD highlights and think we did very well by coming back from 1-0 down. Iheanacho was a great choice at CF, coming on for Okazaki. I think he's found his best position right there, being able to act as a link to our central midfield pairing, whilst also adding much-needed goal threat up front. The way he set up Mahrez' goal and then headed in his first PL goal for us was a real joy to watch.

Chilwell was obviously at the hart of Rondon's opener, but made amends with that nice assist for Iheanacho. A back four works best for us, I think.

Iborra the stalwart in the middle of the pitch and Gray made life hard for his West Brom counterparts, dominating our left-hand side of play (look at the BBC heatmaps).

And we finally scored from a corner (again)!

Got to enjoy Mahrez in a Leicester shirt for as long as possible. I'll cut him some slack for the remainder of the season and do hope he'll help us reaching 7th spot, possibly 6th, which would be a great achievement for team caught in transition.

This result should give us a much-needed boost for the FA Cup encounter with Chelsea and the remaining league fixtures. Up the Foxes!

29 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

What did West Brom fans do to piss Vardy off?

I love it. if anybody has vid / gif of last years I’d be much obliged

Went to his favourite corner of WBA seats and celebrated, mouthing 'it's me again' , grinning from ear to ear. 

Oops. I misread what you said. I just think he enjoys scoring there. 

Edited by HighPeakFox
Inability to read

16 hours ago, toddybad said:

I see things like this and I can't quite escape a weird feeling. It's a feeling I've got progressively used to but strange nevertheless. I fear 3 years from now it may be a feeling I never have again. But the best striker in English football *possibly* plays for Leicester. I can't explain this.

I get this as well I think its just because of the quality currently at the club something we haven't seen before or experienced any true fan will feel the same, I doubt we will ever see a player as good as Mahrez or Vardy especially from the transition that they have came from.

With that said we do have a squad full of quality and similar desire in new signing's and players coming through the ranks in Maguire, Gray, Ineneacho, Diabate, Chilwell

The future looks bright 

17 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Why do so many of our fans want Rondon? He is trash.

My neighbour supports West Brom and regularly classes him as a donkey, can have his good games but the majority of the time he's lazy.

I think because he’s the type of option upfront we don’t have with the departure of Silmani and Ulloa. 

WBAunofficial forum may not love Vardy, but some rate our recent onions managers.

JoinEm.JPG.9818e4e2cba7e381556ef7c44c48786d.JPG

Is this a case of,  If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em?  Or more like once a Baggie, always a Baggie?

22 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Why do so many of our fans want Rondon? He is trash.

My neighbour supports West Brom and regularly classes him as a donkey, can have his good games but the majority of the time he's lazy.

Because he looks dangerous. Unlike either Shimani or Ulloa he can control a football, run at pace, is athletic and strong and can dominate a defender. I've a lot of time for him. Just not sure where he'd fit in.

7 minutes ago, toddybad said:

Because he looks dangerous. Unlike either Shimani or Ulloa he can control a football, run at pace, is athletic and strong and can dominate a defender. I've a lot of time for him. Just not sure where he'd fit in.

Seems his best games are usually against us.

West Brom lack goals, they have done for a while, Rondon has been there a good while and has hardly made an impact. My neighbour said they'd go down with just him up front and that looks to be the case.

He isn't all that, there's much better target men out there.

18 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Seems his best games are usually against us.

West Brom lack goals, they have done for a while, Rondon has been there a good while and has hardly made an impact. My neighbour said they'd go down with just him up front and that looks to be the case.

He isn't all that, there's much better target men out there.

He currently plays up front on his own backed by a midfield with absolutely nil creativity. 

Fair play to Gray. Fans have begun to expect him to waste chance after chance. And jump at the chance to call him greedy (sadly often warranted). He's no longer greedily wasting chances to the same extent and nearly assisted. It's good to see.

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

He currently plays up front on his own backed by a midfield with absolutely nil creativity. 

He has the likes of Rodriguez, Phillips and Chadli to support him, plus you expect him to be a threat from set pieces.

I'd rather listen to a West Brom fans opinion over a Leicester fan, who just basis him off the games he's played against us because he's fvcked us up a few times.

I do not claim to have Pep levels of footballing knowledge but I have been impressed with Iborra every single time I have seen him.  Always in space, always encouraging other's to find space, never flustered.   And he is fvcking beautiful.  X

• Like 1