Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

West Brom post match thread 4-1

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

not sure if I have missed this being discussed but Riyad seemed to spend a lot more time than usual floating around the middle of the pitch when the formation had him on the right. 

He's done that a few games this Season mate. 

Disastrous start and could have been 2-0 down but for a first class save from Kasper but we never looked back after Vardys first class goal.Once we got ahead we coasted.

West Brom would have struggled to beat the likes of Burton Albion or Shrewsbury yesterday. They were beyond terrible. Down there with Newcastle when we played them in 2015.

Morgan and Simpson were a bit disappointing. Defensively very solid but you'd panic with them when they try and play it around.Now with safety assured Amartey and Dragovic are surely worth a go now.

Iborra's worth was demonstrated in spades.Outside of Maguire hes impressed me the most this season. We've gained more points with him starting than not.Felt Gray didnt do all that bad. He was a bit more unselfish than normal so I'd cut him a bit of slack.

The dynamic duo of Vardy and Mahrez were on song once again. Vardy's the boy ya love to hate but he's the most electrifying player we've ever had. For all the talk of him regretting a move he's a funny way of showing it. Great goal for Mahrez too. Nice for the nachoman to get off the mark.

The last month has been disappointing and it could have been so much more but better late than never.Fair play to Claude for trusting Iborra.

All in all a good day. Hopefully they can take the game to Chelsea next week.

Edited by Blue ROI

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

He's done that a few games this Season mate. 

He has done when we rotated the three behind vardy but yesterday he was never swapping with Shinji or kelechi so this gave us an overload at times in that space.  Of course it would have left us a bit exposed on the right had they won possession and worked it wide. 

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He has done when we rotated the three behind vardy but yesterday he was never swapping with Shinji or kelechi so this gave us an overload at times in that space.  Of course it would have left us a bit exposed on the right had they won possession and worked it wide. 

Mainly in away games, Swansea away it was happening and there are a few others. Let me have a think :)

4 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

that west brom thread gets better n better man, the comment saying vardy is a nobody and nobody will ever remember him once he retires. he’s literally the single biggest talking point of 21st century football and has created probably the greatest sporting story of all time. boss. 

They'll never forget this face.

Leicester City’s Jamie Vardy celebrates scoring the opener after hitting a sublime volley from from Riyad Mahrez’s ball over the top, helping the Foxes to a 4-1 win over West Bromwich Albion at The Hawthorns.

6 hours ago, Foxes1 said:

Read on the 'Bluemoon' Vardy's goal was the result of a big hoof to Vardy

... and I suppose that Aguero's League Cup final route one from a goal kick wasn't a hoof :rolleyes:

Lets be honest, only the big 6 can score world class goals, any other club then it's anti-football.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Ive only got one word to say to you Rumble ...    closet !    :)

We're a broad church. If we weren't we might hit single figures in the lean times. :D

And reading down the thread.... priceless! lol

Edited by Vardinio'sCat

On 10/03/2018 at 19:44, Parafox said:

Okay. I'm no fan of the mouth-breather but what are the stats for his shots which result in goals ratio??

Having a better shots on goal ratio is not the same as a shots on goal that score ratio.

Vardy has a better shots to goals conversation rate then Kane, in fact the best in the PL I believe.

Kane is a greedy bastard who shoots from anywhere regardless, is in a team that creates many more chances for him, that’s why he scores so many goals.

Thats not to say Kane isn’t a very good player.

Vardy is massively underrated.

Really great win and an absolutely fabulous goal from Jamie Vardy, a goal of the season contender. a sublime pass by Mahrez and he took his goal extremely well. and a great second half performance. really great seeing Kalechi score with a great header too and while we still need Okazaki in the side, Kelechi deserves his chance as he always has goals in him.

It's a difficult one because Shinji plays his role so well. But, I can see Kelechi has the vision to play that secondary striker. His passing and through balls to Vardy when he's been allowed to play are brilliant, and he's got the technical ability to arrive late and finish. Isn't his shot conversion ridiculously high? 

Hope Puel uses him more. He'll grown in importance to us over the next few years.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

Really great win and an absolutely fabulous goal from Jamie Vardy, a goal of the season contender. a sublime pass by Mahrez and he took his goal extremely well. and a great second half performance. really great seeing Kalechi score with a great header too and while we still need Okazaki in the side, Kelechi deserves his chance as he always has goals in him.

I enjoyed how Lampard said it was his favourite goal of this season.

I'm just so grateful that we have a player capable of playing that perfect pass and a player who's willing to take it on first time and having the skill to execute it.

Difficult to fathom how much of a transformation Vardy has been through since he joined. No-one imagined him pulling off goals like this four years ago!

3 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Itchy Nacho’s is the future. Vardy is the present. They can and probably should play together

One of the best things to materialise from that last game. Nacho playing in Mahrez and Vardy with brilliant passes before scoring himself after Vardy's run to the near post left him unmarked in the box.

We might not play as poor opposition again this season, but hopefully Nacho keeps this up! Mouthwatering prospect!