Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

England - Road to the World Cup - Russia 18

2 hours ago, WilmslowFox said:

Tickets on sale today (to registered England supporters) for Nigeria friendly in June.  General sale next Monday.  Will probably be five Foxes involved, mostly on the Nigeria side.  Will this be the highest number of Leicester players to have featured in an international?

Should play it at the king power.

Surely it's time to start picking as near as he can to what he believes is his team for Russia, they need to get used to each other.

If he doesn't yet know who they are then WTF, this is just another experimental job somewhat late in the day.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KFS said:

Obviously he's trying a few things, but that just smacks of big club bias to me. 

you'd think 3 months before the World Cup starts you wouldn't be 'trying a few things'. More than enough time in easy qualifiers to do that. 

You'd expect the debutants (as well as Vardy and Maguire) to play some part in Tuesday's game. 

• Like 1

Against shite teams I could maybe see you wouldn’t need a recognised defender, and Walker or Trippier could do a job. Could maybe see trippier getting into positions like azpilecueta does for Chelsea and getting some assists. But we have one of the best attacking wing backs and we’re playing him as part of a back 3. 

We’ll see maybe Southgate is a genius. 

5 minutes ago, davieG said:

Surely it's time to start picking as near as he can to what he believes is his team for Russia, they need to get used to each other.

If he doesn't yet know who they are then WTF, this is just another experimental job somewhat late in the day.

yeah i thought we’re gonna have to play our fully strongest eleven at some stage. i get there’s no kane but play rashford or vardy instead then play the other ten who are looking like starting. 

centre half is a key area. that partnership (or trio if that’s what we’re going for) need game time together with the keeper behind them to get a bit of cohesion. playing 3 right backs is a bit weird when there’s about 13 centre halves on the bench. 

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I know it's a friendly but i'm sick of good form going unrewarded.

Vardy has been comfortably England's best striker considering Kane is injured. 

Vardy and Kane should start. Kane is out, fair play, so it should be Vardy and another.

5 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

yeah i thought we’re gonna have to play our fully strongest eleven at some stage. i get there’s no kane but play rashford or vardy instead then play the other ten who are looking like starting. 

centre half is a key area. that partnership (or trio if that’s what we’re going for) need game time together with the keeper behind them to get a bit of cohesion. playing 3 right backs is a bit weird when there’s about 13 centre halves on the bench. 

It's beyond weird. 

It's basically Southgate screaming to the whole known world that he doesn't know who his best eleven is and he isn't ready. 

You have the four years between world cups to prepare for the next one, not the few weeks and months before the tournament. Now is the time - like davie says really - to be drilling your first team repeatedly. 

There's partnerships all over the pitch that need forming, centre backs, midfielders, strikers. 

He's got Sterling up front, three full backs and Oxlade Chamberlain in midfield? Just weird. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

It's beyond weird. 

It's basically Southgate screaming to the whole known world that he doesn't know who his best eleven is and he isn't ready. 

You have the four years between world cups to prepare for the next one, not the few weeks and months before the tournament. Now is the time - like davie says really - to be drilling your first team repeatedly. 

There's partnerships all over the pitch that need forming, centre backs, midfielders, strikers. 

He's got Sterling up front, three full backs and Oxlade Chamberlain in midfield? Just weird. 

don’t mind having the ox in the middle tbf, he’s been playing quite well when he’s been in the liverpool team and we have literally fu ck all else. 

and the forwards have played with each other for england/clubs for a few years so should be reasonably aware of each other’s games. eg. kane/alli at spurs, rashford/lingard at utd, even vardy, kane, rashford and sterling went to the last major comp together. 

however we’re so inexperienced as a back 4 (5 inc. the keeper) that we need to sit down and say pickford, walker, stones, maguire and rose (or whatever he thinks is better) is our strongest set, play with each other for the remaining 3 or 4 friendlies and work out who’s in charge, who shouts for what etc. what the hell is the use of kyle walker playing as a third centre half? he’s never played there in his life and he’s an absolute shoe-in to play right wing back when it matters, stop pissing about and being a dick and just let him play there. 

I'm already sick of Southgate,  another clueless FA  yes man.

He should be picking the team he intends to start the tournament with not messing around playing Walker at centre back.

I was actually going to watch this game (England matches normally make me fall to sleep) in the hope of seeing Maguire and Vardy.

I do not think I will bother now. Some very strange decisions here including Rashford leading the line when he hasn't played a full game for Man U since December! So sick of England managers not having the bottle to pick on form rather than name.