Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

England - Road to the World Cup - Russia 18

27 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

In friendlies, to get him ready for when we get to the finals. It's alright being able to dominate the qualifiers as a defensive style is needed, but once we're actually at a tournament, that's where it goes tits up, as we carry the same mentality into it. It's goals that count, not defensive football and being able to pass it about in defense. I very much doubt that teams like Brazil give a shit about stats, they're only interested in scoring more goals than the opposition. From what i saw last night, we're once again going to fail miserably. 

We should have put out our best defensive line up (his first choice players) and then told the the rest to go hung ho in attacking even if it exposed the defense to give them the chance to operate in a more volatile reactive game.

At the very least it would expose weaknesses at best it will give the defense a chance to 'gel' and it might even have been mildly entertaining.

• Like 2

I haven't enjoyed watching England for a number of years now barring the odd game here and there. 

The players are so scared of losing the ball that they never take any risks. 

They keep possession well but it's in areas that don't effect the opposition. When we do get into the final third 9 times out of 10 we lose possession 

we have lightning quick wing backs but it's too obvious that we try to get them in behind with long diagnol balls.

9 hours ago, lee7 said:

I haven't enjoyed watching England for a number of years now barring the odd game here and there. 

The players are so scared of losing the ball that they never take any risks. 

They keep possession well but it's in areas that don't effect the opposition. When we do get into the final third 9 times out of 10 we lose possession 

we have lightning quick wing backs but it's too obvious that we try to get them in behind with long diagnol balls.

Even when/ if we get behind, the final ball ( from watching last night ) is often dreadful. We seem along way behind the ‘top’ nations. I like our possession part but we need so much more work on the upping the tempo and pace in the final third. The keep ball scenario works if our Jamie is playing, as it draws team out, I’m just not sure Southgate will start Vardy enough though 

Edited by STEVIE B
Spelling

I don't think it's a terrible line up but I don't understand this Walker at centre half business. He's our best wing back, and we're strong at centre half.

Chamberlain's a breath of fresh air under Klopp. Correct decision to see him starting central.

Lingard starting again and you can't argue with it at all really. He's had a great season and for me should be on the plane.