Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

England - Road to the World Cup - Russia 18

4 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

He trod on his foot which brought him down…. I don’t like it, but, the ref called it riight

Without VAR that isn’t given…. Desicion making with VAR is invariably correct 

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

No, I don’t think it is. If he doesn’t have the ball under control and no deliberate intentions it’s not.

See my clarification above...  he’s running at pace his foot is trodden on and it brings him down... its a pen

2 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

It didn't help that the striker went down screaming and waving his hand and the Italian players surrounded the ref.

I wonder what prompted the VAR review.

Don't think it goes to VAR without that overblown reaction.

Just now, Wolfox said:

See my clarification above...  he’s running at pace his foot is trodden on and it brings him down... its a pen

It’s not, he didn’t have the ball under control. He wasn’t intentionally impeded. No penalty.

Just now, Webbo said:

Just like us. 97 sideways passes and then back to the keeper. We end up conceding in a half we dominated.

I noticed this in the first half, think England had a corner Italy defended it but hadn’t pushed out. Kyle walker had the ball passed it all the way back to Trippier on the halfway line he then passed it sideways to someone. 

This then gave Italy the chance to push upfield and press us. If Walker had looked forward in the first instance we still had men up from the corner. It felt like it was passing just for the sake of passing.

3 minutes ago, Strokes said:

It’s not, he didn’t have the ball under control. He wasn’t intentionally impeded. No penalty.

ITV pundits unanimously agree with my POV...  it’s all opinions though... I thought pen when I saw the replay, others will think differently 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

ITV pundits unanimously agree with my POV...  it’s all opinions though... I thought pen when I saw the replay, others will think differently 

They alll said it was a penalty?

im astonished. This will kill the game. It will lead to players going down even more when they feel any contact in the box. Never wanted it introduced and i am absolutely certain it will destroy the game we all love. 

It wouldnt matter who who was awarded the penalty - it just isn’t a foul.

• Like 2

Not a penalty, at full speed it looked like a natural standing on the foot where Tarkowski had nowhere else to go, slowing it down makes it look like a deliberate trod but if that wasn't given no-one would complain.