Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

5 hours ago, Foxxed said:

There's a difference between revolving door managers and the squad pushing managers out through disagreements though. The latter means any new manager will suffer the same fate.

The two are intertwined. It's not the case of it being one or the other. It's both.

Managers usually get the axe for being unable to produce results, and this involves not getting the best out of players.

Once you fail to connect with the team, it's hard to find out of that slump again. After all, as a player you simply try to follow your manager's instructions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Puel wants the transfer window and pre season to bring in some signings.

Week in week out, I still think he will struggle picking his 11 at random, leaving us in a bloody mess when he gets sacked 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The_77 said:

There’s been no good time to sack the guy. Awards ceremony, last Saturday home match of the season, Arsène coming to town mid-week, then the last game of the season on Sunday. 

We (including you, Claude) are just gonna have to get through this week.

This^

2 hours ago, Pete from the USA said:

LOL cause the players are gonna say in the media there is player unrest :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Pete from the USA said:

The ladies doth protedt too much

On life...its always better to listen to what people say and the put a - sign in front and ask if that seems more likely

1 hour ago, SheppyFox said:

I’ve never known anybody in any profession  to publicly say “my boss is a dick and nobody likes him, he’s the problem.” Lol

I told a boss to F off one day ... in public .... needless to say it was me who ended up F'ing off:nigel:

• Haha 3

Ex Saints legend Le Tissier really scathing about Puel just now on Talk Sport.

Basically saying most of the problems the Saints are having this year is Puel's fault

in particular their inability to score goals.

Edited by RODNEY FERNIO
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Ex Saints legend Le Tissier really scathing about Puel just now on Talk Sport.

Basically saying most of the problems the Saints are having this year is Puel's fault

in particular their inability to score goals.

Hmmmm seems like he's trying to justify his opinion of Puel with those comments. They got a new manager in who had the summer and a whole season to sort things out or buy new players. They got worse!

4 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I think the owners are trying to save Puel some face and themselves by not sacking him while the season is still going on, I would be very surprised if he don't get the boot come the end of the season.

They really don't have any alternative but to sack him. The big mistake with Puel and Wagner is lack of experience in the Prem League, Puel 1.5 seasons, Wagner 1 season, its a situation where LCFC need a few years of stability and that means EXPERIENCE, someone like Benitez would certainly give us that

1 minute ago, Fox1norfolk said:

They really don't have any alternative but to sack him. The big mistake with Puel and Wagner is lack of experience in the Prem League, Puel 1.5 seasons, Wagner 1 season, its a situation where LCFC need a few years of stability and that means EXPERIENCE, someone like Benitez would certainly give us that

I agree, Benitez would be a good option but i'd also happily take Pearson back... it really depends on how the owners are weighing up the situation. 

Im seriously worried now about relegation next season, Watching us right now reminds me exactly of West Brom and Southampton in the tail end of last season, in a tail spin of terrible results and performances that continued into the following season, I really feel if we stick with Puel and/or have another poor summer of Rudkins recruitment we will be in that predicament, we arent a million miles away points wise from the bottom 3 now, we are definitley in a false league position compared to where you would finish with 44 points, we got 44 last season so at best we arent progressing under Puel, this football is as bad a Craig Levein and thats saying something. 

Edited by jonny_wright

7 hours ago, The_77 said:

There’s been no good time to sack the guy. Awards ceremony, last Saturday home match of the season, Arsène coming to town mid-week, then the last game of the season on Sunday. 

We (including you, Claude) are just gonna have to get through this week.

I wonder who will be the first to clear their desk out of Puel and Wenger?

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

"I'm as frustrated as they [fans] are but we need perspective because we are going to finish mid-table and I think a lot of teams would like to finish in our position."

I wasn't fully against him until I read the above comment. It's bad enough when poor pundits say it but for the manager who sits there watching every single game to defend himself with such a stance. That is unacceptable.

Mr Puel, Mr Savage, Mr Sutton, Mr Keown. Read this slowly as I appreciate all of you have difficulty understanding simple opinions. It is not the league position that is an issue. It's the fact that we are, and have been for the past FIVE months, one of the worst (if not the worst) performing sides in the country (let alone the division!!).

We are not asking to win league or even qualify for Europe (which, let's be honest was probably the easiest ask it has been for years). We are asking to compete. You are happy not competing, we are not.

One shot on target against West Ham may be acceptable to you but it isn't to the fans you charge £40 to. 

PUEL OUT - there's me putting it into perspective.

Yeah I completely agree. 

The Premier League has been shocking this year. If we finish outside the top 10 (A genuine possibility) it will be a complete embarrassment.

And the point you make about us being bad for a while, I reckon certainly for the past 2 months we've been comfortably the worst team in the league. 

39 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

Experience is vastly overrated in most walks of life.

Give me ability over experience any day of the week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, StevieB said:

God I cant stand the man now 

Screenshot_20180508-094952.png

Clearly he is taking claim that Southampton are in the position they are because they got rid of him lol.

I wasn't against Puel until the Palace game, now its comments like the above that just make me dislike the man that little bit more. He really isn't helping his relationship with the fans. The owners have got to take action before we give this man money for him to piss up the wall.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Send this to Mr Vic and Top please. 

How on earth did he get the gig in the first place with those Southampton stats? 

To which i will add: he finished the season only 6pts above the relegation zone.

Im not totally sure they realise the consequences of NOT sacking him.

?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Hmmmm seems like he's trying to justify his opinion of Puel with those comments. They got a new manager in who had the summer and a whole season to sort things out or buy new players. They got worse!

We don't exactly fully know what happened at Southampton last summer or why their recruitment policy failed.

But from what I understand, the previous owners, the Liebherr family (Switzerland), tried to find a suitor for a while.

They were desperate to make the club more attractive to foreign investors/more worthy by selling some of their best players in the process (I mean, Van Dijk for 70m!) and getting cash in the bank whilst one's still able to.

The new majority shareholders are Chinese (Gao Jisheng/Lander Sports), so what do they know about football? It's a bit like us when the Srivaddhanaprabhas arrived.