Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

7 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

In the 1-1 where Schmeichel scored but didn't score a last minute equaliser?

Yeah that's the one. Shakey managed the team as Big Nige was ill.

How full every Premier League club’s stadium has been this season

20. Tottenham Hotspur’s Wembley Stadium has been 67.3 per cent full this season

19. Burnley’s Turf Moor has been 88.2 per cent full this season
18. Bournemouth’s Vitality Stadium has been 91.0 per cent full this season
17. Southampton’s stadium has been 91.3 per cent full this season
16. Watford’s Vicarage Road stadium has been 93.5 per cent full this season

15. Fulham’s Craven Cottage has been 94.4 per cent full this season
14. Cardiff City’s stadium has been 94.5 per cent full this season
13. Huddersfield Town’s stadium has been 94.8 per cent full this season
12. Chelsea’s Stamford Bridge has been 96.7 per cent full this season
11. Liverpool’s Anfield stadium has been 96.9 per cent full this season

10. Manchester City’s Etihad Stadium has been 97.7 per cent full this season
9. Everton’s Goodison Park has been 98.1 per cent full this season
7= Manchester United’s Old Trafford stadium has been 98.4 per cent full this season
7= Leicester City’s stadium has been 98.4 per cent full this season
6. Newcastle United’s St James’ Park stadium has been 98.9 per cent full this season

5. Wolverhampton Wanderers’s Molineux stadium has been 99.1 per cent full this season
3= Brighton and Hove Albion’s Amex Stadium has been 99.3 per cent full this season
3= Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium has been 99.3 per cent full this season
2. Crystal Palace’s Selhurst Park has been 99.7 per cent full this season
1. West Ham United’s stadium has been 99.8 per cent full this season

17 minutes ago, davieG said:

7= Manchester United’s Old Trafford stadium has been 98.4 per cent full this season
6. Newcastle United’s St James’ Park stadium has been 98.9 per cent full this season

5. Wolverhampton Wanderers’s Molineux stadium has been 99.1 per cent full this season
3= Brighton and Hove Albion’s Amex Stadium has been 99.3 per cent full this season

Yet some still say we don't need an expansion. Of the 1.6% short fall how many are away fans I wonder. 

9 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

lol 

It's a joke isn't it. The one thing that bugs me most is the historical aspect. In years to come people will read the reference books, look back on Wikipedia or a football website and see that there was an official attendance of 55,000 for games where there were literally thousands of empty seats. It's rewriting history to make yourself look good. A plague on any club who does it.

14 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I get disliking him but no point in just outright lying.

I think your love has blinded you.

I compared his goal scoring to Vardy and accused him of being a flat-track bully.

In the 2 years since our Title he has scored against pretty weak opposition and of the big 6 he's only managed to score against Spurs and Arsenal.

This year he's scored against the might of Cardiff.

I rest my case.

1 hour ago, FIF said:

I compared his goal scoring to Vardy and accused him of being a flat-track bully.

In the 2 years since our Title he has scored against pretty weak opposition and of the big 6 he's only managed to score against Spurs and Arsenal.

I rest my case.

He got 5 assists against the big 6 last season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Man City last year for me.

Absolutely ripped everyone apart.

Behind them it's got to be the invincibles.

Yeah it is definitely between The Invincibles, last year's Man City and Utd's treble winners for me.  Each have a claim for different reasons. I just personally preferred that Arsenal team to any of the others and still think going unbeaten all season will not be done again in most of our lifetimes but Man City last season were unreal.  X

42 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Apologies if been posted elsewhere or more apt on another thread but wondered people's thoughts.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45759826

I can't really look past The Invincibles.  X

Man City - To get 100 points in a 38 game season is outrageous.

Before that I would have said the invincibles but the points tally they got actually wasn't that impressive.

Edited by MattP

The Invincibles were good, but I don't regard them as the best ever.

Putting it in perspective, in our title winning season, we lost only three games (Both Arsenal fixtures and Liverpool at Anfield).  So really not that far away from the Invincibles, especially when you consider that in the loss to Arsenal away, we should have got at least a point, despite being down to ten men (thanks Was) and the home match against Arsenal where we lost 5-2, was a lot closer than the scoreline suggested (if we had taken our chances, at the right time, we wouldn't have lost).  The only game where I felt we weren't didn't have any answers was the loss to Liverpool, but that was probably fatigue over the Christmas break.

3 hours ago, davieG said:

They make it up as they go along for starters!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MattP said:

Man City - To get 100 points in a 38 game season is outrageous.

Before that I would have said the invincibles but the points tally they got actually wasn't that impressive.

4 minutes ago, breadandcheese said:

The Invincibles were good, but I don't regard them as the best ever.

Putting it in perspective, in our title winning season, we lost only three games (Both Arsenal fixtures and Liverpool at Anfield).  So really not that far away from the Invincibles, especially when you consider that in the loss to Arsenal away, we should have got at least a point, despite being down to ten men (thanks Was) and the home match against Arsenal where we lost 5-2, was a lot closer than the scoreline suggested (if we had taken our chances, at the right time, we wouldn't have lost).  The only game where I felt we weren't didn't have any answers was the loss to Liverpool, but that was probably fatigue over the Christmas break.

I do not necessarily disagree with either of you and that is why these things are fun, there is no real right or wrong answer.  In terms of cold hard facts then one could argue most points = best ever and so Man City last year clearly could be argued the best ever and I would not really disagree.  I just have a more personal admiration for that Arsenal team.  Moreover, to say we were "not far off" being unbeaten is a little stretch.  I don't think another top tier English team has managed tat feat in 100 years so it is clearly very impressive and I doubt we will see it happen again for at least 50 years.  One could also argue that that Arsenal team (and Utd's treble winners) had more competition.  I would also concede that winning the treble could be seen as better than "most PL points".  I am not saying it is but it's all open to conjecture.  Last year Man City were phenomenal and a pleasure to watch.  Maybe because they were SO dominant I found it less interesting?  X

5 hours ago, davieG said:

This is a lie, Arsenal's stadium has been 100% full for every match since it opened, just listen to their stadium announcer.

Fact they stayed unbeaten for an entire season wins it for me, and the flair they had was crazy - Ljumberg, Bergkamp, Pires & Henry attacking, Viera & Gilberto Silva midfield. Man City are ridiculously good at football but it feels sucha cold methodical machine, Aguero'ing mofo's at home with their £1b squad, half their fans leaving 3-0 up at 70mins and just cutting teams up on the road, they lack the real homogenous feel of the Arsenal team

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FIF said:

I rest my case.

Far more to his game than goals and you know it. I'm amazed you're throwing around the word blinded in this instance. I've never seen such blatant bias against a player based on a dislike of them. The disliking is totally fair, and the Maddison signing has for sure softened the blow, but come on, double figures for goals and assists last season in a midtable side and he's apparently awful? I'm not having that.

• Like 2