Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

4 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

It was. the replay was shown Jesus had the ball in his hands mahrez pointed to the bench and then Jesus gave him the ball 

Yup just rewatched it and at the end pep was holding jesus head in his hands saying "im sorry son i fcked up please forgive me"

Edited by Jattdogg

1 minute ago, brucey said:

Pep probably wanted Riyad to take it to build his fragile confidence. Unfortunately for them the plan was always very likely to backfire, and so it has.

Think your right there listening to Pep sounds like he was first in line to take it after Aguero was subbed.

Feel sorry for the lad if this is the case.

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

Just a timely reminder for all those weeping at the feet of Mahrez - 

This is a bloke who saw no problem in co-opting depression to try and eke out a quicker move. 

I wonder if everyone would be so fawning if it were a more visible disease. 'staying at Leicester is giving him cancer.' 

I think, on the money he was on and the quality of life we'd given him, that he's ****ing shameless and people have been way too forgiving. 

He has absolutely no connection to our football club, he's gone to a bigger club and will have a better opportunity at winning stuff. He made a massive contribution to something we never thought we'd ever see.

I like him but it was a funny miss. Shocking penalty as expected.

10 minutes ago, Corky said:

The game deserved that penalty- dreadful.

Typical earlish season game between the top teams.

Neither team prepared to really go for it.

Sure it would have been much different had the game post Christmas for example.

I know Arsenal v Chelsea was a good game earlier in the season but then Arsenal cannot defend and score goals for fun.

Arlo White, on the NBC play-by-play: “Left footed, and rising, and perhaps still rising.”

Lee Dixon:  “I would not have picked Mahrez to take that penalty.  I really wouldn’t.  He wouldn’t be in my top five.”

AW: “He missed one in the shootout against City in the League Cup last year, didn’t he.”

LD:  “I’ve seen him miss loads.”

(Those two and Graeme Le Saux are a damned good game-calling trio IMO. )

• Like 1

I said to my mate he was going to miss. Never felt confident when he was taking them for us. Always either tried to outwit the keeper and roll it in or completely miss the target. 

At least Vardy takes penalties with some conviction. 

45 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He has absolutely no connection to our football club, he's gone to a bigger club and will have a better opportunity at winning stuff. He made a massive contribution to something we never thought we'd ever see.

I like him but it was a funny miss. Shocking penalty as expected.

Shocking move and he's turned out as I expected.