Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

22 hours ago, kingfox said:

Bloody Everton, we should be on this. Southampton take Elyounoussi, Everton could take Malcom, we're probably going to end up with Andros Townsend.

Never mind "Hammond (ankle)", it would be "Malcom (nasal congestion)" every bloody weekend....

13 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Liverpool have a serious chance of challenging Man City this season. Streets ahead of United imo 

Man city killed it last year and then decided why not add mahrez.

Cant see them losing the title unless they tire or focus this season on winning thr champs league and challenging only for top 3 champs league spot.

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

Liverpool have a serious chance of challenging Man City this season. Streets ahead of United imo 

Liverpool should’ve finished higher than united last season too but didn’t ever get close. 

13 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Better players this season though. That was my point 

probably, yeah. the goalkeeper thing is being overplayed though, until the champions league final they were all buzzing about how good karius was and i’m sure i read that post christmas they’d kept more clean sheets than anyone else or something. 

their team and their style of play last season was much better than united’s but they finished comfortably behind them is all i was saying. throughout last year they were continually praised and united trashed but the table says otherwise. wouldn’t be a surprise to me in the slightest if that happened again this year. because mourinho is a much, much better manager than klopp imho. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

probably, yeah. the goalkeeper thing is being overplayed though, until the champions league final they were all buzzing about how good karius was and i’m sure i read that post christmas they’d kept more clean sheets than anyone else or something. 

their team and their style of play last season was much better than united’s but they finished comfortably behind them is all i was saying. throughout last year they were continually praised and united trashed but the table says otherwise. wouldn’t be a surprise to me in the slightest if that happened again this year. because mourinho is a much, much better manager than klopp imho. 

They had a proper go at the CL to be fair. I think Keita is going to make a huge difference to how they transition from defence to attack. The quality of the front three speaks for itself and they have VVD and the best centre back in the world in Lovren. Don’t see any obvious weaknesses in their side now.

I agree on your last point in the sense of what they’ve both won but I prefer the football Klopp plays now over Mourinho’s boring tactics. He seems so miserable at United and I get the impression a few of their players aren’t enjoying playing for him

On ‎17‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 15:57, David Guiza said:

Only 25 and a huge part of a fairly average side making it to the QF of the Champions League, a tournament in which they only conceded to Liverpool at home. Granted he's only really had one season at Roma, but he is also Brazil's number 1 ahead of Ederson who was fantastic for Man City last season. £62m is too much for a goalkeeper (or any human being), but Liverpool are part of the problem with the ridiculous fees they've paid over the past couple of seasons. 

Modern day Blackburn.

Just now, Babylon said:

£50m... £67m for a keeper... £10m for a fourth choice keeper and £60m for the most talent player we've ever had and a player with some of the best wide man stats in the league. Seems fair.

I know, makes a mockery of our negotiation skills. How on earth Watford can negotiate a deal to receive a fee £10m short what we received for Mahrez is unbelievable. Richarlison has only been there a year and was bang average throughout. Recent transfers are showing that we sold far too cheaply. 

41 minutes ago, ian_marshall said:

I know, makes a mockery of our negotiation skills. How on earth Watford can negotiate a deal to receive a fee £10m short what we received for Mahrez is unbelievable. Richarlison has only been there a year and was bang average throughout. Recent transfers are showing that we sold far too cheaply. 

Richadlison didn't come out and say he wants to leave like I've said before Mahrez's mardy cost us 15-20 mill 

This kind of gives me hope that we can fleece Chelsea once again by getting £40m for Kasper and somehow flog Musa to Saudi Arabia for £30m+.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

£50m... £67m for a keeper... £10m for a fourth choice keeper and £60m for the most talent player we've ever had and a player with some of the best wide man stats in the league. Seems fair.

1 hour ago, ian_marshall said:

We still don't really know whether the £60m quoted for Mahrez is the official transfer fee or whether add-ons have been included (or if, for example, Manchester City's Iheanacho clause has been waived).

37 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Richadlison didn't come out and say he wants to leave like I've said before Mahrez's mardy cost us 15-20 mill 

add 15-20 mill to the price tag and we’ve still sold him for about half what he’s worth in this market 

• Like 2

As soon as Silva went to Everton, the Richarlson transfer was inevitable. Seems like a repeat of what they did last season when they signed multiple attacking midfielders without a plan of how to use them and for large transfer fees.

However, to be fair to Everton and Silva, Richarlson is clearly his "boy" and he will probably build the team around him. Silva will get the best out of him and I think he will be a good signing for them, though the price is high.