Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

Can't see Sarri staying after the season ends. Dont understand Chelsea, they were great in the 1st half and came out after HT looking like a div 1 side. Guess they just needed a goal which they seem to be lacking this season (not looked at stats) but thats how it feels like... also had some big losses which i doubt will have helped morale. 

2 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Still wouldn't put it past Everton to concede two and unleash their fans' anger. 

Might put it past Chelsea to score two, though... 

Chelsea have been rubbish this half and totally dominated by Everton. Not the result i was expecting / hoping for. 

Edit - decent enough save from Pickford then though

Edited by Suzie the Fox
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Had my Roast beef and yorkshire pudding ... nom  nom  nom :D 

Nom nom nlm,put  Chelsea in the bin..

Chelsea struggling...Next season Everton top 6.Chelsea on a downer..fighting for top 8...

Sarri..sorry,...going home on the back of the next Lorry....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DerbyshireFox said:

However bad of a season they’ve had, I think it’s unprofessional of the player to 1: write it for the programme in the first place and 2: for the media team to read that and think ‘yeah that’s okay to go in for Sunday’! Even if Ranieri hadn’t got them playing, the players didn’t exactly step up! Players have to take responsibility as well, they weren’t exactly flying under Jokanovic, and after watching them under their 3rd manager of the season last week, they still can’t defend whoever is in charge 

Agree and it takes more than just tactics to be successful, That's a pretty expensive team that's been put together but for some games you'd be hard pushed to see why it cost so much.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

However bad of a season they’ve had, I think it’s unprofessional of the player to 1: write it for the programme in the first place and 2: for the media team to read that and think ‘yeah that’s okay to go in for Sunday’! Even if Ranieri hadn’t got them playing, the players didn’t exactly step up! Players have to take responsibility as well, they weren’t exactly flying under Jokanovic, and after watching them under their 3rd manager of the season last week, they still can’t defend whoever is in charge 

This lacks so much class; what happens behind closed doors should stay that way or if leaked be via journalists, not the club's official programmes.

Ranieri may have not been doing the 'right' things but to slate him in the programme is poor. Dislike the way Fulham announce sacking "Ranieir replaced by Scott Parker". Just doesn't sit well with me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

This lacks so much class; what happens behind closed doors should stay that way or if leaked be via journalists, not the club's official programmes.

Ranieri may have not been doing the 'right' things but to slate him in the programme is poor. Dislike the way Fulham announce sacking "Ranieir replaced by Scott Parker". Just doesn't sit well with me.

I think they did it that way when sacking Jokanovic.

I remember hearing Ranieri had been appointed by Fulham and thinking hang on, Jokanovic hasn't been sacked, then realised they'd sacked/announced at the same time.

I'm always reminded of a situation back in the day when Fulham had an open stand alongside the river with all the First Division Teams flags flying on tall flagpoles

When they go relegated they announced that they weren't going to change the flags as they wouldn't be in League 2 (old) for more than a season.

They weren't they got relegated to League 3 (old) lol

They were always our bogey team back  in the 60s so was kind of rewarding at the time to see them sink out of site.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

I think they did it that way when sacking Jokanovic.

I remember hearing Ranieri had been appointed by Fulham and thinking hang on, Jokanovic hasn't been sacked, then realised they'd sacked/announced at the same time.

They've done this for both, like you said. Dislike the whole thing. 

At least have their own post and thank them for their efforts. 

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

If you were a prospective manager, you’d think twice after seeing that programme article 

Edited by DerbyshireFox

1 hour ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Yeah agreed had to laugh at “we were kind of just winging it and hoped Mitro scored a goal” it seems that’s been the game plan since the start of the season 

7 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Yeah agreed had to laugh at “we were kind of just winging it and hoped Mitro scored a goal” it seems that’s been the game plan since the start of the season 

Go ask the owners son. Tony Kahn seems to be quite good at football manager. That interview is about as unprofessional as it goes. I bet Tony and his dad knew about that program and it was approved by them. They should sell up and go back to Rugby and Wrestling.