Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I don’t think IQ is a good measure of intelligence but Dean Saunders’ is definitely sub 80 

No worries, the days are long gone when that kind of IQ marked lads out for ditch diggers.

Nowadays they train them as football pundits.

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Have you ever listened to him on talksport? The bloke talks absolute shite constantly. 

Some of the quotes he came out with whilst managing Wolves was hilarious.

Yeah I'm well aware. I don't ever listen to him because I don't really fancy putting my foot through my stereo. 

3 hours ago, Foxboy said:

Which is why Sarri needs to work with him and give him more experience, not bring him on for a few minutes here and there.

On the other hand if sarri hadn’t have given him the game time he’s currently getting would he have even been in the England squad in the first place 

4 hours ago, Foxboy said:

Which is why Sarri needs to work with him and give him more experience, not bring him on for a few minutes here and there.

Hudson Odoi has 1 year left on his contract at the end of the season. If he wants to go he'll go in the summer. At least if Chelsea wants to make any money. I'm pretty sure he can sign a pre-contract next january and they can get NOTHING. Sarri is an idiot. All he has to do is look at how Rodgers managed Sterling. Maybe give Brendan a call and learn something Sarri.

5 hours ago, SO1 said:

Hudson Odoi has 1 year left on his contract at the end of the season. If he wants to go he'll go in the summer. At least if Chelsea wants to make any money. I'm pretty sure he can sign a pre-contract next january and they can get NOTHING. Sarri is an idiot. All he has to do is look at how Rodgers managed Sterling. Maybe give Brendan a call and learn something Sarri.

What are you on about lol , Sterling played aye, then ran down his contract because he wanted to leave, exact same thing Hudson Odoi is doing.

7 hours ago, SO1 said:

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

What are you on about lol , Sterling played aye, then ran down his contract because he wanted to leave, exact same thing Hudson Odoi is doing.

Under 24’s can’t run down their contract for the buying club to take them for nowt..... their parent club is still due ‘fair value compensation’. Granted that this is via a tribunal so the fee via a sale this summer would be larger. Chelsea have a lot of players to sell this summer as new rules mean you can only loan out 11 players !! suspect Hudson-odoi will be one they try and keep, especially as they have a ban on bringing players in. 

14 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

funny thing is Sarri has probably given more opportunities to youth players than any chelsea manager i can remember, besides maybe di matteo

It's compltley pointless giving young players opportunity at a club like Chelsea. The results have to be instant or you're fired. Playing and singing expericned players is the best way to ensure you're still in a job.

6 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Under 24’s can’t run down their contract for the buying club to take them for nowt..... their parent club is still due ‘fair value compensation’. Granted that this is via a tribunal so the fee via a sale this summer would be larger. Chelsea have a lot of players to sell this summer as new rules mean you can only loan out 11 players !! suspect Hudson-odoi will be one they try and keep, especially as they have a ban on bringing players in. 

Only English clubs I believe. I believe Bayern Munich were in for him.  Chelsea can always try to keep him.

Edited by SO1

2 hours ago, Papasmurf said:

It's compltley pointless giving young players opportunity at a club like Chelsea. The results have to be instant or you're fired. Playing and singing expericned players is the best way to ensure you're still in a job.

I would like to see Harry Styles signed as a back-up for Wes.

39 minutes ago, Corky said:

Oadby, Barwell, Coalville, Shepshed and Coventry on the lowly team pre-season tour.

That may well depend on whether or not they get expelled from the Football League, with a hearing about their future due soon, due to the stadium row with their owners.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

34 minutes ago, Corky said:

Oadby, Barwell, Coalville, Shepshed and Coventry on the lowly team pre-season tour.

Cov away pre season, lovely. I’d 100% go and a lot of others would too. About time we played them again I miss them in a weird sort of way. 

On 26/03/2019 at 21:29, jammie82uk said:

On the other hand if sarri hadn’t have given him the game time he’s currently getting would he have even been in the England squad in the first place 

If CHO hadn't played any first team football this year I would imagine not. Whats your point?

10 hours ago, Foxboy said:

If CHO hadn't played any first team football this year I would imagine not. Whats your point?

The point that has obviously eluded you is that you criticised sarri for mismanaging CHO, yet that “mismanagement” has got him in a England squad