Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

5 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Ashley Barnes for me.

Absolutely. Has no dramas trying to break peoples legs but breathe with in 5 yards and he’s on the floor. Both situations lead him to run at the ref gob smacked and add in he’s probably the worst footballer in the history of the game it should give every man woman and child on this forum hope that they too can one day make it in the premier league. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

This lacks so much class; what happens behind closed doors should stay that way or if leaked be via journalists, not the club's official programmes.

Ranieri may have not been doing the 'right' things but to slate him in the programme is poor. Dislike the way Fulham announce sacking "Ranieir replaced by Scott Parker". Just doesn't sit well with me.

I agree, Fulham are looking a bit tacky by putting that in their programme.

Claudio didn't trash them after being fired.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Parker is a little different as he was coaching the kids, same situation for us giving it stowell

It's not who the replacement was, it's the way the tweet is just "replaced". It has very little class or even appreciation of the effort put it. 

Look at when Puel went, despite having lost favour in the fans and the team, Top still came out and thanked Puel for his time and effort in taking us forward. Football maybe a game for mercenaries, but a little class never hurt anybody.

6 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I agree, Fulham are looking a bit tacky by putting that in their programme.

Claudio didn't trash them after being fired.

Simply no need. Trash the guy behind the scenes if they want, just don't do it publicly. 

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

It's not who the replacement was, it's the way the tweet is just "replaced". It has very little class or even appreciation of the effort put it. 

Look at when Puel went, despite having lost favour in the fans and the team, Top still came out and thanked Puel for his time and effort in taking us forward. Football maybe a game for mercenaries, but a little class never hurt anybody.

Puel did do some good things for us. Just seemed like Raneiri turned up and got paid. Managed to make Fulham worse. 

I mean... the link in the tweet had this

Khan released this statement following his conversation with Ranieri:

“Following our discussion this afternoon, Claudio Ranieri agreed to my decision that a change was in the best interest of everyone. No surprise to me, Claudio was a perfect gentleman, as always. Claudio’s tenure at Fulham didn’t produce the outcome we anticipated and needed when I appointed him as Manager in November, but be assured he is not solely to blame for the position we are in today. 

“Claudio walked into a difficult situation, inheriting a side that gained only one point in its prior eight matches, and he provided an immediate boost by leading our Club to nine points in his first eight matches as Manager. Though we were unable to maintain that pace thereafter, I am grateful for his effort. Claudio leaves Fulham as our friend and he will undoubtedly experience success again soon.

10 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I mean... the link in the tweet had this

Khan released this statement following his conversation with Ranieri:

“Following our discussion this afternoon, Claudio Ranieri agreed to my decision that a change was in the best interest of everyone. No surprise to me, Claudio was a perfect gentleman, as always. Claudio’s tenure at Fulham didn’t produce the outcome we anticipated and needed when I appointed him as Manager in November, but be assured he is not solely to blame for the position we are in today. 

“Claudio walked into a difficult situation, inheriting a side that gained only one point in its prior eight matches, and he provided an immediate boost by leading our Club to nine points in his first eight matches as Manager. Though we were unable to maintain that pace thereafter, I am grateful for his effort. Claudio leaves Fulham as our friend and he will undoubtedly experience success again soon.

now, now …….lets not allow the facts to get in the way of things ……...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Bit beyond me, he's a great prospect, but made a handful of appearances for Chelsea. Why call him up?

He's never played for the u21's, there's huge talent in there that should maybe get the call first.

Edited by UniFox21

6 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Bit beyond me, he's a great prospect, but made a handful of appearances for Chelsea. Why call him up?

He's never played for the u21's, there's huge talent in there that should maybe get the call first.

Like all great youth prospects at Chelsea, he's being wasted there. CHO is the real deal and Sarri is an absolute moron for not playing him more. Bayern Munich offered 40 mil last winter and he put in a transfer request. Club will not sell and I believe CHO has 11/2 yrs on a contract that he will not renew. To CHO's credit he's put his head down and continued to work hard. I commend Southgate for seeing a situation for what it is and giving him his just rewards.

I've watched this saga for the past 6 mos. and nothing angers me more than seeing young players screwed around. More info at the "shed end" forum starting around pg 50.

Edited by SO1

On 18/03/2019 at 23:54, Facecloth said:

If you're an optimist it's consistent, if you're a pessimist it's stagnation. 

If you're an FTer it's time to sack the manager.

3 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Who was he on here? He blocked me on twitter and I have no reason why as I can’t remember ever talking to him on there.

I can't remember his username but I'm sure he had a link to his twitter in his signature which is how I remember.