Sign in to follow this  
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

1 hour ago, bovril said:

I know it's easy to say now but I wonder if Ole's appointment will go down as one of the worst in recent memory. I feel like the whole Class of 92 love in affected the decision. And yes I know that he came in 96, but without the veneration of that era's players I doubt he would have had a sniff at the job. 

Clutching at a former glory instead of planning a new one. A sign of real desperation. I await the day that we appoint a 45 year old Vardy to instill some fast counter attacking football.

They do have a point. If it wasn't for Liverpool the league would be over in February like it is in France and Germany (not this season obvs). Man City are miles ahead of everybody else. They're on a different solar system.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I think Brighton's only hope for next season is for the 3 teams that come up to be worse than they are.

Think their only hope of staying up is if they get rid of Hughton.

Just because there was 'slight' contact doesn't make it a penalty IMHO. Monreal wasn't really impeded and could have stayed on his feet if he wanted.

And, yes, I am aware the same could be said of Maddison on a few occasions this season.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier
  • Like 1

United are a serious mess, without significant doe getting spent this summer they wont be in the top 8 next season.

58 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

Proper dodged a bullet with that Jahanbakhsh

Replaced at half time by a proper player -Tony K 

This is the worst Arsenal team that I can remember and I recall seeing George Graham as a player 

Says it all when Chelsea might end up 3rd after the season they've had!

Arsenal probably got an eye on Thursday. 

4 hours ago, murphy said:

Nice rant, but you're not quite understanding what I am saying.  lol

When we won it we did it under our own steam.  Our first team cost £25m, so I'm not sure how you managed to infer that I am criticising our own title win.  That is literally the opposite of what I am saying.  :facepalm:

The title really shouldn't be any of Man City's business but they are up there by pure luck.  They won the ownership lottery.  Having the title gift wrapped and  bought for you makes it less of an achievement in my eyes.  What happened to Man City could have happened to any club.  

For me the whole Manchester City scenario is a disgrace to the Premier League ! A horrible ownership group who have bought a title.

• Like 2

The big clubs are gonna throw a wobbly at the end of the season. Utd can’t beat Huddersfield and Brighton giving as good as they get at arsenal. The tides changing.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

Have arsenal actually improved under new management??

Yes and no. They've managed to grind out a lot more wins but it will take time for Emery to change the players and style of Wenger. 

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

The big clubs are gonna throw a wobbly at the end of the season. Utd can’t beat Huddersfield and Brighton giving as good as they get at arsenal. The tides changing.

Shifting sort of, the top 2 have ran away with the league. 3rd down is becoming a lot more open however.

3 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Yep. And it's only going to get worse for them next season. Us and Wolves will be snapping at their heels from the off I think. 

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Shifting sort of, the top 2 have ran away with the league. 3rd down is becoming a lot more open however.

As predicted, the league will eventually become top 2 league.

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yep. And it's only going to get worse for them next season. Us and Wolves will be snapping at their heels from the off I think. 

Especially with var levelling things out a bit.

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

As predicted, the league will eventually become top 2 league.

The pressure is on the other teams to catch up, hopefully with some good signings we can jump the gap.

23 minutes ago, surrifox said:

This is the worst Arsenal team that I can remember and I recall seeing George Graham as a player 

George Graham was one of my favourite players

That was also a dive from Lacazette, but it'll get brushed under the carpet

Not seen the Arsenal game, might Danny Murphy have something to talk about on MOTD ?