Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yep. And it's only going to get worse for them next season. Us and Wolves will be snapping at their heels from the off I think. 

Especially with var levelling things out a bit.

23 minutes ago, surrifox said:

This is the worst Arsenal team that I can remember and I recall seeing George Graham as a player 

George Graham was one of my favourite players

1 hour ago, BlueSi13 said:

What?  I'm talking about all the money they pumped in to the club when they took us over.  The sound financial footing they gave us was predominantly responsible for us being able to pay the wages on players good enough to get us out of the Championship and for us to subsequently go on to win the Premier League.  Without that investment that simply wouldn't have been able to happen, despite Nigel Pearson doing the amazing job that he did.

Either was I fail to see how you can justify Manchester City not deserving it when it has been pointed out Liverpool have spent a fortune also.  That's the game these days.  

Can't be doing with the same old teams winning it year after year after year, if it takes billionaires like Abramovich and Mansour to shake it up then so be it.  I personally think it's a positive thing.

We are talking about an also ran club (Man City) who hadn't won anything for over 40 years being taken over and transformed into one of the richest clubs in the world and buying world class players and coaches and buying titles.  Are you seriously comparing that to our own owners putting us on a 'sound financial footing' as you put it?  That is ridiculous.   

Without King Power investment, we would have got promotion at some stage because that is what Leicester City have always done and we would have been easily able to afford a £21m team just like any other premier league club could.  Are you saying that the league was bought for us by our owners the same way that Man City's owners have bought their success?  

Look.  It's OK to say, "yes, my argument is a crock of shit" and just back down instead of keeping digging yourself into an ever more ridiculous posiition,

I still don't know how we won the league but we certainly didn't buy it.  We had the cheapest title winning team in PL history.

Let's just move on.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

I'd take Duffy & Dunk all day.  Absolute rocks 100% of the time I see Brighton play

Yes, if we were still playing hoofball.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vacamion said:

That is a dreadful lack of ambition by BHA at the end there.  lol

Them boos, though. lollollol

I'm convinced their no.10 has money on a draw! 

Let's hear it for Arsenal, how does it go again..."Ooooh are yah, who are ya..."

1 minute ago, murphy said:

We are talking about an also ran club (Man City) who hadn't won anything for over 40 years being taken over and transformed into one of the richest clubs in the world and buying world class players and coaches and buying titles.  Are you seriously comparing that to our own owners putting us on a 'sound financial footing' as you put it?  That is ridiculous.   

Without King Power investment, we would have got promotion at some stage because that is what Leicester City have always done and we would have been easily able to afford a £21m team just like any other premier league club could.  Are you saying that the league was bought for us by our owners the same way that Man City's owners have bought their success?  

Look.  It's OK to say, "yes, my argument is a crock of shit" and just back down instead of keeping digging yourself into an ever more ridiculous posiition,

I still don't know how we won the league but we certainly didn't buy it.  We had the cheapest title winning team in PL history.

Let's just move on.

You are right in many ways but would Leicester have spent more on the squad had they had the money available? 

If, for example, we'd have had 100+ million to spend, would we have been happy with a free transfer in Fuchs or Simpson, Marc or Shinji in our starting line up? 

We didn't have the finance that the others had but that was what made us special and a proper tight knit squad that had an unbelievable bond did what they did. 

We had what we had, and it worked beautifully. ?

Arsenal are pathetic lol 

No change from last season, their forward line is just about top four quality but their defence is outside top six quality.

Arsenal have no leaders, Sokratis and Torreira have been decent signings but they need better players alongside them, players that are captain material.

They won't progress until they rectify that problem.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Chelsea and spurs getting champs league because everyone else is shite

What an uninspiring league. The top two are playing who will blink first. The next four are flailing around hopelessly. The next four after that are playing for the dubious honour of the initial group stages of the Europa league. The rest are so useless you can stay up without needing 40 points. I really hope we and Wolves cause an upset and some excitement.