Sign in to follow this  
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

Man Utd fans only have themselves to blame for shooting their load early, they wanted him appointed permanently, they got their wish, now they've turned shit again.

They are in the same boat as Arsenal, no leaders in the team and a piss poor defence.

They won't progress if they keep dishing out new contracts to shit players like Ashley Young and Phil Jones.

• Like 1

Brighton and Bournemouth interested in employing Eric Dier after yesterdays performance. The local councils have offered £5 a ride he just needs an RSPCA check.

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Such a stupid stat of "points from last 3 games" and sits Arsenal 20th.

Agreed, form tables should be based on at least 6 games, not just to suit the agenda of making arsenal look crap which we pretty much know anyway. 

• Like 1

Tom Daley there for Arsenal.

Loads of there fans calling Maddison a cheat for last week. They've had 2 players diving already

9 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

Proper dodged a bullet with that Jahanbakhsh

... Then took one with Deirdre! 

23 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

I don't understand this. His record in Norway was decent. Shrewd appointment....

His record in England isn't great. Relegated with Cardiff (which I am not necessarily blaming him for), some good early results at United against mostly poor teams and one amazing result against a PSG team that might as well have booted the ball into the back of their own net they imploded so badly, as they often do. 

5 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Tom Daley there for Arsenal.

He gets around.

He was also playing for Derby earlier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, murphy said:

Nope:

Schmeichel - £1m

Simpson     - £2,5m

Fuchs - Free

Morgan - £1m

Huth - £3.5m

Kante - £5.6m

Drinkwater - £0.9m

Shinji - £5.6m

Vardy - £1m

Albrighton - Free

Mahrez - £0.4m

Total - £21.5m 

You are having a mare!   lol

I just want teams that compete for the title to actually earn it.  Like we did.  Man City are there by fortuitous accident.  

Spurs are breaking into the monopoly that you talk about and they're doing it themselves but really, I don't care who wins the league just so long as they earn it.  There is something to be said for Leicester  being part of a group of only 6 clubs that won the PL. 

What?  I'm talking about all the money they pumped in to the club when they took us over.  The sound financial footing they gave us was predominantly responsible for us being able to pay the wages on players good enough to get us out of the Championship and for us to subsequently go on to win the Premier League.  Without that investment that simply wouldn't have been able to happen, despite Nigel Pearson doing the amazing job that he did.

Either was I fail to see how you can justify Manchester City not deserving it when it has been pointed out Liverpool have spent a fortune also.  That's the game these days.  

Can't be doing with the same old teams winning it year after year after year, if it takes billionaires like Abramovich and Mansour to shake it up then so be it.  I personally think it's a positive thing.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Man Utd fans only have themselves to blame for shooting their load early, they wanted him appointed permanently, they got their wish, now they've turned shit again.

They are in the same boat as Arsenal, no leaders in the team and a piss poor defence.

They won't progress if they keep dishing out new contracts to shit players like Ashley Young and Phil Jones.

If social media is to be believed, it already looks as if Gollum is losing some support.

18 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

I live near Mainz,so supported Klopp and "his" Mainz. Yes I was ecstatic when he took over at my only real German team BVB,saddened when he left...

I met him and spoke to him on a few occasions,first when he was still a player....

I can only speak positive over him,and the then Mainz-players. Uwe Stover,was a neighbour,and he invited my son and I over a few times,Stover knew S.Freund,and always said he would like to play in a lower PL or championship team,unfortunately he took some late heavy career ending injuries.

Even then Klopp,made a joke and said their own small clique were too old to contemplate going over & Stephan had a good strain and 2nd release of career,and it Opened up for him...A couple of lads  including klopp already,taking interest in taking their coaching-badges.

Klopp said,he wants to stay in Germany and see if he could cut it,then if the chance came,he would love to eventually coach in England...but was humble enough to say,there is a long,long learning path before he could consider it.!!!

Funny thing is Uwe Stover and Klopp,came around and knowing I was always yapping on about BvB got me 2 tickets for Mainz-BVB when Mainz got promoted...

Seen him once more,after he became BVB boss,and he greeted us,in the stadium...but life goes on....

In those few moments of sharing his and a clique of Mainz players company a group of fine lads,with a good sense of humour.

Now it's been  interesting to see him climb the footballing ladder..A guy I didn't know from Adam,and was a decent lad who I and my son just shared some quiet moments with...

that's nice

Brighton showing that players can actually stay on their feet, fair play lad. 

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Weird how Sky keep billing tomorrow's game as Man City vs Ex-Liverpool Manager Brendan Rodgers.

They are contractually obliged to mention Liverpool every 5 minutes so need to fit it in whenever they can. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Weird how Sky keep billing tomorrow's game as Man City vs Ex-Liverpool Manager Brendan Rodgers.

Well it was never gonna be little old Leicester was it? :whistle: