Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

18 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

I live near Mainz,so supported Klopp and "his" Mainz. Yes I was ecstatic when he took over at my only real German team BVB,saddened when he left...

I met him and spoke to him on a few occasions,first when he was still a player....

I can only speak positive over him,and the then Mainz-players. Uwe Stover,was a neighbour,and he invited my son and I over a few times,Stover knew S.Freund,and always said he would like to play in a lower PL or championship team,unfortunately he took some late heavy career ending injuries.

Even then Klopp,made a joke and said their own small clique were too old to contemplate going over & Stephan had a good strain and 2nd release of career,and it Opened up for him...A couple of lads  including klopp already,taking interest in taking their coaching-badges.

Klopp said,he wants to stay in Germany and see if he could cut it,then if the chance came,he would love to eventually coach in England...but was humble enough to say,there is a long,long learning path before he could consider it.!!!

Funny thing is Uwe Stover and Klopp,came around and knowing I was always yapping on about BvB got me 2 tickets for Mainz-BVB when Mainz got promoted...

Seen him once more,after he became BVB boss,and he greeted us,in the stadium...but life goes on....

In those few moments of sharing his and a clique of Mainz players company a group of fine lads,with a good sense of humour.

Now it's been  interesting to see him climb the footballing ladder..A guy I didn't know from Adam,and was a decent lad who I and my son just shared some quiet moments with...

that's nice

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Weird how Sky keep billing tomorrow's game as Man City vs Ex-Liverpool Manager Brendan Rodgers.

They are contractually obliged to mention Liverpool every 5 minutes so need to fit it in whenever they can. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bovril said:

I know it's easy to say now but I wonder if Ole's appointment will go down as one of the worst in recent memory. I feel like the whole Class of 92 love in affected the decision. And yes I know that he came in 96, but without the veneration of that era's players I doubt he would have had a sniff at the job. 

Clutching at a former glory instead of planning a new one. A sign of real desperation. I await the day that we appoint a 45 year old Vardy to instill some fast counter attacking football.

They do have a point. If it wasn't for Liverpool the league would be over in February like it is in France and Germany (not this season obvs). Man City are miles ahead of everybody else. They're on a different solar system.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I think Brighton's only hope for next season is for the 3 teams that come up to be worse than they are.

Think their only hope of staying up is if they get rid of Hughton.

4 hours ago, murphy said:

Nice rant, but you're not quite understanding what I am saying.  lol

When we won it we did it under our own steam.  Our first team cost £25m, so I'm not sure how you managed to infer that I am criticising our own title win.  That is literally the opposite of what I am saying.  :facepalm:

The title really shouldn't be any of Man City's business but they are up there by pure luck.  They won the ownership lottery.  Having the title gift wrapped and  bought for you makes it less of an achievement in my eyes.  What happened to Man City could have happened to any club.  

For me the whole Manchester City scenario is a disgrace to the Premier League ! A horrible ownership group who have bought a title.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

Have arsenal actually improved under new management??

Yes and no. They've managed to grind out a lot more wins but it will take time for Emery to change the players and style of Wenger. 

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

The big clubs are gonna throw a wobbly at the end of the season. Utd can’t beat Huddersfield and Brighton giving as good as they get at arsenal. The tides changing.

Shifting sort of, the top 2 have ran away with the league. 3rd down is becoming a lot more open however.

3 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

The big clubs are gonna throw a wobbly at the end of the season. Utd can’t beat Huddersfield and Brighton giving as good as they get at arsenal. The tides changing.

Yep. And it's only going to get worse for them next season. Us and Wolves will be snapping at their heels from the off I think.