Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

37 minutes ago, Corky said:

According to Five Live, plenty of Arsenal fans walking out before the lap of appreciation. Going away after a crap home performance, should be grateful for what they've seen, eh, Martin Keown?

“Some of these fans have short memories!”

3 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

I'm a bit annoyed about Arsenal. Would have been amazing to see them finish above Spurs and knock them out the top 4.

Not as annoyed as my wife :P

Since I don't care about Man City or Liverpool, I just hope we can play well tomorrow and hopefully snatch a win - (I think anything more is unlikely - I doubt they'll lose it like Spurs did vs Chelsea the year we won it!)

Edited by PhillippaT
My sense of time has deserted me...
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bovril said:

They blew it though. 

I've got to disagree with this. Titles aren't won/lost in January. Both teams Have been relentless, both teams have had slightly dodgy patches. It's just that Man City's came a month earlier than Liverpool's.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Danizen said:

I've got to disagree with this. Titles aren't won/lost in January. Both teams Have been relentless, both teams have had slightly dodgy patches. It's just that Man City's came a month earlier than Liverpool's.

Ok I'm being harsh but they were seven points clear. Liverpool fans can say "couldn't ask any more from the team" as much as they want but you know they will be devastated. They have potentially let it slip through their hands for the second time in five years. 

26 minutes ago, bovril said:

Ok I'm being harsh but they were seven points clear. Liverpool fans can say "couldn't ask any more from the team" as much as they want but you know they will be devastated. They have potentially let it slip through their hands for the second time in five years. 

They have only dropped 15 pts all season,not really let it slip.

Only Man City 100pts and Chelsea 95pts have ever got more points in Premier history.

Man City are just at another level.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

They have only dropped 15 pts all season,not really let it slip.

Only Man City 100pts and Chelsea 95pts have ever got more points in Premier history.

Man City are just at another level.

Please allow me to wallow in the fact we cruised to the title three years ago and Liverpool are still struggling to get it done. 

3 hours ago, Paddy. said:

Any side that features Granit Xhaka every week deserves everything it gets. Absolute joke of a footballer.

Even though he can be a solid rock, he does have the tendency to become a bombscare to his team..

7 hours ago, Danizen said:

It’s fine to hate Liverpool (though I don’t) but it seems silly to deny them due credit for putting together one of the best seasons in EPL history.  They and Man City are great teams utterly dominating the league and they deserve to be acknowledged.  I don’t give a crap which one wins, really, but I’m under no illusions that they don’t deserve to way than anyone else.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 2

Guest MattP

Any truth is this Twitter rumour we get a few million in add ons for Mahrez if City win the league? Seems excessive.

6 hours ago, trabuch said:

This year's premiere league is of a far lower standard than when we won it.

I think overall the lesser clubs have just got better players than say 5 years ago where it was only the bigger teams that could afford luxury players, the smaller sides have been injected with TV money and can afford to splash money on players they once couldn't which is probably making it a lot more competitive than it once was.

4 minutes ago, MattP said:

Any truth is this Twitter rumour we get a few million in add ons for Mahrez if City win the league? Seems excessive.

Who knows, but even if it is the people who are getting excited are forgetting the extra prize money we would get for finishing up higher in the league, so it really wouldn't make any difference. 

14 hours ago, BlueSi13 said:

Tell you what, looking at that top six I see no reason why clubs like ours, Wolverhampton Wanderers, West Ham United, Watford and Everton shouldn't be looking to break in to it next season.

Shame that we didn't do it this season when 3 through 6 weren't actually hot.

6 hours ago, trabuch said:

This year's premiere league is of a far lower standard than when we won it.

Too many people knocking the prem this season because 3 through 6 have lost a few recently. The worst that you can say is that they are a little inconsistent but I think we should actually be bigging up the entire prem. Any team is good enough to win on any given matchday.

Bear in mind that half of the teams in the CL quarterfinals were English.

Bear in mind that half of the teams in the CL semis are English (and that doesn't include the top of the prem team)

Bear in mind that half of the teams in the Europa semis are English.

If the teams 3 through 6 are crap that doesn't say much for the rest of Europe does it?

14 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Im with you Alf ...   I think we’ll win too ! ...   bloody shark has ate the young lad and Pippin the dog now ...     fookin monster !!!   

Hang on its the drunks on the on the end of the pier bit now ...   classic !!

No spoilers please

2 hours ago, FIF said:

Shame that we didn't do it this season when 3 through 6 weren't actually hot.

Too many people knocking the prem this season because 3 through 6 have lost a few recently. The worst that you can say is that they are a little inconsistent but I think we should actually be bigging up the entire prem. Any team is good enough to win on any given matchday.

Bear in mind that half of the teams in the CL quarterfinals were English.

Bear in mind that half of the teams in the CL semis are English (and that doesn't include the top of the prem team)

Bear in mind that half of the teams in the Europa semis are English.

If the teams 3 through 6 are crap that doesn't say much for the rest of Europe does it?

There's nothing to suggest any of those teams will be any better next season, with many of their 'better' players being linked away. Aside from Liverpool and Man City again, I can see the big 6 gap closing, they are there for the taking.

Edit: this was written to reinforce your statement of a strong league, I realised it doesn't read that way lol

Edited by wardyfox86

13 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

The single most over-rated player I can ever remember. Absolute myth.

Maybe he's just a 21 year old who isn't the finished product yet, but still has a reasonable goals : games return for someone his age who often plays out wide? I hate terms like "fraud" and "myth" in relation to football - he's just a really good young player who if anything has been a victim of the great goalscoring start he made to his first team career.

• Like 2