Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

6 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

So, after our sensational victory at the Etihad tomorrow..... 

We'll be 3 points behind Wolves with a better goal difference. Our last match will be at home to a team with nothing to play for.....while our orange rivals will be away to a team playing for the title. 7th place sown up!

After Man City tank Watford in the FA Cup Final, it's Kazakhstan here we come, for Europa League qualifiers in July or whenever....

:ph34r:

Dream on Alf ....   

8 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

So, after our sensational victory at the Etihad tomorrow..... 

We'll be 3 points behind Wolves with a better goal difference. Our last match will be at home to a team with nothing to play for.....while our orange rivals will be away to a team playing for the title. 7th place sown up!

After Man City tank Watford in the FA Cup Final, it's Kazakhstan here we come, for Europa League qualifiers in July or whenever....

:ph34r:

Maybe a tad over optimistic lol

CL places for the Chelsea and the bottlers.  And for the stunning achievement of out-bottling the bottlers … EL places.

poch.JPG.7c79ae48689955a658222e96a2720af2.JPG   sarri.JPG.9f550c4124dbd0929f4e9578a22ed788.JPG   AllPrizes.JPG.b2c49950cccdb7eb3c0a22c2522b9365.JPG   unai.JPG.36b9cf04038969bc75409d025f9c40f5.JPG   ogs.JPG.2fe8b2679c74d70706dffc2b21b7296e.JPG

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, murphy said:

We are talking about an also ran club (Man City) who hadn't won anything for over 40 years being taken over and transformed into one of the richest clubs in the world and buying world class players and coaches and buying titles.  Are you seriously comparing that to our own owners putting us on a 'sound financial footing' as you put it?  That is ridiculous.   

Without King Power investment, we would have got promotion at some stage because that is what Leicester City have always done and we would have been easily able to afford a £21m team just like any other premier league club could.  Are you saying that the league was bought for us by our owners the same way that Man City's owners have bought their success?  

Look.  It's OK to say, "yes, my argument is a crock of shit" and just back down instead of keeping digging yourself into an ever more ridiculous posiition,

I still don't know how we won the league but we certainly didn't buy it.  We had the cheapest title winning team in PL history.

Let's just move on.

Isn't that what the Fenway Sport Group has done with Liverpool?  Pumped in huge investment to buy world class players and subsequently buy the title?  I fail to see why Liverpool are allowed to do that but not a club like Manchester City?

Fundamentally I disagree with your point of view that Manchester City should not be allowed to buy their way in to the upper echelons of world football based on what happened before a lot of our lifetimes.  Just like Abramovich with Chelsea, they are creating a new history and I fully support teams having the freedom to do that rather than be locked out by historical giants such as Manchester United or Liverpool.

But we'll agree to disagree.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Any side that features Granit Xhaka every week deserves everything it gets. Absolute joke of a footballer.

£35m for this clown. £35m for Mustafi as well. Shocking. I don't even get Xhaka. Watched him for 3 years and other than the odd good long range passing he doesn't contribute. He is the Swiss Jonjo Shelvey.

Getting Tielemans for £40m would be a ****ing bargain considering the dross that go for that kind of money.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Could I refer you to the final post in this thread?

Will have to come back to you Alf ...   just finished off the steak and the wine and watching the young girl swimming in the water in the opening scenes in Jaws ...   whilst eating the Gu triple chocolate cheesecake ...    

Me not her !!  

3 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

Isn't that what the Fenway Sport Group has done with Liverpool?  Pumped in huge investment to buy world class players and subsequently buy the title?  I fail to see why Liverpool are allowed to do that but not a club like Manchester City?

Fundamentally I disagree with your point of view that Manchester City should not be allowed to buy their way in to the upper echelons of world football based on what happened before a lot of our lifetimes.  Just like Abramovich with Chelsea, they are creating a new history and I fully support teams having the freedom to do that rather than be locked out by historical giants such as Manchester United or Liverpool.

But we'll agree to disagree.

In fairness their net spend over the last 5 years compared to Man City’s is a lot less,  in fact only a bit more than West Ham’s. I don’t want Liverpool winning the league either but you can’t say they’ve bought it in the same way as Man City have.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/fuenfjahresvergleich/wettbewerb/GB1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koke said:

They do have a point. If it wasn't for Liverpool the league would be over in February like it is in France and Germany (not this season obvs). Man City are miles ahead of everybody else. They're on a different solar system.

Want Man City to win but very fair point and Liverpool deserve a lot of credit. No way can people say either team 'bottled it' if they drop any more points and finish 2nd.

No matter what happens you have to give credit to the team finishing 2nd also for making it a two horse race.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

Tell you what, looking at that top six I see no reason why clubs like ours, Wolverhampton Wanderers, West Ham United, Watford and Everton shouldn't be looking to break in to it next season.

I'm glad we aren't likely to get into Europe as I don't think we have the squad depth to cover it yet. With Arsenal, Man United and potentially Wolves all playing on Thursday nights and with extra games there is a massive opportunity to get in front of one of those teams at the very least. With Brendan coming in a little earlier it's also given us effectively a longer pre-season. Already many of our players have adapted to his style of play and the performances and results have already improved and we will only get better. He also will have a clear idea of who he wants to bring in, and I suspect that list only needs one or two players to kick us on again.

Even if Tielemans doesn't sign, we know the difference a top player in that position will make. And whilst he has been fantastic it's not like we are a one man team. TIelemans / a similar midfield player and a wide player that can score goals and it's on!

• Like 2

I do think it’ll be tighter between 6th and 7th next season, VAR I’m convinced will work in the “smaller” clubs favour. I’m not sure if we will break the top 6 though,I guess we will wait and see who buys who during the summer. 

9 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Will have to come back to you Alf ...   just finished off the steak and the wine and watching the young girl swimming in the water in the opening scenes in Jaws ...   whilst eating the Gu triple chocolate cheesecake ...    

Me not her !!  

You're going to burst those orange shorts. Please don't post photos if you do.

I'm not seriously expecting us to win at Man City......but it's not ENTIRELY impossible. I just hope we perform and give them a good run for their money.

We're perfectly capable of scoring once, possibly more than once........keeping them out is more of an issue.

"Dream, baby, dream!"

1 minute ago, Alf Bentley said:

You're going to burst those orange shorts. Please don't post photos if you do.

I'm not seriously expecting us to win at Man City......but it's not ENTIRELY impossible. I just hope we perform and give them a good run for their money.

We're perfectly capable of scoring once, possibly more than once........keeping them out is more of an issue.

"Dream, baby, dream!"

Im with you Alf ...   I think we’ll win too ! ...   bloody shark has ate the young lad and Pippin the dog now ...     fookin monster !!!   

Hang on its the drunks on the on the end of the pier bit now ...   classic !!

2 hours ago, Koke said:

They do have a point. If it wasn't for Liverpool the league would be over in February like it is in France and Germany (not this season obvs). Man City are miles ahead of everybody else. They're on a different solar system.

They blew it though. 

Just now, Nalis said:

As an aside, I'm loving how many points teams outside the top 6 have taken off 3rd to 6th in recent months, particularly as the record was looking worryingly poor in the first few months of the season.

That's a great point :thumbup:

If teams outside the top six had not shown so much respect and gone for jugular like they have in the 2nd half of the season who knows what the table would have looked like outside the top 2.