Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Riyad’s Destiny Bingo

Where will Riyad end up?  

378 members have voted

1. 1. Where?

2. 2. How much?

This is simply Riyad’s “Destination” Bingo.  For “Destiny” I would have expected

• Heaven
  • Hell
  • Limbo

Or at least

• Rotting with the U23s until he’s 82
  • Exiled
  • Drawn and Quartered
  • Deified

Which would have been an interesting thread.  Except I suppose we’ve already done it.

• Haha 1

I canvassed the votes for ITKs, having no real clue of my own.

@Abrasive fox, you voted Roma yet at a 60M transfer fee.  I would have put them among the clubs which would all but default to the 50M minimum.  Do you mind letting us know why you feel they will be able to double last summer's offer?  Just the proceeds from Salah, or ... ?  At that price, one figures Monchi could get it done.

And to all, is there any precedent for a sell-on fee in a transfer this expensive?  The way the market keeps going, you have to wonder if a 50M star player could easily become a 100M+ player.

3 hours ago, KingsX said:

I canvassed the votes for ITKs, having no real clue of my own.

@Abrasive fox, you voted Roma yet at a 60M transfer fee.  I would have put them among the clubs which would all but default to the 50M minimum.  Do you mind letting us know why you feel they will be able to double last summer's offer?  Just the proceeds from Salah, or ... ?  At that price, one figures Monchi could get it done.

And to all, is there any precedent for a sell-on fee in a transfer this expensive?  The way the market keeps going, you have to wonder if a 50M star player could easily become a 100M+ player.

Because that's what I was told was agreed, albeit by no one at Leicester, but would makes sense given they'll have the champions league money.

You also make a good point about the way transfer fees are going - they're going to get bigger than a lot of merger and acquisitions on some big companies so can only see them becoming more structured and getting set up earlier and earlier.

The thai court case might actually help us this summer, they will want to tie up as much money in the club as possible to minimise any potential fine they can get so ploughing money into the club with signings and stadium expansions is a good thing.

Edited by Abrasive fox
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 16.4.2018 at 13:57, rachhere said:

Picked Arsenal. In general though I expect either a London based or French side. 

Only PSG could afford his wages.

But at least he'd be back home - Sarcelles' merely a stone's throw away.

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

which I don't really mind but the whole of English football will take the piss out of us for turning down 65 mill in jan (saying how we think we are bigger than we are which will be added to by the departure of puel)

Who cares. If he doesn't go to one of the big English clubs, they will only care enough to take the piss for about 0.2 of a femtosecond before going back to debating whether or not Pep is a fraud or whatever the hot topic at the time is.

Really don't know about Mahrez now. Was about to type that he has to go this summer, but then I thought there is a chance that his antics in January and his poor form since may mean we get no sensible offers for him. If that happens, Riyad may realise that he's staying, and he needs to get his head down. There's also a chance that Puel (yeah, right) or his replacement gets the team playing better next season, and it rubs off on RM.

Having said that, I think it's probably more likely that he'll be sold to another PL club (Chelsea or Liverpool?) for around £45m.

I've been resigned to us losing him for ages now. So used to seeing him play poorly that it's almost weird there is any fuss over him. You see people on here saying we'll miss him when he's gone, but they're talking about the player we had in 2015/16. Far too often since then, he's been a passenger and we'd be better off with 11 men.

Without sounding harsh, don't really care anymore currently.

This has been going on for such a while now, that not entirely fussed whether he stays or not.

He only seems to perform in about 1-in-3 games now, for whatever reason, unfortunately.

Until he starts playing excellently again more often to see him being at his potential best again, in the meantime the speculation with him has felt like forever.

Have a feeling some pre-transfer agreement has been done with another club.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

53 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Just been Linked to Madrid for 50million... Would happily take that in all honesty, maybe with a player on loan. But getting him abroad means we don't play him again!

Ramadaone called £50m abroad didn't he, I'd be well happy with this. He's been useless this season and just doesn't try anymore

• Like 1