Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Evans

I think the links to Man City and Arsenal have flattered him some what. He was only going there to be a competent back up or quick fix for them.

Is he overrated right now? Yes. Was he underrated before? Yes.

If he wants regular football, then he would be foolish to go to anyone bigger than ourselves. Perhaps only Everton would be a better place for him right now as they should be on the up next season with a new manager and further investment, and he would still be considered a starter there.

I'd take him as a replacement to Big Wes, but I wouldn't be that bothered if we missed out on him. There are a number of decent CB's we could go after. We have one at the club already in Dragovic. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

He's 30 years old, still got a good four years in him for a centre back. Wes Morgan hadn't even played PL football at that age.

Evans would be a great signing for me, an experienced calming influence at the back whose best asset is his brain.

But he’s injury prone, players that suffer recurring injuries never have the same longevity. Nowadays they can play until a greater age but it’s not a given, there’s uncertainty over how long exactly they have - could be 18 months could be 5 years.

He was linked with Arsenal and Man United in January so it’s unlikely he ends up here anyway 

On ‎18‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 07:30, AjcW said:

Seems a bit of a twat by all accounts. Was one of the ones involved in the ridiculous taxi incident. 

Dont really get what all all the fuss is about around him to be honest. 

There’s plenty better and younger out there. 

Who for instance?

15 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

the whole he's old,injury prone .etc. if fair enough if we're paying a proper fee, but for 3mill it's win win really

I agree .. No brainer at three mil. Would be a super partner for Maguire. 

Good player - can't see him at Arsenal or Man City as per the links earlier in the season, but think he'd fit in fairly well here. I seem to remember us spending £3m on an injury-prone 30-year-old centre back from a Premier League team fairly recently, and that turned out well enough.

18 hours ago, Wookie said:

But he’s injury prone, players that suffer recurring injuries never have the same longevity. Nowadays they can play until a greater age but it’s not a given, there’s uncertainty over how long exactly they have - could be 18 months could be 5 years.

He was linked with Arsenal and Man United in January so it’s unlikely he ends up here anyway 

Wikipedia says that he's played 90 games in the last three seasons...

He's an upgrade on Morgan and Huth. Would be sound alongside Maguire or in a back 3 with Maguire and hopefully Dragovic. Bring in someone like Pereira to play RWB and suddenly there's real improvement and options.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's an upgrade on Morgan and Huth. Would be sound alongside Maguire or in a back 3 with Maguire and hopefully Dragovic. Bring in someone like Pereira to play RWB and suddenly there's real improvement and options.

I do think he would be a perfect partner for Maguire. Lots of experience at a higher level, playing different styles with a hoof approach at WBA and a play out the back style when he was at Man U all those years. He seems like a vocal leader, something Wes is not and I do think a calm, experience head alongside Maguire would do him the world of good.

His injury record is a concern though and I think we would struggle to get Drago to sign if we are not giving him some guarantees of starting next season. Money talks though and Wes being sold and Huth leaving may help convince him!

If we had a choice from Maguire, Evans, Dragovic and Amartey/Young CB, then I'd be very happy with that. 

Equally, I wouldn't be too unhappy if we miss out on him, as there are a few decent CB's we could also target, e.g Zouma, Mawson, Gibson etc

Amazing how many people think he's too old at 30 considering he's a centre half and the ones who think he's not good enough for us despite attracting actual bids and attention from Man City, Man Utd and Arsenal in the last few months.

I'd love to see Evans and Maguire team up together. Big Wes as third choice to see out his final year's contract and hopefully one of the academy lads is good enough to be upgraded to 4th choice centre back.