Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Evans

.....Evans will not come to Leicester!

We have tried to get him in before with no success and I feel we are one of the last clubs he would look to sign for. Just like Sigurdsson we are not on his radar and irrespective of how much we bid, he will not be coming hear.

Interestingly getting Smalling in from Manchester United might not be a bad shout. I think Mourinho is about to rip his team apart and he is a likely casualty.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....Evans will not come to Leicester!

We have tried to get him in before with no success and I feel we are one of the last clubs he would look to sign for. Just like Sigurdsson we are not on his radar and irrespective of how much we bid, he will not be coming hear.

Interestingly getting Smalling in from Manchester United might not be a bad shout. I think Mourinho is about to rip his team apart and he is a likely casualty.

Jonny Evan who plays for West Brom won't come to Leicester.

But Man Utd's Chris Smalling Will?

Whilst you maybe correct on Jonny Evans mainly on the links to city and arsenal etc. Do you think Smalling wants to be part of swap with Harry? Doubt it 

7 hours ago, sylofox said:

Seems odd we buy an old player to replace a slightly older player.

So we give him a four year contract and in two years he's lost his pace.

Not sure I want him.

Easy - just give him a two-year contract then, then take it from there and assess his situation season-by-season.

We can't rely on an entirely young(ish) squad only, you need experienced, no-bullshit PL players and Evans fits that profile.

I think he's also a very good defender and one of the best footballers in an otherwise disappointing West Bromwich side.

5 hours ago, Gerard said:

Well Man City and Arsenal wanted him last summer but refused to pay the £30m asking price. We had a £21m bid refused.

I suspect one of the big clubs will pick him up for the £3m required but Evans is obviously in a good position with the wages and signing on fee as his club will be losing £20m from the transfer fee.

Seems like the incentives are all wrong for him. Club gets relegated, he pockets a small fortune.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

It's hard to see Maguire staying after being linked with most of the big 5 clubs. So Evans would be a great addition. If we get a big fee for Maguire would love to see us also bring in Mawson and Drag permanent.

This should be Wes Morgans last season at this level, I think he even hinted at it himself.

With Mawson, Drag, Evans and Hughes we look really strong at Cb again.

Chilwell I feel will have learnt a lot this season and will be a better player next. 

Bring in a Rb and it's not a bad back line

The fee for mawson wouldn't be far off the fee for maguire. I don't see that happening.

5 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Easy - just give him a two-year contract then, then take it from there and assess his situation season-by-season.

We can't rely on an entirely young(ish) squad only, you need experienced, no-bullshit PL players and Evans fits that profile.

I think he's also a very good defender and one of the best footballers in an otherwise disappointing West Bromwich side.

And he would agree to that why ......

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

And he would agree to that why ......

It's all down to negotiations and what other aspects of the deal could make up for a two-year contract (better weekly wages, additional clauses, other extras).

Which other team would be willing to give him a four-year contract?

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Guys ....  he isn’t going to come here for a two year deal. It’s just fanciful. 

he might consider a Man City for two years but even that’s a stretch. He has one big contract left - he isn’t going to accept that being a two year one. 

Of course not, at £3m he'll have offers coming out of his ears.

My guess is he'll back his own ability and go to a big club. Even if it becomes Drinkwater-esque it's still not a bad decision as it's better to try and fail than die wondering. 

Evans only turned 30 in January so is still quite young for a centre half so he may decide to come here if regular first team football is something that's non negotiable for him. If he signed a four year contract he'll still likely be a valuable player for us at the end of it. Jonny Evans strength is his brain more than anything else.

Edited by Gerard

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/04/2018 at 14:35, Bayfox said:

Jonny Evan who plays for West Brom won't come to Leicester.

But Man Utd's Chris Smalling Will?

Whilst you maybe correct on Jonny Evans mainly on the links to city and arsenal etc. Do you think Smalling wants to be part of swap with Harry? Doubt it 

Neither of those players will come here. 

Best we can hope for is championship players and Portuguese league duffers. 

• Like 1

I think Evans is overrated. I'd rather we went for someone else, but he's obviously an upgrade on Wes.

I'd be sorry to see Maguire leave, especially after just one season, but he will command a huge fee, no doubt. I guess Smalling would be a decent replacement if we could get him (doubt he'd want to come here).

I think we're in for a huge summer. Massive overhaul of squad and probably management. Let's hope we get it right.

A back four of:

Chilwell/new LB, Evans, Smalling (preferrably Maguire), Pereira

...might be decent. I'm really unsure about Chilwell. I've not really been impressed with him so far, but I think he should be given time. He is very young, and occassionally does show potential. Fuchs was past it last season, so I don't think he'll do even as backup next season. I'd bring in a new starting LB and have Chilwell as a squad player.

9 hours ago, Wookie said:

Ageing, a touch overrated and injury prone. Nah.

He's 30 years old, still got a good four years in him for a centre back. Wes Morgan hadn't even played PL football at that age.

Evans would be a great signing for me, an experienced calming influence at the back whose best asset is his brain.