Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leics 0- Soton 0 post match thread.

Progress Report

1. Demonstrates improved flexibility

- Patient was able to move the dominant 30 minutes from the end of the match to the beginning.

Edited by KingsX
  • Haha 1

Just now, TonyN11 said:

I'm still positive about next season with Puel.

He needs to have a full season with us and not be hampered by someone like Mahrez who, I think, Puel wanted rid-of but the owners didn't allow it.

Really don't want to see Riyad picked again this season - our development is more important than the owners' shop window.

Puel will not be mangers next season at this rate

1 minute ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I think you'll find they managed two on target all game, the second coming from Austin in the final minutes of the game.

They had everyone behind the ball.  Instead of bringing on Austin for a defensive player, he replaces Long ffs.  Defensive all game.

We had 3 a peice. Both on and off target. If they had 11 men behind the ball and only Shane long upfront then you're saying for 75 minutes we were out possessed by Shane long? 

At times our approach play was ok, but it did not hurt Southampton, other then the last 10 mins, they were comfortable.

Looking pretty in midfield does not win you games.

If Puel wantz to play this way, he needs world class players that can break down defence,, because our tempo is slow, teams have the time to organise

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

If you don't care what most people think, maybe a forum isn't the right place to be.

You are literally reading what most people think. 

Reading people's opinion doesn't mean buying into it. Try harder.

Edited by ZeGuy

6 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Totally agree mate. The decision to loan out both Slimani and Ulloa and thus rob ourselves of even having that option was an absolutely ridiculous decision.

Perhaps, but that's hardly the big issue when we refuse to play a style that plays to Vardy's strengths.

Vardy is the superior striker by far, so playing a style that suits crap, tall players is the problem. The fact that we choose to loan out the players that do suit this crap style for crap players is a secondary issue.

No point moaning about having no plan B when we don't even have an acceptable plan A.

Why did we bin off Slimani in January? Ulloa I understand, but Slimani would be perfect to ghost in at the back post (like his Champions League goals) as an option B. If we're going to keep the ball like this and give the opposition chance to regain shape, we need a fvcking battering ram!

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

We had 3 a peice. Both on and off target. If they had 11 men behind the ball and only Shane long upfront then you're saying for 75 minutes we were out possessed by Shane long? 

image.png.06c0be082431031ce3ae37f6e88ed79b.png

They didn't even manage a single touch in our area for the first 30 minutes either.  What game were you watching?

• Like 1

Positives:

•It was slightly (and I can’t emphasise that word enough) better than I’ve seen recently - bare in mind what I’ve seen recently has been absolutely diabolical.

•He finally grew some balls and dropped Morgan.

•We kept a clean sheet.

Negatives:

•We couldn’t break down Southampton...SOUTHAMPTON!

•We couldn’t break down Southampton and it took till 89 minutes to bring on 2 more subs. Any point?

•It was still crap, boring.

Fuck off, please!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Heard a lot of discontent. Don't really completely agree with it. That was the most defensive 451 we've played all season. It was pathetic from Hughes, they were well drilled and organised but made zero effort to win the game. 

Credit where its due, that's not easy to play against. We complain that we can't bring them down but not a lot of teams can, it's not straight forward.

I thought we worker pretty hard and played on of our best games in recent weeks. But we don't have Silva or Sterling or Aguero and we can't just twinkle toes out way through something that stubborn. 

Hmmm 4 defeats in there last four including 

3-0 Newcastle away

3-0 West Ham away both last month

For all the talk of negative football (I would say it is more laboured than negative), I think our real issue is that we are afraid to take risks. At the start of Ranieri's reign, we scored and conceded so many in the first 10 games, partly because we were underrated but also had belief that we'd get goals back. 

I don't see that currently. We are happy to keep it tight then go for it when losing 1-0. We are a team that seems to play well in bursts rather than longer spells during a match.

I have seen worse football but I understand the annoyance, tonight didn't really bother me, our failure to beat Swansea, Stoke and Bournemouth with the amount of chances, set-pieces cost us.

• Like 1

Puel, needs something more than what he is offering. He's a nice guy but not for our club. So at the end of the season he will be going, and we need a manager like a Wagner or Eddie Howe, someone with a bit of passion and a purpose to re-energise the team. 

• Like 1

Defeat at Palace on Saturday  should just about make up the owners mind if they think this is the way to go. 

They will have heard the booing at the end, if that was that was directed at the players , I wasn't at the match..