Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leics 0- Soton 0 post match thread.

Claude Puel is proving as useful as a fart in box

Easy kop out, that the team is evolving as excuse for shit performances, the truth is the team seems to revert to type anyway and look at long balls to vardy when passing doesn't work

Edited by HankMarvin

Lacking individual quality and composure in key moments, especially from wide positions, specifically our crossing. Every single delivery bar a couple to Vardy was abysmal tonight, makes us so easy to defend against.

The only positives were Barnes making his bow in the league, and defensively we looked alright.

Part of me wishes we'd stop sacking ****ing managers and have the buck stop with the players for a change - but our form since January has been a bit alarming. I say alarming, I'm struggling to be arsed at the moment.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Should really have won that, really disappointed in Mahrez, I think he was our worst player, slowed it down so much and just refused to cross

Dunno about mahrez, he was unusually deep. Suppose Puel told to stay abit back to suck some players out and free spaces for the others. Got a couple of good crosses but was nowhere near weighting on the game. 

Afraid this game could cost Puel his job.

He made a terrible mistake by selling the two target men. 

Edited by ZeGuy

Some promising ish interplay at times, but we move the ball so slowly that it's very easy for the opposition defence to set themselves.

Wish we'd try and get some overlaps on the flanks to vary our play. It's all too central and if it does find its way wide, invariably it's being crossed from too deep a position.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Despite his good season, I'm convinced we can't play at home against crap sides with Vardy and no height going forward. It's too easy for teams to come and defend here as they just deal with the millions of crosses each game and we haven't got enough clever players to do anything else 

Oh well, Barnes got a Prem debut. That is good. 

Totally agree mate. The decision to loan out both Slimani and Ulloa and thus rob ourselves of even having that option was an absolutely ridiculous decision.

Edited by Paddy.
  • Like 2

The life the goals the excitement have all been sucked out of our leicester team. To be so dominant at home and then go to this is shocking.

4 wins since January has to be the luckiest manager in football history at top level 

Edited by adamlcfcbevo85
Spell check
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, lozzyblue fox said:

to bring on two subs in the 91st minute is shocking. Sorry puel you haven't a clue you at least need to give the subs 20 mins at least.

had to recheck the score thought we were clinging onto a 1-0 lead so he did it to waste time!!!

I think he just bought them on to waste time to ensure the draw :(

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blue Ed said:

someone who can do the basics. Redmond if Southampton go down.

Mahrez wasn't at his best tonight but he is not the problem.

He'll be at Man City next season because that's his level.

'Basic' doesn't cut it.

I suppose Gray does the basics? 

Being a winger isn't about basics it's about making something from nothing.

Come to think of it there's absolutely nothing basic about it.

Edited by Nod.E
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Southampton hardly turned up to play any football.  They had 11 behind the ball the whole game.

I'd be more angry with the fact that Hughes has set them up like that knowing that really they need to go for the game rather than sit back and defend.

I think we tried to break them down but the way Puel has us set up we don't possess the players to break teams down the way we are attempting to as the opposition set up 11 behind the ball.  The counter doesn't work either as teams have sussed that out.

Mahrez for me, game by game, is looking like a one trick pony.  Poor from him.  World class players adjust their game but he on the other hand cannot or will not.

11 men behind the ball? For the last 15 maybe but they out possessed us up until that point and had more shots. Infact we only ended up level on chances....