Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leics 0- Soton 0 post match thread.

I thought we looked pretty darned good in patches. Southampton had numbers in defence, making it difficult for us to find our way through but we were showing some creativity. We should have won, yes, but more worryingly for me is that we could have conceded. I thought our defensive midfield was stretched and lacking, which is understandable given Silva not being match fit nor up to speed. Too much on Ndidi's shoulders.

I see the positives in that performance. I'm actually looking forward to next season, a couple of signings to address a couple of shortcomings. I hope Drago stays, he looks comfortable with the ball.

Diabate though, the guy's a find. I think I might be in love!

• Like 3

Both the BBC and Sky said we played it like a training match and were just going through the motions.

Considering the media love to tell clubs like us to be grateful for what we've got, that says a lot. A real poor effort from all concerned.

With nothing to play for you can tell even the players are bored of the way we are playing. The chickens are coming home to roost, as I predicted.

1 minute ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Walking back from the stadium and hearing Southampton fans saying how an earth they held on.

Promising signs from that game but I agree our form and lack of ability to finish and create clear cut chances is alarming.

Still somehow puel in as there’s still positive signs, BUT, can sympathise with those who think a change is needed. 

I think on that game alone I wouldn’t be worried as we played well, but with context and in the grand scheme of things, it’s another on a long list of games we should have won.

I trust the owners to make the right decision like they have done in the past.

We suck at finishing and we have no big forward nor a player able to take his chance from 25 yards. It's killing us.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, martyn said:

Some promising ish interplay at times, but we move the ball so slowly that it's very easy for the opposition defence to set themselves.

Wish we'd try and get some overlaps on the flanks to vary our play. It's all too central and if it does find its way wide, invariably it's being crossed from too deep a position.

Yeah, every time Gray passed to Chilwell who was marauding forwards, instead of overlapping, he just sits behind Chilwell, so inevitably the ball goes backwards. Happened every single time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

I cannot understand Mahrez's logic. He's been playing crap for the last few games and will continue doing so until the end of the season (just like he did last year), yet he expects big clubs to swoop for him??!!

He's not only shown he is a disloyal individual and very hard to trust, but also extremely lazy. I don't get it.. Just why the fvck would big club's bother with him now?

My sides.

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

11 men behind the ball? For the last 15 maybe but they out possessed us up until that point and had more shots. Infact we only ended up level on chances....

I think you'll find they managed two on target all game, the second coming from Austin in the final minutes of the game.

They had everyone behind the ball.  Instead of bringing on Austin for a defensive player, he replaces Long ffs.  Defensive all game.

Good god what an absolute snorefest that was, yet again.

Game by game my excitement and passion for football is gradually being killed by this insipid, dull and outrageously pointless build up that never ends with a shot on goal.

It may not have been for the purists but the style of play when we won the league was at least exciting, imagine paying money to fall asleep in your seat at the moment :nigel:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm still positive about next season with Puel.

He needs to have a full season with us and not be hampered by someone like Mahrez who, I think, Puel wanted rid-of but the owners didn't allow it.

Really don't want to see Riyad picked again this season - our development is more important than the owners' shop window.

Nothing to play for in the players minds, lack of conviction and a general lethargy all game. Very disappointed we look like just another one of the teams in this League who turn to slush as soon as they're safe and without a chance of getting into Europe. That said its good we changed some players around, look to build something for next season and blood more of the promising youngsters in the next few weeks who do have points to prove in this League.

Southampton were just bizarre, 4 games left and 5 points from safety. Happy to sit in against a side who haven't won at home for three months. They should be going down with a pretty good team by the look of it and being that they're a similar side to us in terms of stadium, budget, expectations, fans, history(bar recently), its not a good omen.

Edited by SpazticChicken

1 minute ago, Kendal Fox said:

I cannot understand Mahrez's logic. He's been playing crap for the last few games and will continue doing so until the end of the season (just like he did last year), yet he expects big clubs to swoop for him??!!

He's not only shown he is a disloyal individual and very hard to trust, but also extremely lazy. I don't get it.. Just why the fvck would big club's bother with him now?

I wish we had of sold him end of jan its not as if we have had a brilliant player on our hands since then as he has been so poor.

We as a team couldn't have been any worse of he he had gone .

• Like 3